Posts removed?

Once again on here somebody mentions .net and the post and my reply are removed!!

What were the reasons?

Why not at least send a pm to explain it?

I thought this place was trying to improve but once again pettiness strikes again!

I enquired about possibly attending the, if not one of the biggest car days at knockhill as a club. I find out that the idea hadnt been discussed on here. Another " paid up " member on here points me in the direction of another group who are going and it gets removed!!!!

Rant over!! Goodnight!!

Lets see how long this post last!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Paul may be on about the BTTC (I.e. BTCC) thread where there was discussiona bout gettign a stand at Knockhill..

havent spotted any posts mussing but from what was metnioend above I guess someone suggested tagging along with teh .net group with their stand..

If this was the case, I can just about see the point of removing the posts if SIDC are infact getting a stand there..

Edited by ScoUK

It was ME that posted up that ss.net had already got a stand organised & the post has been removed... Got yer pm Paul on ss.net

Q: why was my post removed???

Q: who removed my post???

Ive paid MY £20 to join SIDC, yet ss.net is FREE to join - I'm a member of BOTH clubs & have been on events/meets organised by each site...

I have both clubs stickers on my car (is that somewhat disrespectful to the SIDC)???

PaulSTi, BobbyC, T-Cut Tam, GumBall to name a few use both sites (& perhaps others)... Maybe, I'm getting picked on...

I'll post again & see what happens this time...

Q: why was my post removed???

I would imagine because of the reason I mentioned above... there was discussionm about an SIDC stand beign put in place there, so advertising that people should get involved with another clubs stand when there was an SIDC one in the works seems inappropriate... IMHO that would have been the reason.. And as a fellow paid up member I would say the course of action was justified. Any club should concentrate on advertsiing it's own services before promoting others. You dont see Apple advertising the samsung galaxy tab anywhere ;).. But I agree, reasons for deletion should be given to members affected via PM's to avoid threads like this..

AFAIK there is no issue at all with being a member of more than one club.. It's a free world and many people are members of many clubs.. Myself included...

Edited by ScoUK

It was Paul555Sti that brought the attention to this Event 15th August & as of Yesterday, only Paul had his name down to attend...

There has been NO DISCUSSION about advertisers being contacted (there is only 1 member so far Interested in going) !!!

We had a great day @ the Falkirk Wheel with SIDC, SS.Net, Ayrshire Scoobs etc etc, so why can we not promote Scooby Ownership thru' ALL Forums???

Can it only ever be done thru' the SIDC ???

Rant Over :icon_salut:

I agree.. The falkirk event is great.. But it is a all group event.. at knockill there are seperate stands.. and each club should promote their own stand and let peopel decide which one to attend. Advertisng another stand on a club website which is already has plans to have a stand at the same event doesn't help.. the event is still two weeks away so plenty of time for peoepl to decide.. I was considering going but I but dunno now.. The mentioning of another club stand int he middle of the thread is what put me off.. I'm here on SIDC wanting to see SIDC stuff.. if I want to see what ss.net, scoobynet, pistonheads or any other club is up to I will go there to see what's going on I know where to find them..

To take a bit of advice from the falkirk meet you mentioned, why not as fellow subaru owners we join together with Knockhill and get a scooby zone set-up where all the subaru clubs get together and make one large area of it!!

TBH it's petty shit like this between the smaller localised clubs that makes me really fed up with the whole scooby scene these days!

Rant over.... :icon_joker:

. o O (Maybe if I swear enough this thread will get deleted :whistle:)

Edited by ScoUK

I read the BTCC post last night & checked my rota today at work, logged on tonight only to find the post has been removed, I am a member of SIDC, type ra.co.uk, ss.net & scoobynet, I attend more events with SIDC than the others but must admit for a club that was in serious decline last year some of you need to drop the attitude, I have always been made feel welcome when I have met up with the members of the other clubs at events, at the end of the day we are all interested in the same thing Subaru's

+1 agree with Bobby ( as a NEW owner of a Scoob - less than 6 months ), I assumed Everyone loved Everyone, but ScoUK has deffinately changed my mind on that score...

I dont have the RULE BOOK in front of me, but I didn't realise I couldnt mention 'other' clubs in threads...

I PAY to be in the SIDC - the others my friend are FREE !!!

(smaller, localised clubs)!!! I think U should wake up & smell the Coffee...

It was Robert & the other Scottish Guys that rescued the SIDC from the decline it was in & its thanks to them that SIDC are still running...

2nd Rant of the night - FFS, I need a Budweiser :occasion14:

:getmecoat:

Sorry, you asked what the reason was for hte post deletion and I gave what I thought woudl have been the answer.. Was I wrong?

Maybe youd picking my messages up wrong.. I've been on several clubs forums alwayhs offering help.. I dont knock any other club (I may have slightly here) but it wasn't intended as harmful.. My point is SIDC has always been a national UK club of fellow SUbaru Impreza Enthusiasts.. And everythign was happy.. Ever since other clubs/forums ahve been popping up in recent years, many have done so claiming they are a better place than SIDC.. I don't necessarily have an issuie with this.. As I mentioned I often go onto other sites and give help and advise of topics I can help with.. But this constant bashing between sidc and ss.net does my head in.. Doesn't seem to happen so much with other clubs/forums.. There's a friendly banter between sidc and scoobynet but with ss.net it's much harsher. I don't know why that is, as mentioned above we're all enthusiasts for the same thing..

BTW - I was right in the middle of SIDC despereatey holding it together while Robert et.al. managed to get a game plan together to move things forward! I was the ONLY person communicating between the previous commitee and the new one! I understand the importance of keeping things together and I'd like to think the peopel involved were very successful!

+2 for bobbyc's post

need sleep..

ZZZZzzzzz.....

Edited by ScoUK

+ 1 for Terzo

Neil, I thought the rumors were UN-TRUE about the rivalary - (I know there were some eyebrows raised when I was on the SIDC stand @ Knockhill with both an SIDC sticker on my car & a SS.NET one), but Gus, BobbyC, T-Cut Tam, GumBall, Paul555STi & others have been great...

Ive seen this so many times over the years in different CLUBS - theres always 1 club that thinks they are better somehow than the others - I hope this is NOT the case with the SIDC...

4 people cant wrong mate...

I didn't say anyone was wrong... I dislike post removals as much as every one else.. And I agree with everythign that's been said regarding the action should be given a reason..

I didn't remove the posts.. i simply suggested a reason as to why they may have been removed.. (Which in hindsight has opened a can of worms)

Shoudl have just kept my mouth shut and let a moderator reply... Oh well... next time :shutup:

Edited by ScoUK

& I Quote:-

"There's a friendly banter between sidc and scoobynet but with ss.net it's much harsher"...

I have NEVER heard or seen a thread on ss.net having Harsh things to say about SIDC, but have overheard SIDC members saying that the ss.net is for... & I quote "Boy Racers"...

Have U seen the ages of the members there? I'm 43 FFS (Boy Racer)!?!?!?

I witnessed the start of the Highland Fling & ss.net aint got a patch on those Guys....

For fear of being thrown off the Site & Sin-Dyed, I think I'll call it a night too...

For fear of being thrown off the Site & Sin-Dyed, I think I'll call it a night too...

Eh............. I dont think that will be happening Steve and I'll be asking a few questions within the committee as to who has been deleting posts without any pm to the original poster as to why.

Gus :icon_salut:

oh ffs not this one again - dont know what happened to your post Stevie but do consider that it could be a genuine mistake/failing of server, apparently the comitee are only human - who'd have guessed to look at them..... ;)

as to which clubs better, as long as we all enjoy scoobs, drive responsibly and have fun who cares? yes i take the piss out of .net from time to time, same as i take the piss out of ford forums, evo forums, honda forums and all the other forums im on - lets keep a sense of humour folks,after all i dont see people jumping to defend mitsi's honour.....

and as for an area for all impreza clubs to join together, keep your ears to the ground people ;)

I dont deny those comments exist.. And I agree there are often posts on here complaining about the bashign of ss.net members. And I admit I havent seen any posts on ss.net bashign SIDC directly, however I have seen posts on other club forums bashing SIDC. I know people on ss.net and I know peopel here I know peopel on both.. and I know peopel from other forums, I get on with anyone that has a similar interest in the cars.. I don't have any greivences with ss.net, the guy that runs the site lives just a couple miles up the road from me!

My comments above should be seen as my own general comments about any other club who were to try and promote their own events over the top of SIDC events on the SIDC site. ss.net was mentioned before my reply.. It coudl quite easily have been any other club/forum.. If say pistonheads posted on the thread where the club was tryign to organise an standa at Knockhill and then posted up saying go over to piston heads to look at hte stand they have organised I woudl have the same view.. I think it woudl be in appropriate for another club/forum to cut in on a thread for a club organising it's own stand at an event.. e.g., Shoudl tesco be allowed to advertise it's own similar products at the front door of ASDA? Is that wrong? SHould all clubs be allowed to promote their own overlapping events on other club websites? I wouldn't be happy about that.. If clubs are promoting non-conflicting events which may be of interest to fellow subaru enthusiasts that may be different.

These views are my own and I am in no way any representative of SIDC.. I'll know doubt get flamed by the management for my views but never mind... :icon_hang:

P.s. I doubt you'll get thrown off the site or whatever.. This thread may be deleted or locked but that's about it.. Do you reckon we'd get a PM to explain why :rotfl:

Edited by ScoUK

Cheers Gus,

I feel like a complete DICK... (a new guy causing offence), buts things need to be said .& hopefully changed within the SIDC (I know people don't like change), but like Death, it's Inevitable & one can't stop it...

Q: why when reading above thread, have some people's threads been edited & others havn't???

& I Quote:-

"There's a friendly banter between sidc and scoobynet but with ss.net it's much harsher"...

I have NEVER heard or seen a thread on ss.net having Harsh things to say about SIDC, but have overheard SIDC members saying that the ss.net is for... & I quote "Boy Racers"...

Have U seen the ages of the members there? I'm 43 FFS (Boy Racer)!?!?!?

I witnessed the start of the Highland Fling & ss.net aint got a patch on those Guys....

erm would you care to qualify that statement Stevie? because that comes across as a pretty personal stone thrown at me for no good reason....

Cheers Gus,

I feel like a complete DICK... (a new guy causing offence), buts things need to be said .& hopefully changed within the SIDC (I know people don't like change), but like Death, it's Inevitable & one can't stop it...

Q: why when reading above thread, have some people's threads been edited & others havn't???