Lanark Sun 17th Of Sept At 1400

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI GUYS HAD YO WATCH ON TV THE TRIBUTE FROM YOU ALL I WANTED TO BE THEIR BUT WORK COMMITMENTS STOPPED ME FROM ATTENDING IT REALLY IS A LOSE ITS LIKE A MASSIVE SHOKEWAVE TO USE ALL AND GRATITUDE TO SQUIGEL FOR THE TRIBUTE YOU ORGINIEZED AND GLAD A GOOD FEW OF THE CLUB MANAGED ALONG

CHEERS EVOKILLER

Edited by evokiller

Had i not been stuck on an oil rig 100miles offshore i can assure you all i would have been there.

Just like to say well done to Grant and everyone who attended for organising this and showing the rest of the world the following he had and what he meant to us all.

I truely am lost for words, the man was a complete legend and will never be forgotten

I cant get youtube out here but this should be a link to a short clip of him, car control is an understatment

RIP Colin

Kenny

Only just turned on the laptop so just found out about the tribute today. Apologies for not attending. Well done to Grant for organising this and to everyone who represented the club.

R.I.P. Colin McRae

same here,didnt even know about this tragedy till this morning(the joys of having a drink on a saturday night),watched the news tonight after returning from Knockhill,wish i could have been there to pay my respects to a man who was the same age as me but has achieved so much in his life,a life i could only dream of,my thoughts and prayers go out to the McCrae family and all affected by what has happened.

Edited by marky.t.s
A truly outstanding talent ever to get behind the wheel of a car,you will be sadly missed, my thoughts go out to his family.

Sorry i could not make it to Lanark as i was up in Blairgowrie all weekend.

Stevie

I felt nothing but pride when I ficked onto Sky News and watched a parade of Subaru driving up the hill near McRaes home. Well done guys, it brought more than a tear to my eye. Has ayone seen this freakishly chilling news...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6997784.stm

Folks, thank you for appropriately representing the thoughts of Scooby owners. I think I heard the BBC reporting the event as an "emotional tribute". A sad time for all of the families concerned, our collective thoughts are with all of them.

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to Lanark in time but it was a good sight to see you all arriving at sandyholm later on, we counted around 13 cars in the car park. Hope the fella in the black jacket found the M74 to Cumbernauld alright.

That must be why I'm lookin' & laughin' at you St3ph3n!

And Squiggel, how are you still able to balance while doing the Plié?!?! I only know this term as my sisters do ballet, so save the jibes!

Well done guys. Just caught this thread as I've been working all weekend. Had I not, and had seen the thread, I would have been there 100%.

Brian.

Hey guys,

Well done with te convoy! if I wasnt' so far north I'd definately have been there...

Recorded the news report on Sky News and BBC24 earlier for future reference.....

Couple snap shots:

(Note: mods, if this is too far out of line regarding copyright and whatever then feel free to remove the images...)

sky_convoy.jpg

sky_letter.jpg