Why are WR1 owners always under attack?

WR1 is a great car but yeah, it did get pipped by both the Spec C and the type 25 in the Evo test a few months back, they thought is was just too expensive compared to the other two.

I saw my first WR1 out and about...there was one parked in my work car park. Very nice apart from the colour.....just horrible!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<< Why did you buy one rather than an STI PPP, what were the main reasons ? >>

I'm not a WR1 owner but as a STI owner, i'd say the DCCD, exclusivity, 18' wheels and lowered suspension as standard.

I believe we all have what we like and dislike about various types of cars. I won't go by what anybody says, as we are all different.

I love my big-a55ed car with the high rear-end spoiler, but this is not other people's cup of tea, i appreciate that, but i don't think they should impose their judgement upon mine.

If WR1 is your cup of tea and you can afford it, good for you, if anyone raises an eyebrow, say you are 1 of 500 that owns one and peeps should shove their feelings back down their guts. HARSH!!!!!

Thats what i'd say. face-icon-small-wink.gif

<< ......... exclusivity.............

I love my big-a55ed car with the high rear-end spoiler, but this is not other people's cup of tea, i appreciate that, but i don't think they should impose their judgement upon mine.

>>

Exclusivity is an interesting word, meaning they dont want the same as the rest of us common folk face-icon-small-wink.gif LOL.

Being told a WR1 is better because its more exclusive and has all these bits mine hasnt got, + more power, infers I drive an inferior car face-icon-small-happy.gif. Nobody like to be told these things LOL. face-icon-small-wink.gif

Like I said I like the WR1 and its the ultimate new UK Impreza, not overly keen on the colour but thats down to personal choice.

I think, sometimes the mud throwing goes both ways though and a spot of bragging takes place, we are all guilty of that usually in the pub.face-icon-small-wink.gif

Being told you drive a dodgy grey import, is that bashing, LOL ?

Allen J you have reminded me of a story someone told me once about cars and their colour etc......a guy I know is friends with this guy who races Ferrari's, he also owns a few road going versions to.....one of them being a 360 Stradale!! YUMMY!! face-icon-small-happy.gif....

Anyway...he had a purply / pinky coloured one, which was not to everyones liking (F355 I think?), purists didnt like it cos it wasnt red!!, he pulled up in it and some people came over and said "eeerrrrrrr look at that, what a nasty colour.....why did you buy a Ferrari in that colour for?....." to which he replied....(with a cocky grin) "so what colour is your Ferrari then?...".....at which point they shut up and bu**ered off...face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sorry...bit of a ramble really....I suppose the point is that most people that blast the WR1 really deep down wish they had one and are just trying to pick fault to justify why they dont have one?? Although there are also some fair pros and cons, which can be said for any Impreza variant.....face-icon-small-smile.gif

<< think, sometimes the mud throwing goes both ways though and a spot of bragging takes place, we are all guilty of that usually in the pub.

Being told you drive a dodgy grey import, is that bashing, LOL ?

>>

One thing I have tried very hard to do is not brag or get an elitist arrogance beacuse I drive a P1, although I do feel very priveliged to be able to say I own / have owned one...I am a lover of all things Impreza whether they were born in the UK or in Japan, but do have opinions (good and not so good) on certain models like most peeps do....face-icon-small-happy.gif

I think thats a good point Matt, this is my first impreza and I am absolutely over-joyed with it.

Impreza for me at this minute in time is the only car I want to own. I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford a WR1, Spec C, MY05 Sti T20 etc.. and the only question is which one to go for and everyone comes from a different perspective.

My mind is still not made up but there is no denying all three are brilliant cars.

And I saw a P1 last week along the M25, what fantastic styling it had.

How lucky we all areface-icon-small-happy.gif

Love the WR1, love the colour. Who cares what it costs we might all be dead tomorrow, I can't afford one but its gonna be my next carface-icon-small-happy.gif

Oh yeah I spent over £400 in fuel last monthface-icon-small-shocked.gif So I reckon if I'm that stupid to waste money then pay the extra if I Iike it.

I could by Lee Cooper jeans and not armani/stone island/Levi/ etc. etc. but I don't. same product different styling and brand, whatever. Its your money man ,ignore people slagging it off and enjoy it, thats all that matters in the end.

I think I'm rambling a little OT nowface-icon-small-blush.gif

<< Being told a WR1 is better because its more exclusive and has all these bits mine hasnt got, + more power, infers I drive an inferior car . Nobody like to be told these things LOL. >>

I hope my reply has not sent out the wrong message.

I was only stating the difference between an STI PPP and a WR1.

I'm not a WR1 owner and i drive a common impreza, WR Blue and gold wheels and i love it face-icon-small-happy.gif

+ I don't see my car being inferior to a more powerful impreza as it serves it's purpose. It's a matter of choice. face-icon-small-smile.gif

<< [i hope my reply has not sent out the wrong message.

I was only stating the difference between an STI PPP and a WR1.

I'm not a WR1 owner and i drive a common impreza, WR Blue and gold wheels and i love it face-icon-small-happy.gif

+ I don't see my car being inferior to a more powerful impreza as it serves it's purpose. It's a matter of choice. face-icon-small-smile.gif >>

Not at all I expected that answer and its 100% true, IMHO people have brought them as they wanted the best impreza and rarity, trouble is there are other versions available (both uk editions, jdms, cars like the type 20,25) and then selecting the best impreza ever is an all together different subject. There are pros and cons to each model. The WR1 has a lot of the goodies and full Subaru UK backup so I can fully understand why people choose them. You will never get a consensus on the best impreza ever though, for me the 22B was the model. They sold them as a rally rep and the 22B was the closest built like rally car.

If you are happy with your car then thats all that matters. I have had my mine from new for four years and people ask me, why dont you get a new one. I could but I have invested time, money and effort in this one and I still enjoy driving it.

I thought about a type 25 for the same reason, exclusivity and rarity, I think we are looking for individuality, how many standard imprezas do you see face-icon-small-wink.gif.