My New Additions

cheers mate

had a bit of a headache though, got the seats in and all bolted up then decided to run the wife out to get her car after our night out the night before. We got in the scoob and tried to put our seatbelts on and they would not click into the bits on the seats, to my annoyed surprise it would seem Subaru had changed the belt clips after V4 and so I had to take the seats back out and swap the belt catches for the ones off my WRX seats. [:@]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was compiling a list of what has been done so far and thought I would post it here seeing as this thread is a pretty good record of my progress.

Full De-Cat Afterburner Stainless Downpipe and Center Section

Afterburner Vortex Back Box

STi Top Mount Intercooler

Autobahn 88 Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose

3 Port Boost Solenoid

GReddy Flat Panel Air Filter

GReddy Sports Oil Filter

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Bailey Twin Piston Dump Valve

STi front alloy lower arms

STi Anti Roll Bars

MY05 4 Pot front calipers

Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

EBC Red Stuff Ceramic Pads front & rear

TSL rear droplinks

STi clocks

Smiths Boost gauge

Smiths Oil Pressure Gauge

Nomad Racing Double Pillar Pod

STi Front & Rear Seats

STi tail lights

Clear front indicators

Clear side repeaters

17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Black Alloys

Alloy Bonnet and Bootlid

Pioneer head unit with 12 disc changer

JBL amp running 2x JBL 10" subs

The following have all been ordered and should start arriving by the end of this week

Hybrid Front Mount Intercooler

APEXi Power FC

APEXi Power IntakeHoses

SFS Silicone Coolant Hoses

Next on the list are

Walbro Fuel Pump

Fuel Pressure Regulator

550cc Injectors

TD05 20g Turbo

Then a bloomin good mapping session

PHEW !!!!!!

A little update

My Hybrid front mount arrived last week so started stripping the car last night only for it to chuck it down through the night last night and for more of the same to be forecast for the next couple of days, just my luck [:@]

also going to be stripping out the inlet manifold for re-painting and fitting of my turbo inlet hose, boy do I feel way in over my head with this one.

the car currently looks like this [:D]

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Oh and my new door cards arrived this morning so I will have a matching interior again soon [:D]

You are like a saviour mate

I think I nearly have it off, only a couple of bits to disconnect now. Its more putting it all back together that I will probably need help with but if you have a free hour or so all help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I am out at the car every evening this week (and next) trying to get most of it done before the MGP starts proper.

Well here we are, new forum and new update

The front mount is on (phone pics again sorry)

DSC00039.jpg

and the manilfold is painted

DSC00038.jpg

Spent all afternoon Saturday and all day Sunday putting the car back together, most of the time taken up with trimming the front bumper to get it to fit around the front mount. The inlet manifold was refitted along with my silicone turbo inlet hose and my silicone coolant hoses.

Turned the key about half eight Sunday night, she fired up first turn and then became really lumpy and died, after alot of messing around I finally got her running although she now has a really bad hesitation and cough around 4000rpm. Am heading up to Andrews (ASTiMAN) tonight after the practices for him to see if he can find what is causing the problem, he thinks it may be an air leak from somewhere.

Will post up some more pics and another update tomorrow.

Edited by CupraDave

Here we are then, used to look like this

dsc00226zs.jpg

then this

enginerz3wp8.jpg

and this is what we have now

dsc00051dz3.jpg

dsc00031nm0.jpg

As you can see I still need to trim and refit my STi splitter, and my power intake has still not arrived.

I am a little upset though as after investigation last night it would appear the car has eaten its second MAF. I really hope I dont have a car that eats MAF's for breakfast. I am struggling to find a replacement, I have rang a few places this morning and no one seems to have one. Alyn @ AS Performance said he could get me a brand new one but at present I dont have the £250 he quoted me for it.

My search for another MAF continues,,,,,,,

On a lighter note, the new door cards are in so the interior matches again

Edited by CupraDave

Dave,

Try this guy for a MAF

www.importcarpart.co.uk

Website doesnt seem to do much today, but heres the number...

Tel - 01388 834204

I got one from him a few months ago.

He advertises that all his stuff is used, but the one I got looked brand new.

And the best bit, it was only £85!! :thumbup:

cheers for that Mark

just rang him and he has none of the orange label second hand ones in stock

he is quoting more that Grade A for a new one, Grade A are asking for £185 +VAT and delivery

could really do without forking out a couple of hundred quid right now

Took the plunge this morning and ordered a new MAF from Grade A. Fair play to them they said it would be out today and delivered tomorrow which is ace. :brickwall:

Received my PFC and Power Intake yesterday so for something to do after the practices were cancelled last night I decided to offer up the intake to the busted MAF to find out the holes do not line up, would appear I have received the wrong intake :brickwall: one thing after bloody another :occasion14: so am gonna double check the PFC is the correct one and then send back the wrong parts tomorrow

Mine was running like a dog (hunting) a few years ago (yes, when it was actually running). I sorted mine by removing the MAF and giving a generous squirt of carb cleaner, leaving to evaporate and then another squirt. Not sure but I think the V2 MAFs are tougher than the later models as I have had a cone filter on now for 5 years and still on original MAF.

hey dave thatslooking brill now

Cheers Dan

Mine was running like a dog (hunting) a few years ago (yes, when it was actually running). I sorted mine by removing the MAF and giving a generous squirt of carb cleaner, leaving to evaporate and then another squirt. Not sure but I think the V2 MAFs are tougher than the later models as I have had a cone filter on now for 5 years and still on original MAF.

What?? Yours ran?? :o:(

Tried the carb cleaner, and it made the problem worse. The car was drivable below 4k before cleaning then completely undrivable afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

another little update

finally got the correct Power Intake although the brackets supplied with it did not fit at all, so had to reshape them to suit. One could do with shortening but it is holding secure for now.

Got the splitter back on, took a bit of trimming to get it to match up with the bumper but got it mounted nice and tight, probably better fitted now than it was before.

Oh yeah and changed the grill, it was silver when I got it so spayed it black. The jury is still out on wether I should leave it black or paint some of it red.

Also changed the steering wheel and gear knob for STi red stitched items

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0007.1.jpg

Edited by CupraDave