May meet with Peterborough (FFF)

OK, Kevin and I discussed a meeting in May with the Fenland Flat Fours - the Peterborough Scoob lot. The date is:

Friday 25th May 2007, from 7pm (note the earlier than usual time)

Venue, by popular choice, is option b:

The Three Horseshoes in Abbots Ripton (just outside Huntingdon).  For Google map, the pub postcode is PE28 2PD

From Cambridge:

Westbound  on the A14 (warning: the SPECS cameras may be operational by that date) as far as the Spittals exit, where the A14 turns off. Take the sliproad and turn right at the Spittals roundabout, towards the A141 and the Shell garage roundabout. The rest is after the Peterborough instructions.

From P'boro:

Southbound A1. Turn off at the Alconbury sliproad where the A14 branches off. Exit the A14 at the second exit (Spittals), which is signposted for Huntingdon, plus the A14 and A141. Turn left at the top, towards the A141 and the Shell garage roundabout.

Both:

At the Shell garage roundabout, go straight on, up the hill. Straight on at the first roundabout after that, and then left at the next one, at the top, where you see Tesco ahead and to the right. Follow this nice road for about a mile and half until you come into Abbots Ripton. The pub is on the right soon after you pass the narrow bit for traffic calming as you enter the village.

M

sounds good, be good if we could meet some where half way between here and Peterborough, give us a bit of a drive

I agree with you Chris, be great to have a drive out [H]

Sorry Mark, not much help with pubs out that way, I'll trust your judgement on where we should meet.

With regards to the Plough I'm planning to go there next week for a looksie, see what they've turned the place into

• 2 weeks later...

Great meet at Cambridge last night guys.

The Plough is very smart with its new decor. Food would appear to be good quality albeit expensive. The owners must have spent a small fortune on the refurb so I guess they have to recover their outlay. I arther dislike the new speed bump on the slope, but no doubt it's there for "health & safety" [|-)] Shame they haven't repaired the huge hole as you drive into the car park though [N].

We agreed that we would prefer to meet early in Cambridge, probably the Plough, followed by a drive out to a half way point. So I'm suggesting the Three Horseshoes.

Thoughts?

Cheers M [Y]

So Cambs guys I'll be at the Plough by 6.00 to meet up, leaving at 6.30 for a gentle drive to Abbotts Ripton. We'll avoid the friday madness of the A14 and take the scenic route [:)]...........wanders off to find Road Angel........

Who's joining me?

Cheers M [Y]

So Cambs guys I'll be at the Plough by 6.00 to meet up, leaving at 6.30 for a gentle drive to Abbotts Ripton. We'll avoid the friday madness of the A14 and take the scenic route [:D]...........wanders off to find Road Angel........

Who's joining me?

i'll be there Kev, by god we'll make it if we're following an angel,

• 2 weeks later...