Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking new cars IMHO :

Best off the Shelf UK Impreza - WR1

Best off the Shelf Impreza (globally) - JDM Spec C Ltd

Best new Impreza for sale - Type 25

Best impreza ever - mine face-icon-small-happy.gif

Depends what you want, WR1 is a great car and has the Subaru UK backup

Let me guess thread on SN? It's the norm over thereface-icon-small-disgusted.gif Never seen any posts doing that on here.

Don't know why people are so shocked by price, how much do they spend buying mods, remaps, exhausts, wheels(lots of sti's with ppf7's & they're not cheap) etc trying 2 get same power, & still don't get DCCD or warranty.

It's always the same bunch of usual suspects that hammer it on SN, Sad reallyface-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Gee

Am I the only person in the world who likes the WR1 colour?! I think they look cool, although it's an expensive paint job compared to the 'ordinary' STi.

Having said that, the guy that owns the one round my way never gives me a 2nd glance in my paupers chariot. It's still them & us with the new-age and classics...face-icon-small-wink.gif

I like the colour and I think they have got the styling just about right aswell.

The Type 25 is not going to be available for long. Becuase the MY05 Spec C is so good Litchfield arnt going to make it anymore. Iain said they only reason they started doing T25 was because they couldnt get the Spec C anymore.

But considering a MY05 JDM is only £26,995 (320bhp out of the gearbox) the WR1 does seem a tad expensive. Depeds on how much you want the warranty.

I am at Litchfields on Thursday looking at a MY05 JDM with a type 20 upgrade.

£29,500.00 360bhp. Does seem a better deal than the WR1.

I quite like WR1s myself...although I'm not a huge fan of the colour, black is my fave STI colour....I just think that after the P1, which was quite a big thing....3 door coupe, 277bhp (50bhp above Turbo2000) etc etc...it seems to me (not having a pop here) that the next ltd edition was not as big....they have taken an STI and given it some more power and DCCD and added 5-6k on top of an STI for the privelige...I think IMHO that Subaru could have made it more 'special' if they really tried....but I would never attack anyone for owning one...I appreciate all Imprezas and respect the owners decision for buying the car they have....some may think I am crazy for spending 20k on a P1 in Jan, when another 5k would have got me a brand new STI...but my dream was always to own a P1....so fair play to the WR1 owners who have fulfilled their dreams to own a WR1!! face-icon-small-happy.gif

I think it echos what Matt has said...the WR1 was the 'top' Scooby, had all the hype, and all the $$$ added to it, but when it came to the crunch, there could have been a lot more car for the money. In the tests it did well, but was pipped by the P1 as the best UK Impreza in the Evo test.

Another aspect is the jealousey...not in a 'hate' way...but the same as the 22B...you know you would like to have one...even if not for the car...just to say you own or have owned one.

I personally don't care about the variant, if you are lucky enough to own one then you are blessed...enjoy what you have. I think a lot of the WR1 'bashing' that is seen is just people wanting the kudos that it has. People who say they would rather have this model or that model...go buy the one you want...and let the WR1 peeps enjoy thier cars.

face-icon-small-smile.gif