What's happened to the main Scottish Scoobies forum page?

Will do!

It appeared as thought he "Scottish Scoobies" label had been changed to null.  The forum ID was still in place as it was still accessible but just the title wasn't being displayed anywhere and so nothing to click on to get there. Other forums seemed to be unaffected, just the scottish scoobies one.

How it would happen?  Dunno, usually someone playing with something they shouldn't be (past experience as and admin)

Actually it's not 100% back to normal.  I'm sure on the top level forum list there was a small description under the "Scottish Scoobies" title. Think it said something simple like "Local Regional Forum" like the rest of the areas (I would take a screen grab to show what I mean but too lazy).  Definately sounds like someone made a whoopsie and quickly put it back and forgot the description.

Name and shame the culpirit!!!  (Jus' kiddin...) 

I'll happily name and shame the culprit - "Community Server". Worst forum software ever.

You're quite right that when I put the correct settings back I forgot the description. That's just window dressing though, and not as important as the forum name or the site title (also disappeared). The problem was exactly that the string was either Empty or Null - the geeks will know the difference [:)

If anyone needs the URL for the forums then - http://forums.sidc.co.uk/forums/11/ShowForum.aspx - takes you straight to Scotland. 

Chill boys, nuttin works 100% all the time and I'm pretty sure any gliches will be ironed out in due course.

These are the glitches that we iron out be swapping to something fit for purpose John. No matter how many times you polish a turd it's still a turd. The 16th brings the future. 

Chill boys, nuttin works 100% all the time and I'm pretty sure any gliches will be ironed out in due course.

These are the glitches that we iron out be swapping to something fit for purpose John. No matter how many times you polish a turd it's still a turd. The 16th brings the future. 

Woohooo, does this mean that my thread New forum is a pile of doo doo, was right on the money.....lol

Long live the new forum, get this Ba*****isation away to the recycle bin where it belongs

Graeme 

Andy, St3ph3n and everyone

Firstly I do wish Andy and the team good luck in this transistion the 16th will be the culmanation of a lot of hard work. 

As one of the people who took the club from a forum that did not support more than 20 concurrent users and helped develop a shop and membership database [which had previously been run on paper] I really wish people would stop slagging off where we have got too today as a club.  It is very easy to pick pick pick it is a lot harder to be the people who have given up their time to implement what they believe to be a good solution only to be shot down.

I have no doubt that what is being delivered by Andy and his team will be better than what is here today and lets focus on its success [and our cars which afterall is why we are here].

Andy, St3ph3n and everyone

Firstly I do wish Andy and the team good luck in this transistion the 16th will be the culmanation of a lot of hard work. 

As one of the people who took the club from a forum that did not support more than 20 concurrent users and helped develop a shop and membership database [which had previously been run on paper] I really wish people would stop slagging off where we have got too today as a club.  It is very easy to pick pick pick it is a lot harder to be the people who have given up their time to implement what they believe to be a good solution only to be shot down.

I have no doubt that what is being delivered by Andy and his team will be better than what is here today and lets focus on its success [and our cars which afterall is why we are here].

Here Here [Y]

I hope it was not me, but I wished not to offend

I think in the current forum software we have seemed to have lost our way (an this has been my opinion since day one of this current set up), 2 versions ago was far more user friendly (in my opinion), but posed the team running the site a few headaches, the current setup is just mince (again in my opinion),

I can sometimes sound a bit outspoken when it comes something I believe in but to anybody who feels I'm being a bit off, please tell me 

Willie, you and your team have done a sterling job of keeping this forum running, I only expressed my views as I am a paid up member of the forum, and have been since the first time I posted. I am glad to see the SIDC going from strength strength

no ofence intended

Graeme 

I never meant any harsh comments either... 

I' know how much work goes into building sites like this.  I built and used to run a website for a online business with discussion forums and all sorts of thigns for 6years (I wont mention the name here because the site had gone dramatically downhill since I left the project). I fully understand the work involved in these sites. I've had many an all-nighter getting things ready in time and fixing things that should never break in the first place..

This is the first I've come across the community server.  On the whole it's seems pretty decent IMHO. Does the job.  Couple of picky things like the PM emails not working. In saying that it's done us well and is generally stable.  I personally like the WYSIWIG part for writing replies!

Well Done to the entire team!!  Let's hope for a smooth transition to the new system![Y] 

I have expressed my views of what Willie & Cam achieved in the Announcements Forum. They had a pretty thankless task with an audience that were over-critical (myself included...) but stuck by it. I respect them for that. They both have highly successful and demanding businesses and are now free to concentrate on them.

We must, however, move forward as a Club and this move is not a poor reflection on Willie and Cam and what they achieved for the Club, instead it is largely driven by the fact I have no experience in the products or platform they used so a new platform and new products have been selected.

It does not detract from the fact we should all be grateful for the time and effort both Willie and Cam have invested in the Club over the past few years. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here right now.