A good photographer never leaves his post!.....

Saw the back end step out and he started heading towards us, thought he would just hit the tyres and stop but he hit it with such force it launched the car. I was looking through viewfinder to start then moved camera down and could have touched his bumper! looked round and my mate iain was heading for Kelty!!

Was a bit stupid really in hindsight, should have got the hell out the way well before he hit the wall but i'm still here...picking gravel out my pockets,teeth,lugs!

Col.

Awesome pics Col,love the way the second pic catches every detail like the gravel,water splashing up and even the desperation in the drivers face.

Like said before ,shame to see a nice car being written off,he must have really been flying to launch the car like that,you done well to stay there to capture those images[;)]

Didnt think it was the right time to ask! Actually helped him out the car with the marshall, gravel was piled up and couldnt get the door open. I've seen quite a few cars roll near there but they usually just slowly tip over in the gravel with not too much damage, this one was completely destroyed though[;)] only straight bit was the back bumper, roof caved in quite badly at the front.

I had a wee run in with this guy a few laps before this happened. The rules of the track are that you pull over to the right and ease off to let faster cars past, so I was coming up behind him along the straight and he pulled over as expected but then he decided to accelerate as we approached the first corner so as I was turning in on the racing line I caught him in the corner of my eye trying to over take me again nearly putting me into the gravel,w**k*r.

I had a wee run in with this guy a few laps before this happened. The rules of the track are that you pull over to the right and ease off to let faster cars past, so I was coming up behind him along the straight and he pulled over as expected but then he decided to accelerate as we approached the first corner so as I was turning in on the racing line I caught him in the corner of my eye trying to over take me again nearly putting me into the gravel,w**k*r.

Sounds like he got what he deserved then!  Obviously thought he was a better driver than he was!