Highland Fling '13 Banter Thread....

think positive taffy and get on at the guy to get his finger out , you dont want no last minute jobs and then something crops up . better to get it sooner and see if alls running smoothly and giving time to fix it

aye that my thought too. i really dont want to miss this one and am also needing car back on the road too. if i nae been a tight arse and just bought another gearbox and diff it would have been back on the road by now. but at least this way it keeps ra gearbox :Wales-flag:

I should b hame on Thursday Alun if you need a hand mate also ma mate still got his box and diff for back up think I can get a shot to get you by and gives him a selling point that it is in good working order till your box is done if it comes to that eather way you shall b thare jist rember my turbo that's cutting it fine all prob b in the yard fan am hame but jist work Tay five if you need a hand or some 1to take the mic out of haha

car was in at badbaz's yesterday getting the rear strut looked at for knocking to get them regreased for the fling as coupdnt handle 3days of knocking.

after getting the back seats unbolted and out the car up on the ramp. turns out its the rear anti roll bar bush. to show my lack of mechanical knowledge when barry points out the give in the bush and says "thats what will be causin ur knock".

my daft reply - " whats that ??? the drop link?" lol. hence i dont touch much on the car pmsl.

was good getting a look around the motor and barry explaining some stuff to me and seeing how to take the seats out etc.

he fitted my replacement window switches so they all work fine and i spoke to him about a shudder with the breaks. which he showed me what caused it and explained he reason behind it aswel.

upon leaving baz's im now looking forward to going back in next week to get alloys changed for a better set of the same style, new break disks, new pads, new anti roll bush that i picked up from nobles in penicuik. and hoping all goes well and car should be sorted for the fling next fri with the exception of a good clean inside and out.

also showed me how to change the bush and how easy it was which is something i wouldnt have thot about doing myself . but once showed me i now know how easy it is and would happily tackle it now i know what to do.

i know.some of you probably reading that and going its just an anti roll bar bush its something simple could do it with eyes shut. but when you dont hwve much confidence around the motor to work on it .its a big suprise as to how easy it actualy looks and seems .now that i know how and where it is and how to do it.

so will be keeping a close eye as hes doing the breaks etc . always keen to learn . just have as much cnfidence as a pensioners floppy ..... when it comes to task if theres not an experienced person there to keep me right.

cheers for the work yesterday baz and look forward to next week and the fling !

Edited by thebigfelly
  • Upvote 1

Paul, avoid all those annoying knocking noises, get a loud exhaust !!!!

Glad you got all your bits sorted :-)

not sorted yet but will.be next week.cant wait. tho the bank card is already melting haha. could do with a louder exhaust .just all standard apart fi ninja 2 back box. could do with a decatted centre section to make it a wee bit louder.

not sorted yet but will.be next week.cant wait. tho the bank card is already melting haha. could do with a louder exhaust .just all standard apart fi ninja 2 back box. could do with a decatted centre section to make it a wee bit louder.

Mine just melted mate. New front 4 pot calipers, EBC Redstuff allround, fitting kits, new sidelights, Japspeed Clothing, octane booster, full service and my sidc membership. Timing belt kit and bodywork to come.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Mine just melted mate. New front 4 pot calipers, EBC Redstuff allround, fitting kits, new sidelights, Japspeed Clothing, octane booster, full service and my sidc membership. Timing belt kit and bodywork to come.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

should have just got a blobeye gordon... smiley face emoticon

Got hame fay Invergorden was jist out side Nairn and think we r sorted 2 shell tankers passed me heading to Inverness happy days lol still got 2 bottles o octane booster as well just for back up lol

if there is still around 30 cars then i think we will need more than 2 tankers bry. :rotfl: thanks for the help the day loon. hopefully with some luck have 'the plow' sitting on the tarmac again the morn and get away for a test run somewhere

for those of us not been before , quick questions

1- running standard motor with filling up on vpower in crief and inverness, will there be any need to bring additional fuel in boot just incase or octane booster?

2- any recomendations on stuff to take? munchies e.g for stop/breaks , some tools , adult nappys incase we get stranded , lube incase break down in middle of nowhere :smiley-taunt014:

3- plenty of cash incase somewhere doesnt have a card reader?

anything else other than myself,the wife, the car and change of clothes? you know like the random wee things that might come in handy , or you thought oh if only i brought that last year , or something you thought that came in handy glad i brought that

:Scottish-flag:

LOL! Been reading some translation books - let's see how good ye Scottish is lads hahaha!

"Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye."

huv ti agree wi gorodon , a dinae evin ken wot yir oan aboot, soonds like yer tryin ti be a bit like that gadgey fi oz land aN chuck sum face paint oan yer puss an slaver a load eh p!$$ in sum daft lingo ,

I think dear chap , one should articulate a conversation in ones native tougne as to better understand and communicate with his brethern north of the border,especialy when sitting in an inn keepers fine establishment enjoying a fine cup of tea and crumpets pinky up ofcourse and watching a fine fine fine game of rugga on the television. :icon_joker::Scottish-flag::smiley-taunt014: :smiley-taunt014: :smiley-taunt014:

No fuel container unless you plan on sticking with the 'progressive' group. I've done it in a standard blob and tuned Hawk and never needed to carry extra fuel. Doing about 160 miles a day you should be fine.

The guys who carry jerry cans everywhere burn more fuel carrying the extra weight than anything else! :icon_joker:

youl be fine Paul, youl get 98 ron in ullapool so unless your really paranoid dont even need octane booster :)

if you have a spare full size wheel might be worth sticking it in, power leads for in car charging and one of those big foam fingers for pointing at Matty when it starts snowing :smiley-taunt014: