PSP

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jc, I've got one. I even posted on the forum using its web browser. Had mine for a while though as its a jap import. Picked up Toca 2 today but not played it yet. The other games I have are good though.

Watched the incredibles on it on a recent flight out to Copenhagen too!

Yup, I've had one since January (wife works for BA, so I got it in Hong Kong). It is the dogs danglies, I've only had Ridge Racer (which is now beginning to bore me), but have ordered CMR and Toca 2, along with the movie download kit. I'm desperate for Gran Turismo 4, but apparently it has been put back till March 06. If you haven't tried one yet, do so, it's like having a PS2 (and then some) in your hands.face-icon-small-cool.gif

Hi JC Scoob

Must admit to buying 2 of them this week and cant put them down, even the missus is hooked ont eh Driving games now.

Good graphics and music.

Supposed to be able to connect to the TV soon so it back to a bigger picture.

To play a 2 player you do need 2 consols and 2 games.

I would say you get about 5 hours continous play time from 1 battery charge

Cheers Dougie

A couple of my mates have got their hands on some imported PSP's. Had a go on ridge racer and the version of Need for Speed Underground they have brought out and they are fantastic. The graphics were much better than expected and game play is very fluid. Really am tempted to get a hold of one as most of the time when i am not cruising i am stuck on a bus travelling travelling the old Endinburgh to Glasgow Motivator route, so would really pass the time nicely.

Only draw back is that if i bought on that would be precious pennies away from car mods, tough choice!! face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Still think the graphics and speed of play on the PS2 are a notch above the PSP but that is to be expected!! Think i am going to wait up for the PS3 as it gives me time to spend more money on the car untill it is released, plus Grand Turismo 4 and Juiced on the PS2 are doing me fine at the moment!!! face-icon-small-wink.gif

I was a big fan of Juiced. Got the first version on the xbox that was never released due to the publisher going down the tubes. Played it until it got dull - when the only way to move up a class was modifying yank tanks that handled like the Titanic in a sea full of glaciers.

Moved onto NFSU2 in recent weeks and just about completed that. Just got an Impreza which is being tweaked to replace my 10 star Evo. Can't be winning races with a tool from the darkside you understand. Any game that has proper drifting down the side of a mountain gets a thumbs up from me.

For my PSP I have Ridge Racers (japanese), Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (US), Hot shots Golf (US, aka Everybody's golf in UK and JAP) and then the recent addition of TOCA 2 on Saturday there. Not a bad game amongst them I must admit. Impressed with TOCA2. Graphics aren't quite PS2 quality, but with a screen as small it doesn't matter. It also lets me race Aussie V8s round Bathurst and that is indeed a grand thing.

Roll on Gran Turismo Portable though.

Bought one the day they came out here also, what can I say......awesome! They totally live up to the hype. Play one and you'll want one! Have got ridge racer and toca 2, both really good games.

You're basically getting a mp3 player, portable dvd (umd is the format for the psp), jpeg viewer, web browser (via the wifi connection to a pc ) and games console all for £179.99! Also the screen is really good quality.

They will play films from either the memory card (memory stick duo) or via the UMD (universal media disk). You'll need a card reader for your pc to transfer data to/from the memory card. Games will also run from the memory card or UMD.

To be able to store films on the memory card you will need to buy a minimum of a 512kb card as the 32mb is only really big enough for saved games and a few mp3's / pictures. Best bet is to buy a 1gb card and you'll be able to fit a film or two on one card and still have some room for saved games, music ect. Also if you've got a sony mobile with memory stick duo card then you'll be able to put it in the psp and view them.

Iain

Had a shot of one my mate's PSP's this morning at work, and I have to say I'm impressed. Didn't think the game play would be up to much on such a small screen, but it was pretty good. Was just playing golf, but I was impressed with graphics and quality of the game in general I have to say.

Not sure if I'll buy one or not, but very impressive none-the-less.

Dave