My New Additions

Thought I would share with you all my hard work over the last week.

I have spent every evening after work, the whole week refurbishing the second hand Speedlines I got a couple of weeks back. Took my entire day off last Monday to rub them down and prep them for ready for painting. To be honest the pic does not do them justice, I am properly proud of myself for the job I have made of them.

gone from this,

mineun4.jpg

to this,

newwheelssmlli3.jpg

Also Mid-week I received my shiney front and rear strut braces so of course they were fitted straight away, not too sure about the pink ends though

The rear one was a killer to fit, took alot of cursing and swearing to get it to fit LOL

enginerz3.jpg

Next on the shopping list are some lovely 4 pots [;)]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, was a long week. was getting really impatient towards the end but managed to hold out and not get greedy when spraying to avoid runs

nah the new rims are 17's with 215/45's the old gold ones were 16's with 205/50's

know anyone after some gold 16's with nearly new P6000s all round?

cheers Daz

LOL the black wheels were not on when I saw you this morning dude

Hopefully they should clear 4 pots, was told these are the wheels that were offered on the Prodrive options list for UK classics as were 4 pots

although if I am wrongly informed please someone tell me now please as I have just won these on ebay with the money I saved by refurbing my wheels myself

calipers-1.jpg

and they dont even need painting

Edited by CupraDave

I have now learned that my nice new shiney refurbed wheels I spent so long working on will not clear my nice new shiney 4 pots [:'(]

has anyone here had any experience with these? does anyone know how far the wheel would have to come out to clear the caliper?

if not would anyone like to offer their 4 potted car for a little trial fit? maybe at the meet on Wednesday?

I am sooooo gutted [;)]

Pretty sure that the old wheels won't clear them as I'm sure you need 17s and they have to be a certain fit.

Real shame they don't fit as your wheel refurb looks great and the calipers look mint.

Pretty safe to say I am not going back to the 16's as I have had 2 enquiries about them and to be honest could do with the cash as I couldn't really afford the 4 pots but they were just too good to miss.

If I cant get the Speedlines to clear the calipers then they will be going up for sale too and the scoob will have to sit on some axel stands until I can afford some 17's that will clear the 4 pots, a shame really the car looks so good on them too, as those of you who are coming will see on Wednesday.

Not going to cry but we are close [:@] LOL

thats a damn pity!!! they don't need to be 17's to fit over the 4 pots cause the version 4 type R's came standard with 4 pot calipers and 16 inch rims. whats the problem with the speedlines? is the back edge of the rim gonna catch the caliper? think i would be having a large .

Well I deffinately will not be going back to the gold 16's cause new fella to the forum Dan has just been up to mine to buy them, sorry Nix (I touch goats by the way).

Turns out he is the fella my mate told me about a couple of months back that would take my 16's if i ever decided to sell them

Just a reminder of how small the Isle of Man is eh? LOL

anyway back to the matter at hand [:'(]

went and had a look at mine before on my car at the moment i've got a set of 17" rims which are running 225, 45, 17 tyres and these wheels give me 15mm clearence from the outer edge of the caliper to the back edge of the wheel spoke. and measuring as best i could from the inside edge of the wheel to where it sits on the hub was approx 30mm dunno if any of that is any help to you or not

been and had a look and I reckon I have about the same clearance with the calipers that are on the car just now, not sure how much wider the 4 pots are compared to the ones currently on the car. probably considerably thicker knowing my luck.

the 4 pots should be arriving this week, so hopefully will get a chance over the bank holiday weekend to have a play around if I cant find anyone with 4 pots. That are willing to let me try one of my wheels on thier car one evening this week to check clearances.

what wheels do you have mate? do you have 4 pots or the little standard numbers like in my first pic?

Hi again Dan was good to meet you last night, cant wait to see your car with the 16's on it.

Not sure if my old calipers would fit your car, once I have taken them off you are more than welcome to come round and we can have a look see.

at the minute i've got a set of 17" subaru wheels of a legacy on still waitin for my new ones to show up [:@] i've got four pot calipers on mine and am pretty sure i will be at the meet tomorrow night will be going straight up though wont have time to get the grandstand in as well. so if we get chance can try your wheels tomorrow if you like to see if they fit.

yeah i do just a matter of finding it  put it in a safe place just got to remember which one lol [:D]. i will dig the jack out and bring it with me anyway just in case. here's a picture of my car by the way so you know who i am sort of lol. see you tomorrow night [;)]

DSCF0078.jpg

may not be all bad news then [;)]

spoke to Keith @ Revolution (top bloke by the way) after a recommendation from a fella on SN.

Keith said that if his memory serves correct, I might be able to use a 5mm spacer to get the wheels to clear the 4 pot calipers. I have some 3mm shims in the garage so will be bringing them with me tonight to try with the wheel.

Does anyone know if I can use 5mm spacers, will I need extended studs? or do you think I would get enough turns on the nut with the standard studs?

Just wanted to say thanks again for letting me use your car for a trial fit last night Marc, was good to meet you also.

So it looks like I might get away with using 5mm spacers to get the Speedlines to clear the calipers, used 2x 3mm shims last night and there was a bit of a gap between the back of the wheel and the caliper so it looks promising.

All I need now are the breaks which have just been collected by the courier from the seller this morning, only 3 days late, but thats another story, not the sellers fault.