Mad Scoobies At Boyndie

Yeah wa a good day yesterday! Will try sort through photos in the next day or so but ScoobyDoom has some cracker there! I'm sure the bug wasn't reflecting that much on the day! :o

Not a huge amount of general public footfall, but had a few lengthy chats with competitors who came over for a blether to see what the club was all about! Friendly bunch and achieved what we set-out to do at this event which was increase awareness of the club :thumbup:

Good to see newcomer Mike (Cabb32) along yesterday! Liking that SL Wagon :wub: Hope you can keep and eye on the forums for future events, particularly Highland Fling next year if you can make it! (I 'may' be forced to miss next years event unless the date changes :( )

To be fair we could probably of had up to 6 cars without being told off too much I reckon :) Certainly 4 or 5. But can be a long-ish day if the weather isn't so good. But was fantastic weather yesterday B) Bit too much wind meant we didn't put he sides on the gazebo!

That on a day like yesterday, the boyndie track could be a good candidate for a SIDC event sometime in the future perhaps tie in with other major clubs (Mitsu/Ford) and get a fun day out for all on track. Maybe even friendly kart race during the day between clubs? (thinking out loud again.. bad move!) Will have to investigate prices sometime then see about feasibility.

Good Luck for today guys!!

Edited by ScoUK
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day today Al. Got over 1000 pics to go through and filter out the dross before photo-bucket starts to do it's job.

Good weather again today and good to see some new members turning up for events as well on both days.

I had a chat with Ian who I arranged it all with and he seemed more than happy for us to attend again, i'll contact him later and thank him for the invite, etc. Had a few guys over for a chat, mainly older dudes wondering why the belts went all the way across the engine and not up and down. A quick lesson on the flat 4 later and all was understood, I think.

Took till the last for of the day for us to get a spinner right in front of us got some nice of pictures of the whole sequence. It was a bit disappointing for there to be no scoobs taking part, some of the Evo's looked ok, especially the Tommi Makkinen.

Looking forward to the next one, hopefully it'll rain so we can see more action of the spinning kind!

Well I've got the pics onto the machine and loaded a few up to the bucket. So here's a few for starters....

Boyndie973_zps9d80e2f9.jpg

Boyndie885_zpse13c63cb.jpg

Boyndie861_zpsaa8e0aa1.jpg

Boyndie530_zpsef2cc19b.jpg

Boyndie470_zps96aa4e57.jpg

In F1 you get tyre warmers.... In Scottish Spring & hillclimb you get Clingfilm. Though it would appear that not all the teams had the funding for this luxury!

Boyndie360_zps616d183d.jpg

I'll see about up loading some more later/tomorrow!

had a magic day the weather was great though im feeling it now burning arms,neck and face. tip for next time take sun lotion lol.great company with davey and taffy made me feel really welcome to the club. there was a good selection of cars at the event could of done with some scoobys to go with the evos. thats some good pics you,s have put on scooby doom and davey.ill get some of mine up soon