DISCLOSE YER MODS YA BASS!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats going to be one hell of a motor. With that gearing and plated diffs its going to be hard to beat off the line. Plus a good bottom end which gives you scope to play with other turbos later if you want. Love the powder coat job too.

Think I'm going to need about a 100 shot of NO2 to keep up face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Thanks Carl,JC and Tino, It wont be the most powerful subaru ever built, and it wont be the quickest, but its bought and paid for and its mine.

It will allow me to punch at a weight my last running gear wouldnt allow. Over the winter Im going to have to learn to drive it again, and learn how to launch it. I need to master the inevitable lag and relearn where in the gearing I am keeping her spooling. she will step out as well with the torque and plated diffs and I need to be able to master that.

Powersliding, flicking, left foot braking. I will be busy as soon as I find somewhere Im not going to hit anything.

Bill Greer made it all happen and put the lump in the hole. I will gladly wear his garage name on the car, which is something I never really bothered with up until now.

Callum W

Alrighty since you asked. By middle of Feb my car WILL be running with the following:

Apexi Power FC - mapped to 1.5 bar

Apexi AVCR

Apexi Power Intake

HKS FMIC (with hard pipes lagged)

Denso 550cc injectors

SX Fuel Reg

Gruppe S Headers with Helix up-pipe (wrapped)

3"-2.5" Open neck downpipe

2.5" full decat system

Parallel Fuel Rail

90 degree entry TD05/06-20g

Inlet Manifold spacers

Sti3 heads

Sti2/Sti3 hybrid MAF tube

NGK PFR7B's

Insulated Later metal header tank

Later 3 bar MAP sensor

Lower temp thermostat

sti6 gearbox and rear diff

Exedy Racing Organic Clutch

Hope thats everything. Like dave most people don't care what the hell is under my bonnet as i ain't one of the ones in the so-called spotlight!

Thats pretty nasty coulty. And very flipant, especially from the man who said, quote, " It used to be my car that was the one to beat,"

which we all know is bollocks.

I have done what I have done because it is my passion. I dont have a family and I dont have a house. I do not concider this a competition

if I did I would have put a 2.33 in her for the same money.

I dont concider myself "in the spotlight", and I take offence at you suggesting what you are.

I concidered you a friend. I was obviously mistaken.

Callum W

Well done Wilky for posting this thread - these are the threads we all like - people like yourself, and Coulty, and many others, who put serious effort into their cars and make us folk with humble cars look on in awe are what anmy club needs. AND THAT IS GREAT - we are enthusiasts and although many of us are happy with a slightly (or not at all) modified car, we love to see the cars which people really work hard on.

It is great to see the variety of cars and the differences in the way people go about getting the same thing - a fast, quality handling car.

Competition is not important, but pushing the boundaries of what has been done is. Without the cars listed on this thread, we would all suffer from "bland-itis". Looking at the number of posts of "WOW" that says it all.

Here's my engine bay:

Picture076.jpg

Mods you can see are - some boost hose for the gauge, an STI panel filter and a "Scoobymods" aluminium billet oil filler cap (courtesy of oor Teknopete - my first mod). Oh, and a Wax Wizard cleaning treament. No PPP, no remap, no decat, not even a strut brace in the engine. Just as Subaru intended it face-icon-small-blush.gifface-icon-small-shocked.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

See - I don't feel threatened by a list of obviously MEGA cars and specs, I will do some work to mine shortly, but there is no rush.

Well done to everyone who has listed their car spec on this thread - RESPECT!

Brian face-icon-small-smile.gif

And lest we forget, a picture of Swiggi's car (a while ago):

SWIGGINOREG.jpg

I have to agree with Brian.

I look at any scoob as a great car no matter if they are standard (although you do need to make the exhaust sound better!) or if they are as modded as Wilkys is going to be. Respect to everyone. I never intended to be too blunt but there is no need for secrecy at all (unless you are competing with andy f).

My car will never be great or perfect but i am proud to have done the work myself (and with the help of drb5, johnnyR6, playsatan and more) and produce the figures (only the torque mind you face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Stuart

I'm just in awe of any of you lot who do all these mods to the engine. I wouldnt even have a clue where to start.

For me, my car is about how it looks more than how it performs. Sure, the performance is handy when you need it but I get a lot of pleasure standing back looking at my car once it's all clean & polished.

I know that i'm probably in the minority, when i read all the folks in here who go for remaps, front-mounts etc but thats what keeps me happy.

Although - i have never "had a shot" of someone else's heavily-modified car, so perhaps if that was to happen i might be forced to make a wee appointment with Andy F!! Any takers?