Fling Friday!

Plan for Friday is as usual top secret :)

Meeting point however is, drum roll please...... Crieff Visitor Centre - good big car park and restaraunt for a bite to eat before departure http://www.crieff.co.uk/#

I would suggest meeting up at 11am for an early lunch and we WILL be departing at 12pm sharp

THERE IS NO VPOWER IN CRIEFF - there is a gulf filling station so either bring octane booster or fill up before you arrive, nearest vpower is at Balhaldie Services just before you leave the A9 for Crieff

Approximate mileage for the day is 155 miles and theres no vpower til we hit Inverness though there will be petrol stations

Dunno any of the snizzle you're on about Paul - might have to look at a map soon lol!

lol matty. could meet you in town down at ocean terminal and head along to southqueens ferry where we have the edinburgh meets when they happen and to the shell garage is before wed cross the forth bridge to go up perth way etc. or jump straight on bypass and go that way.

dunno if folk from glasgow ,lanark etc are meeting at forthbridge edin side and making their way up.

Reckon we'll drive up to burgh for Friday afternoon then head to Ullapool on Saturday afternoon - anyone traveling up on the Saturday from the burgh area? How long does it take to get to Ullapool?

Matty

6 hours Matty, more in that diesel POS ;)

Lived in Inverness for 3 years and seemed to spend half my life on the A9! Worked in Beechwood Business Park next door to Friday's Premier Inn. I would allow a good 3 hours from the Forth Bridge to Inverness on a Saturday, if not more. Like Dave says, 50mph for much of the way and only about a quarter of the road is dualled north of Perth. Be ready to curse caravans and Tesco lorries. Probably another 1.5 hours on to Ullapool.

Most pensioners out for a day trip turn off at Bruar and A9 should be a bit better after that.

Oh, and watch out for the kamikaze overtaking on the A9, and Northern Constabulary's (or what ever they are called now) camera vans! Welcome to Scotland :Scottish-flag:

4 hrs - spot on, thanks chap :)

booked a few s****y eateries and taking my golf clubs, so it's going to be a slow trek upto ullapool :) that and lots of ohhhh ahhhhh, look at the hills!!! :English-flag: :English-flag: :English-flag:

Ullapools got a course too Matty ;-)