Mad Scoobies At Boyndie

I've heard back from the Aberdeen & District Motorsports Club and they "would be delighted to have SIDC attend their Boyndie events".

The only issue they have is limited space so i'm posting this to see what sort of interest there is in attending a day of Sprint Racing and parking your car up on the club stand. Once i have an idea of numbers i'll sort things out from there.

What i proposed was a stand like we have at Keith - Club Flags, banners and a Gazebo, all of these will be up here soon for the 3 areas in the north to use when needed and located centrally in Moray with ScoUK.

The dates we have for Boyndie this year are 6th-7th July and 21st-22nd September (sat & sun).

What i was thinking of was if we could get enough interest we'd have a nice spread of the models at each event.

For those that don't know Boyndie is part of the Scottish Sprint and Hillclimb Championship - the 6th july is also part of the Scottish Speed Championship. http://www.admc.org.uk/boyndie_sprint.html

So what i need for now is a list of those interested and what model car you have (classic, blob, hawk, etc) and what day/s you could or would like to attend. From there due to the limited space available (i'm still waiting to see what 'limited' means) i'll manage the list and sort things out from there. If we get lots of interest i'll spread the joy to give everyone a chance of going to a day.

So put your details below if you fancy going.

1. Davey l wrx - Hawk STI - Any date

2. LynneNap - Blob WRX - Any Date i tell her she's going!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. ScoUK - Bug WRX - Any date hopefully

4. MonsterEnergy - Impreza Cosworth STi CS400 45/75 - Think I might make July, if work stop pissin aboot with my schedule

5. scottishtaffy - classic type ra - any date. someone keep me posted lol

jobs a good un :Wales-flag:

Edited by scottishtaffy

4. MonsterEnergy - Impreza Cosworth STi CS400 45/75 - Think I might make July, if work stop pissin aboot with my schedule

6. scooby222 - potentially any date :)

i will speak to bryan d too as think he would be up for this and ive just found out another friend of mine has bought a sti type r v6 on a w plate and it is mint. absolute gorgeous car and telling him to get to some meets as it would be well liked i think. its a stunner. jdm . he bought it up from the south coast a few months back. :Wales-flag:

6. scooby222 - potentially any date :)

7. Euan_r - classic - most probably july

Edited by euan_r

6. scooby222 - potentially any date

8. brum j - Hawk WRX SL - any date count me in.

Ok folks just an update for everyone on the list or those thinking about it.

As we are representing the club and using Club equipment for the days at Boyndie it is only open to paid up club members. This is because if something does go wrong and there's a problem, only paid up club members are covered by the clubs insurance and having non-members can cause issues with the insurers.

This will be the same for all the planned shows we have this year Boyndie, Keith, Buckie, etc.

Sorry this is not my decision it's club policy that has been pointed out to me today.

It's only £20 to join and you can easily make that money back in savings on servicing, parts, etc. So if you aren't a full member join up and come along otherwise i'm afraid i'll have to bypass your names when i do the planning closer to the dates.

Folks, just a reminder that due to the restrictions of our Insurance Policy with MSA that only full paid up club members are allowed on SIDC stands I'm afraid. So if you are a non member and would like to attend then please join before this event :occasion14:

Cheers

Gus

Update: I see you beat me to it Dave :D

6. scooby222 - potentially any date

8. brum j - Hawk WRX SL - any date count me in. Members only for insurance purposes!

9. CABB32 - Hawk WRX SL Wagon - July dates

Ok folks just an update for everyone on the list or those thinking about it.

As we are representing the club and using Club equipment for the days at Boyndie it is only open to paid up club members. This is because if something does go wrong and there's a problem, only paid up club members are covered by the clubs insurance and having non-members can cause issues with the insurers.

This will be the same for all the planned shows we have this year Boyndie, Keith, Buckie, etc.

Sorry this is not my decision it's club policy that has been pointed out to me today.

It's only £20 to join and you can easily make that money back in savings on servicing, parts, etc. So if you aren't a full member join up and come along otherwise i'm afraid i'll have to bypass your names when i do the planning closer to the dates.

count me in any dates i am now a member cheers.