The New-look Jw340

How come? Too low? Tryin coming in the other gate at the main building.

I need to come in at the main entrance and then leave at the main entrance, unfortunatly the mountain just before you pass under the overhang likes to kiss my exhaust. Feeling a speedbump peel under your car is definatly NOT nice :P

Hopefully i'll see it on Satuardy, should be coming upto KH with Joe :blush:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to come in at the main entrance and then leave at the main entrance, unfortunatly the mountain just before you pass under the overhang likes to kiss my exhaust. Feeling a speedbump peel under your car is definatly NOT nice :blush:

Hopefully i'll see it on Satuardy, should be coming upto KH with Joe :D

Nice one, grab me in the pit lant and I'll take you from a few laps. Sadly I won't be giving it as much beans as I usually do coz of the chocolate gear box, but hopefully you will enjoy the experience just the same. :P

John, apologies for the very broad question here

but what performance / handling mods have you carried

out to date ?? Your car is a WRX isn't it, am currently mulling

over the idea of selling the bike and go down the 'big' upgrade

road myself with my '03 wrx. Do remember you having a tale of

woe re. your g/box and thought it would be pretty beneficial

to do a bit of homework and see what level you can take things to

until they start to break. The car has become a weekend toy now

so can justify the possible useage of methanol but again I want to

be able to use it properly without thinking 'only another 2 months

before things start to melt ' :P

Generally any advice related to what not to do would be of great help mate.

Craig.

John, apologies for the very broad question here

but what performance / handling mods have you carried

out to date ?? Your car is a WRX isn't it, am currently mulling

over the idea of selling the bike and go down the 'big' upgrade

road myself with my '03 wrx. Do remember you having a tale of

woe re. your g/box and thought it would be pretty beneficial

to do a bit of homework and see what level you can take things to

until they start to break. The car has become a weekend toy now

so can justify the possible useage of methanol but again I want to

be able to use it properly without thinking 'only another 2 months

before things start to melt ' :P

Generally any advice related to what not to do would be of great help mate.

Craig.

Craig.

Handling Mods: Tein superstreet coilovers - whiteline ARB/droplinks/Ant-Lift Kit

Power Mods: VF38 Turbo/Sports Cat/Uprated Oil pump/Fuel pump/Plugs/Panel filter

Since I am running a 2.5, I get 340BHP and 400 ft/lbs torque. Woes to date include broken piston and broken gearbox. The reason the piston broke was because the 2.5s run tighter in the bore, so it looks like the much higher temps generated during track use caused the piston to get nicked in the bore. I now have uprated pistons and racing shells. Since you are running the 2.0 in your WRX you should be ok, espeically if you are not going to be running it on track. With the gearbox, you should also be OK with that, especially if you are not running on track and becasue the 2.0 doesn't provide as much torque as the 2.5 - torque is the real killer where the gearbox is concerned. The WRX box is not nearly as strong as the STi 6-speeders.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that John, so suppose your car's a different

beast entirely then :P It appears Andy has been updating

his site :

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

I was thinking level 3 terratory but he does state that depending

on usage the g/b could take a pounding just wasn't too sure if this

was your after effect ??

Anyway thanks for that mate, will keep going with the homework - it's looking good tho :blush:

Craig.

John...I am no fan of stickers so I just won't comment on them other than to say that as a self confessed track tart, wouldn't the money be better spent on either the car or yourself (track lessons)?

Only cost £70 - wouldn't get much in the way of tuition or for the car for that sum of money.

Thanks for that John, so suppose your car's a different

beast entirely then :blush: It appears Andy has been updating

his site :

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

I was thinking level 3 terratory but he does state that depending

on usage the g/b could take a pounding just wasn't too sure if this

was your after effect ??

Anyway thanks for that mate, will keep going with the homework - it's looking good tho :D

Craig.

Welcome mate :P

craig79,

i have a 03 wrx which is running roughly 300bhp/300ft/lbs torque. your car will be fine for stage 1 - 2 though after that i would be a bit weary.

however i have blown the cat which in turn ****ed the turbo and i'm just getting it back after blowing the cylinder head gasket. i have never tracked it and wouldnt say i gave it welly every day though i do have the occasional blip lol

hope this helps though after reading what i've written, i wouldnt know what to do lol

John, i need to get the cones out early on Renfrew road to get a better look when you pass the site in the morning!!!

Hope we are causing traffic chaos morning noon and night for all in the Paisley area LOL

Are you working at the shell garage/B Road around Arklestone then? If so you've took away my favorite small bit of road :(:D

Edited by Boydie.
John, i need to get the cones out early on Renfrew road to get a better look when you pass the site in the morning!!!

Hope we are causing traffic chaos morning noon and night for all in the Paisley area LOL

LOL! Not in again till Thursday Dave, and that will be my last day for 7 yes SEVEN weeks WOO HOO!!!! You're more than welcome to drop by the hoose anytime for a close up :D

Edited by TheWelsho
craig79,

i have a 03 wrx which is running roughly 300bhp/300ft/lbs torque. your car will be fine for stage 1 - 2 though after that i would be a bit weary.

however i have blown the cat which in turn ****ed the turbo and i'm just getting it back after blowing the cylinder head gasket. i have never tracked it and wouldnt say i gave it welly every day though i do have the occasional blip lol

hope this helps though after reading what i've written, i wouldnt know what to do lol

Thanks for the heads up mate, the cars currently running 280ish with

aboot 60k on the clock. To achieive the mid 300 figures a complete 3"

decat system would be needed anyway irradicating the cat worries, but the head

gasket is a bit of a concern ?? Would really need to talk to Andy F re. any possible

preventions before I take the leap.

Craig.