Type R

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress last weekend due to the weather putting me off removing more sound deadening.

I have received delivery of a T45 steel cage from custom cages so that will be getting fitted at AWD later on this year.

I bought the fog cover with duct from Carl Davey and plan to modify the inside of my bumper to supply cold air to the oil cooler that is hidden down in that region.

I should have plenty time soon to bugger about with the car before fitment of cage. May even make an appearance to the crail thrash on the 15th november (SIDC vs Skyliners).

Wee pic of the rear seat area. I'm collecting the sound deadening in a plastic bucket and its gaining weight already...

25102009290.jpg

Cheers

Rich

How comlpicated is the cage? Any pics? Fit it yourself you lazy git :P

Hi All

Oh, how I remember my story like Rich's, started off as a wee project - £30k later it was a Clubman Group A rally car - sold it 5 years later for £8,000. Origional car cost me £10,000 before the £30k was thrown at it!!!!! The Motorsport money pit that has us all by the short and curly's!!!!

Gearbox --- £3,500

Suspension --- £4,000

Cage --- £1,200

ECU --- £1,400

Diffs --- £2,000

Seats --- £500

Engine upgrade --- £5,000

Tyres and Wheels --- £3,500

-------------------------------------------------------and much much more!!!!

Lets see how much the Rich man spends on his wee project. Hate to say it, but you would be massively cheaper buying someone elses project - or rally car!!!

Here's an example and a price - see how close you get to it when yours is ready

p43404n2.jpg

DAVE SUTTON RUN AND MAINTAINED CAR AS DRIVEN BY MARTIN ROWE IN THE PWRC. RHD N9 PRODRIVE CAR WITH ALL N10 UPGRADES, FULL STAGE 2 INTERNATIONAL CAR ON PECTEL ENGINE AND DIFF MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. HEWLAND DOG BOX AND DIFFS, OHLINS SUSPENSION, IN TARMAC SPEC. CAR IS TOTALLY MINTED AND WANTS FOR NOTHING, MUST BE THE NICEST AVAILABLE. £23,000 ONO WILL PART EX EITHER WAY.

This will go for under £20k I would imagine!!!

Take the restrictor off, a wee remap and you will be blazing 400 plus horses with an engine that has been built for it.

Good luck fella

Gary

Edited by rallyfever
How comlpicated is the cage? Any pics? Fit it yourself you lazy git :P

Cage is still all wrapped up. It is complicated with loads of poles as it is a weld in.

Good luck fella

I dont intend to go that far with it (famous last words). It'll be my track toy to begin with.

Cheers for the comments lads

• 3 weeks later...

Unpackaged the cage partially because it wouldnt fit in the scoob, it was all wrapped up with several layers of heat shrink...

Picture019-5.jpg

Theres more poles at the bottom in another bit covered in the heat shrink.

I have taken 9kg of sound deadening out of the car All of the rear seat area, all of the front area apart from under dash and under centre console and some bits in the boot.

Picture018-5.jpg

Rich

• 1 month later...
Sweet mate. Who is fitting it? looks the nuts. How much did it cost to get fitted?

AWD are doing the all the work. Many hours work involved in this one

sweet as Rich but howre you going to get yer wee legs over the door bars?? :D

A hop, leap and a jump. No fat boys or fat chicks allowed :huh:

Coming along B)

Mine is still a tip inside - needs a coat of paint LOL

It'll all be getting painted once its finished too.

Thanks for the comments lads