Posts removed?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:chairfall:

Found it Gus - I agree, Burger King is too posh, best keeping it to Mcds for us chavs - or we could go mental and meet at KFC (you know the one? next to McDs and Burger King?)

Away to start a thread on DGScoobs about the price of Cathedral City......

Hi

just logged onto site after a little time away and read this post , i myself does not see what all the fuss is about , most off the sites i use have links to each others web sites and when the guys and girls go out at the weekend they help each other out at each others meetings , there is no bitching about my club is better than your club , so come on guys and girls you are supposed to be united by the love of subarus , deleting his post about ss.net was wrong in my eyes and the subaru world does not evolve around sidc , scottish scoobies is a good site and has alot of members so why dont you just get one stand at knockhill and have both banners up and make it a collective meet instead of competeing against each other

Christ, I don't come on here for one night and I miss all the excitement!

My views for what they are worth are that if the guys on here are trying to organise a stand at the event, drum up interest etc, I think it is wrong to suggest that we all go along and support another club's stand. It it is decided that there will be no SIDC stand at the event, then yes, post a link to the .net thread about their stand to make everyone aware that option is there. Afterall, we all have the same interest, Subaru's, and I see no reason why there shouldn't be more than a litte crossover between the various clubs, be it with .net, ayrshirescoobs, dgscoobs etc etc.

As for the whole .net thing, they toys have been out the pram on both sides. There was a particular thread a while ago on .net, which I ended up posting on, that did hurl a fair bit of abuse to this place. It is however always only a small minority on both sides who get upset and, I thought they toys have been long tidied away!

Personally, I don't think the new .net forum when started, should have used the Scottish Scoobies name which was already established for this place.

I browse on .net as well as on here, Scoobynet, AyrshireScoobs etc. Life is too short and for any threads or posts written with any malice on any forum, regardless where they are directed, I now just read and move on. :icon_hang:

I do find this place a bit last minute sometimes, and the whole BTCC stand thing is a prime example. The chance to have a stand at arguably Scotlands biggest motorsport event should perhaps have been posted up a long time ago to gauge members interest.

I still enjoy ownership even though it is just second car now, I like the runs and 'pressing on', but never feel I am forced to drive out with my limits, and enjoy attending events to meet fellow owners. Afterall that is why we are all here is it not? :wacko:

Finally, I always find the surface of KFC carparks better for wheelspinning and donuts! :P:icon_flower:

Edited by JamesM

sorry was busy trying to fit my chrome 20" spinners over the AP's.......

totally and utterly agree with James post above, any comments i made were directed at the whole them and us debate coming up again not any individual,its all been covered before on both sides so we really do need to let it go and try and have a sense of humour.

the only thing i objected to was the feeling that the event that i spend a lot of time and effort organising and so many people enjoy was being classified as a boy racers burn up. I like to think that i set a reasonably nifty pace suitable for public roads and make sure that no one feels they have to keep up by driving beyond their limits.

Al can you make the neons flash in time to my choons? if so im in :icon_joker:

Barry, was thinking that we'd start at mcd's, then move to kfc then burger king and if we do it in inverness we could finish up in pets at home car park, sure ive seen other subaru's there late at night.....

Hi Scooby222,

Having read the thread thru a couple of times, I fail to see your accusation that any event you organised was a "Boy Racers Burn Up"...

What I actually said - I overheard a Commitee Member refer to SS.net members as 'Boy Racers' at an Event @'Knockhill...

I never meant to cause offence, but I feel I must remind you; this thread was started as a why Posts were being removed (seems there was a few people who had something to say)...

Steve

Stevie i one hundred per cent back you that if your thread was deliberately removed its wrong and a, it shouldnt have b, you shouldve have been told and explained why

I have NEVER heard or seen a thread on ss.net having Harsh things to say about SIDC, but have overheard SIDC members saying that the ss.net is for... & I quote "Boy Racers"...

Have U seen the ages of the members there? I'm 43 FFS (Boy Racer)!?!?!?

I witnessed the start of the Highland Fling & ss.net aint got a patch on those Guys....

last line is the one im talking about

Kev you cheeky b****er :chairfall:

The last line in NO WAY says you are "Boy Racers", infact me &'my boy had a blast following from Stirling Services to Doune, where I turned off & went to see Andy @ RA...

I mearly suggested the SS.net runs I've been on are sedate...

Appologies for any confusion...

Steve

LOL at this thread read the first 2 post a couple of days ago and pushed the back button.

The Highland fling organised by Scooby 222 was superb in every way. The pace may have not be SEDATE but it's up to each person how fast they wish to go. I at no point heard anybody complain they were pushed to fast. We had a good weekend and there were no accidents or injurys although the odd stupid lockout of car but everybody enjoyed themselves. :)

As for deleting posts.......... thats out of order it obviously happened but no need for it. I am also am member of both forums all be it have only ever attended SIDC events mainly due to having attended SIDC events before ss.net existed and knowing various people :icon_salut:

It is pity I can't get into ss.net as i need a new password and I can't get the random password question answer correct. Can anybody help?

What country does this website claim to be an owners club for?

What country does this website claim to be an owners club for?

I'd say UK, although there's folk all over the world posting on here..

I'm scottish through and through, but prefer being involved more with a club covering a wider range rather than a more locallised one.. But I do visit local ones from time to time just to see what's going on.. TBH I often spend a bit of time on the US and AUS sites because they are far more willing to get their hands dirty with their cars which suits me.. Whereas here there's more eagerness just to hand over the car to a garage to get work done.. In that sense, scoobynet is WAY better than SIDC for technical stuff. But It's getting better here..

BTW - Just to clear something up for me.. The ss.net post that was deleted, was it a new thread (like the one re-posted) or was it a reply in the original BTCC thread?

WTF indeed... :wacko:

I'd see it as UK.. the main club website is sidc.co.uk, The club is registered in the UK The forums are broken down into UK regions.. And the club has strong ties with the UK dealer network and racing circuits.. As opposed to being constrained to scotland, wales, ireland, europe, planet earth etc..

WTF indeed... :wacko:

I'd see it as UK.. the main club website is sidc.co.uk, The club is registered in the UK The forums are broken down into UK regions.. And the club has strong ties with the UK dealer network and racing circuits.. As opposed to being constrained to scotland, wales, ireland, europe, planet earth etc..

This is for ss.net. Based in Scotland only would have thought it was a no brainer