Another Disaster?

well not quite but after the resident inspector(dci lee) pointing out that my fuel lines looked slightly

fubared decided to replace the lines to/from the reg to rails etc.most were like this

DSC00121.jpg

but after taking the inlet manifold off to reach the t piece for the parallel rail doofer,which is a right pain in the butt

DSC00122.jpg

found this :D

DSC00120.jpg

absolutely gubbed!

visions of this came to mind

fire8.jpg

can be doing without another day like that

the end

ps. thanks for the help big chap but stop biting them nails

Jim let me know if you are going to replace the fuel lines with braided lines. I just replaced some of the hose that I got from Pirtek coz it was crap and the new stuff is pretty good and cheap if you want the link let me know. Glad you found this as that looks horrific.

I have already apologised for the remark said in my post, It was said 'tongue in cheek'

I can only presume that everyone was out of the car safely, no one was hurt and the car was insured or we would have heard about it.

I based [wrongly] the bumper joke on the above presumptions being correct.

I can only imagine the pain of watching your pride and joy go up in flames and having to wait until the fire services arrived, even then powerless to do nothing.

Sometimes a post can be taken the wrong way, this is one of those times & i cannot apologise enough.

No offence was meant at anytime whatsoever.

Jim and others i am hanging my head in shame and drawing a line under this.

Indeed i am that idiot.

:(

Edit I would also like to point out at no time did i know the car in the pictures was Jim's car. I only found

out later & after my initial post

I though it was a 'library' picture sourced from the Internet to show what could happen if you found

perished fuel hoses on your car. I had no idea how much time, effort & money Jim had also spent on

his car, if indeed i knew that was Jim's car in the photo's i certainly wouldn't of said anything. I am

not that insensitive, a full apology was given to and accepted by Jim. Just thought i would clear that up for

the few that haven't read this post yet

Edited by StrikE

I must admit it is probably obvious to everyone that the remark was made tongue in cheek and was meant to add a little humour to the thread but for Jim finding perished fuel lines so soon after watching a car he had spent so much of his energy on go up in flames must have brought horrific memories of the event straight back. Nice to see a genuine apology though :(

Jim let me know if you are going to replace the fuel lines with braided lines. I just replaced some of the hose that I got from Pirtek coz it was crap and the new stuff is pretty good and cheap if you want the link let me know. Glad you found this as that looks horrific.

short term fix was to replace with standard fuel hose,i take it you adapted your rails for dash fittings?did you get that done locally?pm if you prefer

those lines looked tatty indeed good to hear your getting them sorted is this going to be a monster build Jim? :P

not quite,just a built 2.0l with an md321t so about 450 ish

Nice one Peter well done for spotting, glad you got there first Jim ..what you got in the pipeline for it ?? when u fitting the Turbo ? :(

Chris..

turbo was fitted a couple of weeks ago chris,just to get it mapped now.was quite surprised at the size of the 20g alongside the t

DSC00117.jpg

t on the left

That was really lucky by the looks of the part at the t-piece!!! :angry: Glad nothing bad happened mate!!!! Is that just heat damaged or just poor pipe?? I am going to be changing my fuel pipes just shortly, whats the best pipe to install??

Jase

not sure tbh its factory fuel lines.as arch says your probably better going for braided lines

Gizza a wee pic or two and a description of where you found it, spec etc of the project car Jim, I'm not such a regular browser of SS just now and must have missed you putting a thread up..

Cheers,

Grant

found it on scoobynet grant,most of the works already been done.have changed the turbo,new front bells,rotors and pads and added an avcr.oh and a switch for anti lag :(

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

as for spec its pretty much all been covered by previous owner 2.0l built engine,6 speed box,

ast coilovers,whiteline bars,alk etc.£23k later he decided he wanted a bike again so good on him

That looks really nice mate, always good picking up someones elses project thats been done properly so you can put your own wee twist on it and finish off to your own spec. Sounds like a lot of gucci bits came with it, glad your back on track after the Bug. :(

Cheers,

Grant

car is 10 years old and covered 57000 miles,i'm assuming that they are the original lines from factory

Jim i would doubt if it'll be original lines as its had a paralell conversion...but i could be wrong on this one!

Glad you got it sorted mate and a burger is enough for me ;)