LIVERPOOL & VICTORIA STUFFED ME AFTER 10Years

Well after nearly 11years of scooby ownership mostly insured with L&V insurance ;)

since 2002 ish L&V was happy to insure my last 3 scoobs, MY02UK Sti PPP, MY00 STi Type R coupe and my My06 Type 20 350bhp. said they would not insure my new 320R.

I did explain that it was a new UK Car and less powerful than my present JDM Type20 :rolleyes:

but he spoke to the under-writers and they said sorry we won't insure a 320R nor a 330S even the chap on the phone was Gob smacked that after this amount of time they wouldn't insure me for either

I thanked them very much for the past 10 years and cancelled my present insurance from the 10th July

Tony

I'm having difficulties in finding a competitive price for my renewal, so to hear that they're not insuring new vehicles is a little worrying!

Keep us updated on the search for someone who will cover you.

Kim,

Good job i started this week, i sincerly didn't expect the insurance to be an issue.

There doesn't seem to be any loyalty nowadays owned Scoobs for 11+ years they could have made an exception ;) even the Chap on the phone was shocked by the decission.

I also have a nice garage built now to house the little beauty and previously was on a driveway.

A Plan will insure me for £750 so cheaper than my Type20 insurance. I'm just ringing around a few now :D

Tony

Does anyone know if NCD really makes much fo a difference these days? I doubt it..

On the insurance front.. I'm a member of the IAM, and did the course specifically before I bought myself and impreza so I knew how to behave myself with such a powerful car.. Yet IAM's own insurance brokers wouldn't insure the Impreza even in standard form!! Tried gettign a quote from them for hte Ka a couple years ago and they would give me a quote for that either! Although just got DVLA to clear teh 3 points from my licence so maybe that'll make a difference..

As for excessive quotes.. My Brothers RB320 renewal recently came in a jumped near £200 to just over £900! He did some phonign around, suggested he tried the usal reccomendations on here A-Plan, Sky Insurance and Keith Michaels (Although he never did get to speak to anyone at Keith Michaels). In the end he tried Admiral who initially gave him a quote of just over £700 online! He later phoned them up and without really haggling they dropped the quote down to about £630!! That's a heck of a drop in price! No other company came close to that, most were askign over the £900 barrier.. I know admiral group arent too keen on too many modifications to a car but if you're running s standard vehicle admiral/elephant still seem to be the best :thumbup: (I'm with elephant for my Ford Ka at just over £200 :brickwall: and £550 for the scoob with Keith Michaels )

Edited by ScoUK

Yup, left LV= after a lifetime with them, now with Moley for my second year.

I tried a quote with Adelaide through IAM, but for several years they wouldn't touch any car whatsoever that had any kind of mod - really stupid as although I paid for my PPP as an upgrade, shortly afterwards Subaru UK were offering the WRX with PPP as a forecourt option.

I can say that LV= were excellent when I needed to claim for my previous WRX when written off by a #@#@ golfie years ago, but for what I was paying I should hope so too . . .

Have you tried Subaru UK's own insurance scheme?

Yup, left LV= after a lifetime with them, now with Moley for my second year.

I've got to ring Gary tomorrow :occasion14:;)

Have you tried Subaru UK's own insurance scheme?

Yes i have a temp policy so i can get my Private plate Swapped about £800 a year

But some cowboy policies out there and take the money knowing they'll have a few get out clauses somewhere in the paperwork :redcard:

Got my quote from Moley ;) a cracking deal @ £670 ish with all Mods declared :D not bad for a £36K car :thumb::thumb:

And Policy now in the Post, cracking service, happy days :P

I just need to drive the thing :driving:

Tony

Edited by T5NYW

Got my quote from Moley ;) a cracking deal @ £670 ish with all Mods declared :D not bad for a £36K car :thumb::thumb:

And Policy now in the Post, cracking service, happy days :P

I just need to drive the thing :driving:

Tony

Thats a good price Tony!!

When do you get the car?

I found innsurance to be insaine when I was getting quotes for a Type-R and P1. The Type-R was a few hundred less than a P1 <_< . In the end I went with Admiral , but they wanted the year paid up front.

Insurance companies should be controlled better by the gov as the prices are just plain extourinte.

I've just insured the RA today through RAC insurance. Managed to get a VERY good result (with all mods declared) of just over £300 (with a £300 excess) on 11 years NCD. :D

Going by all of the above, maybe they have made a mistake but I snapped it up there and then ;)

I'm paying just over £1100 for mine :icon_hang: