My New Additions

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to www.photobucket.com set up an account upload your pictures onto your online account (doesn't cost anything) when you have uploaded them copy the image file name ( third box down from the picture and just paste it into your post. when you log on it gives you step by step instructions the first time round

also dave with the interior am i gettin the door cards also ? and what sort of price am a looking at ?

sorry Dan but it would just be seats as the new interior I am looking at is from a 2 door car, will PM you with more info when I have it

I have taken the heart wrenching decision to sell my freshly refurbed Speedlines instead of running with spacers once my new brakes are fitted.

These wheels have been on my Scoob not even 2 weeks.

They are fitted with 215/45/17 KUMHO KU31 ECSTA SPORT tyres of which, one is brand new and the remaining 3 have loads of tread on them.

These will fit all Imprezas with a 5x100 PCD and (as I have now found out) will only clear Subaru 4 pot brakes with 5mm spacers.

Any questions just ask.

Only hoping to make my money back on them there for looking for £350

• 1 month later...

Well, no one seems to want my wheels so it looks as though I am gonna have to keep them for now but I have gone ahead and fitted the new brakes at last. I have ordered some 5mm spacers for the front today so the Chronos will clear the calipers.

Dave K (thanks again for all your help mate) and I started yesterday about half nine in the peeing rain in my make shift "service area" in front of my garage, thankfully the rain eased and eventually stopped in the early afternoon and the sun came out.

It took us about 9 hours thanks to working with axel stands and a trolley jack, but this time also included painting the rear calipers and waiting for them to dry before we could fit the new discs and pads and bolt everything back together, not to mention bacon butties and many cups of tea.

The only things we did not get done were the Goodridge Braided Lines because we could not separate the old rubber lines from the hard lines on the car, we tried everything but the spanner kept slipping and I did not want to completely screw them up. So the car has been booked into South Coast for the 16th July so they are done for Scoobyfest.

We also fitted a new (well to me anyway, was Dave's old one LOL) double pillar pod, and also removed my DV as I have to send it back to Bailey for them to have a look at because it has started leaking bad style, Bruce at Bailey said he would also fit a stronger spring to it at the same time for no charge which I thought was really good of him.

Took some dodgy mobile phone pics which I will post up this evening and I will take some decent new pics when I go across for the F1 next month.

[:)]

Looking good there matey [Y], Did you use universal spacers? I could have made you some custom jobbies at work [;)]

Cheers Daz, I wish I had known mate, I ordered some universal 5mm spacers yesterday. At the mo I have 2x 3mm shims on each side as we needed the use of the Scoob 'cause the wife managed to lock both her car keys in the car, yes the spare too !!! [:#]

Dan I touch goats [Y]

LMAO how on earth did she manage that one? [*-)]

Dont ask mate [8-)] 

Thanks to Bruce at Bailey Motorsport. I posted him my faulty DV last Monday, he calls me Tuesday to say he had received it and had already tested it and found it to be, and I quote, "completely cream crackered". He said the inside of the DV was all scored and the piston was totally unresponsive, he thought that some grit or something had got into it and caused all the scoring and was jamming it open when on the car. He said it was under warrenty and he would send me a new one with the stronger spring that very afternoon, which he did as my shiney new one arrived Wednesday morning. Who said posting to the Isle of Man took ages? Thanks again Bruce, top service.

After a bit of thinking and talking my beloved wife [:(] we decided against running spacers on the car and ordered these [H]

Pro%20Race%201%20Black_m.jpg

They should be delivered tomorrow morning giving me just enough time to have tyres fitted before getting on the boat Wednesday morning.

Will post some pics up when they have been fitted.

Coming next, some H&R lowering springs [:P]

I got one now I got a white WRX from japan with 44k on the clock and completely standard apart from a dumpvalve jus got back with it last night wow what a diffenence from my other one its well fast lol jus got to get it through the mot then I have 3k to spent on some trick bits for it

Hey dave, i cant see any pics of the car with new wheels on [:^)].

You should be able to see them now Daz [:$]

Spent 6 hours today cleaning her inside and out when I got her back after havin the braided brake lines fitted this morning, ao she is all spanked up and shiney ready for ScoobyFest.

cheers dude

those pics were taken after a quick sponge down to remove the 300 odd miles from my trip to the F1

she is even cleaner now after today, even had the wheels off to clean the backs, and to clean the brake dust off the 4 pots so they are shiney red again.

How anal am I ? [:$]

LMAO [;)]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at it again LOL

These are my latest additions, the front and rears seats from a Type R, the red seats look fantastic in the red car.

I have matching 4 door doorcards lined up and should hopefully have them in a couple of weeks.

seats.jpg

The next item to go on is this puppy, not a job I am looking forward to but never mind it will be worth it in the long run

inlethose.jpg

OK off out now to fit the sandwich plate so I can hook up my new oil pressure gauge, and the oil temp gauge once I get it.