H&S SS widemouth Downpipe 'Wrapped'

SS Centre decat pipe

SS Centre pipe

STi Backbox

Morette front lights

Want to do mods next year:

GTspec headers

Up-pipe

STi Intercooler (Gumballface-icon-small-wink.gif)

STi Scoop and undertray

APS Cold air feed

Walbro pump

New backbox

Remap by 'God'

<< you ordered it already chris? If so, when is it arriving? >>

not yet mate. i have another 2, maybe 3 max payments on the car until the shatty trade in price i get for the car that cost me £20k kinda balances out with what i owe the tick company.

a 30k MY06 is quite a lot without having neg equity to add on. i will order it in Q1.face-icon-small-happy.gif

<< Why the change of heart Wilky?

All i've heard from you is "It's a secret." Or "I'm not telling you."

>>

I have kept my running gear and engine secret for the past 6 months for one reason and one reason only.

In case it all fell through and after bumping my gums I looked like a fool. But it is all coming together nicely so Im prepared to talk about it now I have everything under the one roof.

In May my gearbox which was a very strange setup, died on me. I knew that Bill Greer was the man to speak to for an uprated box so I went to see him. We spoke and he asked me what I was looking for. I told him I wanted a 1/4 mile car, sprint car, and a good car for KH.

Bill spoke to his contacts and offered me a rebuild of my box and diffs. S/C syncro gearing going onto 4.4441 diffs, plated of course.

Top end would drop to @ 135 mph, but what a blast it would be getting there.

He also remembered me saying I wanted a stronger engine, and offered me a deal on a reconditioned 2 litre WRC bottom end along with the box and diffs. The crank would be gp A and not wrc which would be too light for road work. All oilways opened up, the bore of the cylinders lined at the top with Brass det rings, WRC heads, cams, the lot. I couldnt say no.

It took a long time to source all the right bits at the right price, but Greers did a fantastic job. I spoke to friends of mine, Stewart and Steve Whitson who are engineers and have modded manifolds etc in the past about reversing a manifold. Which they did, powdercoated it red, port matched it and increased the size of the plenum chamber by 1/3 and made me 20mm manifold spacers.

Bill and Colin put my engine and gearbox in the hole and started the upbuild of the 2 litre rocket. I had toyed with the idea of buying a Crawford stroker or a steel 2.5, but in the end decided that I would see how far I can go with a 2 litre.

The powersteering tank and header tank were remoted using a wrc combined one and all impotant hosing was replaced with goodridge hoses, and the subaru fuel filter was wowffed and replaced by an inline one.Fuelrails were -6 fitted and 740cc injectors fitted. The powersteering pump was also converted to marry up with the goodridge fittings.

Gumball donated his cusco catch tank, and after much research, Bill came up with a turbo solution. Even I dont know the spec!! But I do know that if you want one, Bill can get you one. Its a garrett hybrid, and on the turbo spec below this turbo the test car made 447bhp on optimax. I stayed with the internal wastegate because Im not Donald Trump and simply couldnt afford to go further with the turbo, maybe later.

ECU wise, the link which I loved so much had reached the end of its time, and I now have an apexi power FC.

Headers are HKS unequal length.

Downpipe is my my hayward and Scott gp A number, sleeved to allow me turbo rotation.

Intercooler is a WRC 98 spec one, specially made once again sourced by Bill and his contact book.

The exhaust is the good old parlour pipework special I have had for a while now, if it restricts me then Im going to make another.

When the car is running I will let you know but atm I just want to hear it running and run her in over Xmas.

Here is a nice picture

PHOT0017.jpg

There now you all know. All I wanted to do was get it together before I broke the news.

Callum W

Wilky, may I suggest a sneeze guard/drool catcher for the engine when you're showing it off? A very very good spec indeed.

I'm playing in the little leagues power wise as everyone knows. But it keeps a smile on my face and gets me to work, round A roads, B roads and Knockhill nicely.

But next year it will lose some cats and gain some power face-icon-small-wink.gif