Type R

Hello folks,

I had my car for sale but due to a random fault & not getting offered enough £££ for the car, I have ended up keeping it and it is now my wee project.

I aim to compete in this car, possible doing a round of time attack and plenty track days to build on my confidence and driving skills.

This project may take some time but I will do my best to have it ready for next year. I'll update this when I have made any progress.

Here's a few pics of the car this week...

Picture003-11.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture006-8.jpg

I started removing the sound deadening and so far I have removed it from the rear seat area and a bit from the boot. Its a **** of a job but i'll just keep at it when I get the chance. Forgot to take a pic of that progress though.

I also found what I think is a tracker, I knew one was fitted but couldnt believe the size of it!?! How the hell can theifs not find this...

Picture002-10.jpg

Picture010-4.jpg

Here are my oz lightweight alloys that some nice R888's will be keeping warm...

Picture011-3.jpg

Picture012-4.jpg

Cheers

Rich

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good going mate, keep the pics coming!! ;)

Also whats that your putting on the wheels....is it good??

Jase

Poorboys wheel sealant, a good layer of wax type stuff and it makes it a lot easier to clean the grime off the alloys, also protects the laquer.

I will be stripping the car as much as possible to get the weight down as much as i can. Rollcage and buckets will come when funds will allow ;)

Rich

I will be stripping the car as much as possible to get the weight down as much as i can. Rollcage and buckets will come when funds will allow B)

Rich

Where you get that idea? ;);):(:lol::lol:

Bought a few more bits for the RB5 so it will be staying for definate. Also need to get myself a runabout so I can take the car off the road and dismantle it and fit all the goodies ready for our little dual at knockhill next year ;)

cage:

Most usuful thing i can say about the cage is spend the money now, rather than fitting something like a dash dodger, then more later doing it right. Do it right first time ;)

Whats the plans for the engine...

whats a dash dodger?

I'm thinking about a cage and one has come up that doesn't require cutting the dash - is that what you mean? The guy sais its not FIA approved, but is fine if not doing competitions etc. Looking at the design it doesn't look like it would be very effective for stiffening since it bolts on the footwells rather than the dash.

Cheers, Chris.

cage:

Most usuful thing i can say about the cage is spend the money now, rather than fitting something like a dash dodger, then more later doing it right. Do it right first time ;)

Whats the plans for the engine...

I'm going for a weld in (preferably an FIA approved) cage, just havnt decided who to buy from or who to fit it yet.

I'll be leaving the engine as it is just now, but I'll have to do something with the oil sump.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Cullenmin