Afp 2008 Race Car

Just thought I'd put up some shots of how the car is looking now, i will get some hi res posted up soon.

Its more of an all-rounder now with a circuit spec suspension and brake set up, not to mention wide arch kit running on 10x17 rims with 275/45-17 tyres.

We were just at the Pod for a shakedown and nothing fell off or broke which is a bonus !!

I ran a 9.9 for runner up spot in the HKS Pro final, Johns winning 8.0 second skyline runs 1.1 second 60' times !

I was thrown in with the pro drag cars as I had perspex door windows, otherwise I should have been in street class.

Some pics of the car here

MF4M7170.jpg

MF4M7172.jpg

MF4M7176.jpg

MF4M7177.jpg

MF4M8315.jpg

MF4M6467.jpg

MF4M6466.jpg

My ass look fat in this ?

MF4M6455.jpg

Edited by Andy.F

Still undecided on rear lights, the aftermarket options don't 'grab' me and I'm not paying £200 for a set of new Sti ones !

It doesn't look so fat in the pics until you look at what appears to be a very narrow rear spoiler, thats std sti4 width !

The car is way jacked up for drag use in the pics, the suspension/chassis has however been modified considerably in order to let it sit very low and still retain proper suspension geometry for circuit use.

Will probably just 'play' at circuit stuff this year but 2009 may see something a bit more serious :thumbup:

Thanks for the positive comments so far on appearance :D Deciding on colours and decals has been a bit of a nightmare, we didn't want it cluttered but also didn't want it to look too bare. Also deciding which was the fastest colour Blue or White :P lol.

May still add some subtle stuff, all photoshop mock ups gratefully received !!

cheers

Andy

Not a fan of those front lights mate, but the rest looks awesome... squats right over those big tyres, and I actually prefer the stock STi4 Rear Spoiler with the wider arches rather than the higher level STi 5/6 or 22B style spoiler. Am I right in saying that having no spoiler at all is not really an option when you're hitting those sort of speeds??

9.9 in a shakedown with more to come - lol, there are fast cars, really fast cars and then your car mate. That sort of performance is just crazy, dont think anyone can understand how fast that is until you actually have to try and put that power down yourself. I know I cant get my head around going 3-4 seconds quicker down a quarter mile?!

Cheers,

Grant

:D that looks mega wide with that wing +the bumper mega small :D:thumbup: and the 2 fastest colours thats got to be got for .2 off a sec :P

pitty you never done the roof blue, could off made it in a scottish flag :P (well not a pitty a she looks class the way she is :D )

Edited by jodie typeRA
:D that looks mega wide with that wing +the bumper mega small :P:thumbup: and the 2 fastest colours thats got to be got for .2 off a sec :P

pitty you never done the roof blue, could off made it in a scottish flag :P (well not a pitty a she looks class the way she is :D )

Not a bad idea that actually ! We could just add 4x Blue triangles to the existing roof !

I normally just run with the little rear gurney flap for the 1/4m, the car is pretty stable now with the new Prodrive Ohlins suspension set up :D

cheers

Andy

Not a bad idea that actually ! We could just add 4x Blue triangles to the existing roof !

I normally just run with the little rear gurney flap for the 1/4m, the car is pretty stable now with the new Prodrive Ohlins suspension set up :D

cheers

Andy

the 4 triangles would be spot on (comon you know you want to :P fly the flag high)

as for the stance in look spot on evil/mad/physco just like she ready to murder the cars trying to beat her

love it :thumbup:

Looks fantastic Andy!!

And your experience and expertise no doubt helps that 9's

Top end streetbikes struggle to pull into the 9s with work!!!! and their power to weight is better than most cars! Im truly impressed!

Looking amazing Andy cant wait to see it in action. The Wide body 2doors looked stunning at the Time Attack

The only time I actually saw your car I think most of it was in bits around your garage. So hopefully catch it at K'hill or Crail

See you in the winter for stage 3ish