Goodbye Scooby, Hello "daddywagon"

Well, after a lot of deliberation, and the addition of 1 beautiful wee girl, I've had to sell my Scooby after 5 years of ownership. The only good point is that it's gone to a good home with Craig (Seafar 99).

Here is my old baby in all her glory -

42962466.jpg

I do 500 miles a week (minimum) so decided I needed economy, performance, an estate and wanted to keep 4wd. Initially I looked at the Legacy, but it was either power or economy, not both and I didn't want to look at Mitsubishi, so that left me one option - Audi.

Initially I looked at the RS4, but the fuelling would've killed me, then I looked at brand new, but at £40k, I thought it was well overinflated. I decided to go for the 3.0 TDI Quattro, as that has a mixture of power/economy and happily is a nice looking motor. The one thing I didn't realise when looking at Audi's is that it's all about the accessories. (When I bought the wife's STI hatch I din't know it had cruise control, 6 CD autochanger and MP3 connection, I was looking at the engine/brakes/suspension). So with this in mind I managed to pick up a 57 plate (reg'd 10 days before the 08 plates came out!!) A4 3.0TDI quattro S line avant, what a mouthfull!!

The spec was very tidy -

Lowered 20mm

18's

Adaptive Bi Zenon headlights

Bodykit

Front and Rear parking sensors

Interior light pack

Rain sensors

Black/Silver leather, both heated and electric ( a £3000 option)

Auto gearbox with tiptronic paddleshift

S4 big brake kit

BOSE SOUND SYSTEM

Cruise Control

DVD Sat/Nav

Bluetooth phone prep

Privacy Glass

There's a few more, but there's so much stuff I can't even remember it all!!

The seller admitted when I came to see her he had just washed her (for the second time since he bought her)

Since I got her 4 weeks ago, I've done a wee bit of modding -

RS4 Grill

RS4 rear anti roll bar

Lowered 55mm all round

ABT pedals

19 inch wheels I imported for California

I think for an Audi, it looks not too bad -

Audi291109005.jpg

Audi291109004.jpg

Audi291109003.jpg

Audi291109007.jpg

Audi291109011.jpg

Audi291109010.jpg

Audi291109001.jpg

Happily though, if I'm coming out to a meet I can always bring the wife's car-

Seafar99detail007.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Very nice mate. :)

I had this 1 for 6 weeks

010-7.jpg

009-8.jpg

011-7.jpg

014-5.jpg

013-6.jpg

012-7.jpg

audi001.jpg

It was a 2.0 TDI remapped to 205bhp/415lbft,with the Bose sounds system,xenons,multi function steering wheel,Cruise control,on board computer, duel cilmate contrtol,heated seats & Autovouge styling & handling pack(front &rear bumper extenions,sideskirts,rear tail gate spoiler, apex lowering springs, twin oval performance exhaust & 19"RS4 alloys)

Great car the audi and i'll have another 1 some day. :lol:

Then sold it to buy a hawkeye sti ppp as i just couldnt do without my scooby. :P

But i suppose your lucky that way as you say you can take the wife's scoob to the meets & have the best of both worlds. B)

Edited by wulsey

Nice choice Mike. Nearly bought the wife an A4 avant couple years back (nowhere near that long spec) but opted for a more affordable choice - bit of a soft spot for them for some reason and that's a crackin example you have there.

Normally two blacks cars is just asking for "keepin them looking good" trouble...but think man of your abilities on that front will do fine !!

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm really pleased overall (especially as the previous owner paid £40k for it 18 months ago and I got it for half that!!)

It's completely different to drive than the scoob as it delivers the power smoothly, rather than in an animal style!! Although the paddleshifters are great fun!!

Wulsey, that was a very tidy motor you had, I can see the pull back to scoobs though as Craig popped round the other week and just hearing that burble made me jealous!!

Ciaran, no worries re the plates as I'm an old dude with grey hair and don't seem to get the attention I used to, but do get your point mate!!

Colin (C WRX), the Audi is actually blue, it deep sea blue pearl and in the sunlight it's more like a medium blue, but when there's no bright sun (nearly all the time) it's more like midnight blue, I think 2 black cars would kill me!!!

Neil, I looked at the Volvo as well, but the Audi just pipped it!!

Colin (playsatan), not worked on the VW since Brooke was born in April, but I'be been stockpiling parts, so hopefully looking to start sneaking out in the New Year.

Again, thanks for all the comments guys, it really is a great car, just a shame it's not a scooby, but I'll still be hanging about the forum!!

I'm away on holiday over Christmas and New Year, so If I'm not back on, have a great time over the festive period!!!

All the Best

Mike

Edited by Mike M