The New-look Jw340

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John well not into decals myself, like the clean look, however the shake and bake is a bit cheesy my friend, again it is your car and each to our own we dont want to all look the same do we. The possitive side is the alloys love the orange wheels if it was me i would get rid the gold and go orange the future bright the futures orange he he ......the stripes defo remind me of a Fiesta...

My oppinion counts for nothing tho... :getmecoat:

well just having put black stripes, onto a green classic, I am a bit biased. I like the stripes. the "shake n bake" a bit "talledaga nights" a film I hated so i would loose that but it's still a distinctive motor, and you will get folks moving outta the way when they see it coming up behind :getmecoat:

i dont think it looks that bad mate, dunno about the jw340 on the door maybe you couldve blown it up a bit it seems to be lacking something kinda agree with dunc

orange stripes :getmecoat:

end of the day its your car and if youre happy then who cares

I Kinda like it to be honest! Orange stripes looks smart and the writing well it's different and not in a bad way IMHO complements the stripes.. :getmecoat:

Orange wheels.... Not Sure i'f be seen in public with them but good for the track though!

Nice to see the knockhill track layout on there! Makes a change from the Nurburgring one that nearly every impreza seems to have these days, regarless of whether the car has actually been on the ring or not...

Good on you for giving it a go yourself, seems okay from the distance the pics were taken.

The stripes I think seem okay actually. The shake-n-bake is a no especially when it has no meaning - sounds like your advertising a food product ??!.The jw340 is okay but just seems either wrong size and/or in the wrong place, fine that it is somewhere though as it has meaning. Already mentioned but it looks like somethings missing - maybe we're just too used to seeing you car fully decaled up ? Keep those wheels for the track...would be tooo much on the road !

Just my opinions, it is your car and important thing is that you like it.

It will look brilliant on track with the orange wheels.

Got to agree with others tho, lose the shake and bake. I also think the Jw340 sign looks kind of odd and just hanging there. Maybe if it was orange and along the bottom of the door it would look a bit better.

Top job tho, if you like it, thats all that matters

Well John you've certainly "stirred the pot" there sir. Personally I like it and I.m not into decals at all. Good for you mate, nuthin like bucking the trend. Don't see you taking that colour scheme to Celtic Park and coming away unscathed tho? :getmecoat:

Rubbins Racin is so last year, Shake n' bake works for me

Agreed!

Shake n' bake was designed to be cheesy! and in a strange way that makes it cool! Stick with it! As I said before that saying matches the style of the stripes!

As for the jw340, been thinking about it the past couple hours and it's fine.. It's NOT within the subaru style but it's your own style. IMHO it doesn't look bad, it's just different.. And from the sounds of things that's exactly what you were going for.. I reckon it'd look better in the flesh and it'll soon be accepted.. Don't change a thing! Wouldn't mind seeing a couple more shots from a distance showing the whole of the car...!

Edited by ScoUK
Agreed!

Shake n' bake was designed to be cheesy! and in a strange way that makes it cool! Stick with it! As I said before that saying matches the style of the stripes!

As for the jw340, been thinking about it the past couple hours and it's fine.. It's NOT within the subaru style but it's your own style. IMHO it doesn't look bad, it's just different.. And from the sounds of things that's exactly what you were going for.. I reckon it'd look better in the flesh and it'll soon be accepted.. Don't change a thing! Wouldn't mind seeing a couple more shots from a distance showing the whole of the car...!

Thanks for all the comments, both negative and positive. Some of the negative comments are too much though, I mean, how can you ruin a car with some stripes and words. It's a car, it's not like I have "I Love Satan" tatooed all over my face, so no need to take it too seriously.

I won't be taking anything off, but might try and think of something to add to the JW340 bit and if I think of soemthing better than "Shake and Bake" then I'd replace it, but as Scot says, it goes with the stripes, tongue in cheek sort of. . My intention was to stir the pot a little bit and try to get away from conventional stuff like rally decals and Cusco decals - blue cars and gold wheels. I mean, they all look good but they are not disticntive, part of the reason I took the rally stickers off.

But again, all comments much appreciated, thanks for taking the time. :getmecoat:

Looks good to me John.. I like the orange stripes, seem to complement the gold wheels.

I see what you mean about adding to the JW stickers though, i'm sure you'll come up with something :getmecoat:

Aye, I have some orange left over and was going to use it as a background which might have been better, but I'll come up with something :D