The New-look Jw340

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An extract of slang uses of "Shake n Bake" taken from Wikipedia ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shake_%27n_Bake

Not sure if any of them are relevant as they refer to bumpy suspension, heavily modified vehicles & fake tans :getmecoat:

1. In the safari industry, a "shake and bake" is a slang term for the heavily modified open-topped vehicles (usually Land Cruisers or Land Rovers) as those riding in the vehicle are shaken by the bumpy roads and "baked" by the sun.

2. In the 2006 film Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Cal Naughton, Jr. and Ricky Bobby are known, respectively, as "Shake and Bake" on the NASCAR circuit. Naughton, Jr. says in the film that the nickname is "awesome", because shake and bake "rhyme" and "they're both verbs."

3. It's also a term used when people spray on a tan, they "shake" the bottle and then look "baked" from the sun after they have been sprayed. Fake tans are also referred to as "Fake 'n Bake."

Edited by DRAM300
hear that looks no bad john loveing the wheels (never mind track wheels get them on now :D )

i think the jw340 would look better on the botton off the door...

its good to see her all stickerd up again :getmecoat:

OK!

Here they are :o

post-10295-1214060862.jpg

post-10295-1214060869.jpg

post-10295-1214060879.jpg

post-10295-1214060891.jpg

post-10295-1214060903.jpg

OK, ready for more flack!

you know i'm liking the orange wheels :D

they definately change the look of the car.

also spotted the cheeky wee Andy Forrest Performance sticker on the wing :o

but how come the pics are all from the driver side?

bet ye didnae change the wheels over on the passenger side and the gold ones are still on it :getmecoat:

Wheels aren't actually as bad as I though they'd be, the stripes help it "blend" in a bit (if that's the right phrase??). Might cause an accident or two as people have a good stare at them - certainly eyecatching and different !!!

John,

Have to say that when you said in your PM you were painting your Sti wheels orange I thought you had lost the plot :getmecoat:

But, have to say the orange wheels really suit the other stuff you have done :D

some orange on the side to finish it off! ie orange line between the top of the "J" and the "3" over the top of the "W" and same orange stripe under the Jw340 should do the trick

Edited by Gus the Bus

alrite ricky bobby, if you aint first to do it your last as someone else will copy you.

Fairs do's for being bold and going for it but the first thing me and the burd thought was 'oh no, whats he done!'

Only cause it looked so sweet with the original graphics and even bare without them.

Dare i say it looks slightly neddish now? (holds his breath.......)

I actually dont mind the stripes, they're not stupidly wide, and with the orange wheels they look spot on... get the 18's done as well mate. B)

I'd keep the JW340 and Shake and Bake Baby stuff all the same font, and if you can, rip the Prodrive Font off as it'll look a touch oem. But, defo need to move the JW340 to the leading edge of the door (closest to front wing) and about 2-3cms under the middle 'in-dent line' of the door. It looks a bit too random where it is just now IMO. :icon_salut:

Cheers,

Grant

I actually dont mind the stripes, they're not stupidly wide, and with the orange wheels they look spot on... get the 18's done as well mate. B)

I'd keep the JW340 and Shake and Bake Baby stuff all the same font, and if you can, rip the Prodrive Font off as it'll look a touch oem. But, defo need to move the JW340 to the leading edge of the door (closest to front wing) and about 2-3cms under the middle 'in-dent line' of the door. It looks a bit too random where it is just now IMO. :icon_salut:

Cheers,

Grant

Well, well. Been out most of the night and got on expecting to see a load of negative comments about the wheels but it seems that all bar one (thanks Billy B) ) like it! I think I will go for powder coating my gold wheels.

Thanks again! Over 70 posts on this thread; at least its getting people talking - hahaha! :beer:

John, get some orange graphics oan they flaps n all :icon_salut:

Aye, will do, and I'll do that other thing you suggest with the lines. I might move the JW340 in the position Grant suggested as I originally intended to put it down there any way. I left it further up casue thats the position of the rally numbers.

John, I have an opinion, but I'd rather meet you before giving it. The colour scheme is not to my taste, its the 'EGO' thing you need to deal with B)

Lets face it having a 340 is nothing to boast about :icon_salut:B)

Edited by JohnSt