It is with a heavy heart......................

............that I have to report the following. We tragically lost one of my crew, Praveen,  on Friday night after he fell 40ft into the moonpool and never resurfaced. All current searches so far have been fruitless.Currently the tides are running SSW so his body is well on its way to South Africa and will most likely never be recovered.

It's been 48 hours now and my heart feels like it has been ripped out as Praveen was one of my favourite members of my crew. He was always committe to woking safely and whilst the investigations go on, we have no option but to grit our teeth and carry on.

So the purpose of this post is to remind all you other guys working offshore that it only takes a second for it to be all over.

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU"LL BE LEAVING BEHIND IF IT ALL GOES WRONG!!!!!!!!![:'(]

PLAN AHEAD AND BE SAFE!!!

It's going to be a tough few weeks for me so please forgive me if you get a call from me to say that the work I was going to do fo you MAY have to wait. I'll see how the first few days home (get back Thursday) go and decide on a game plan from there.

GOODBYE  MY FRIEND...............YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU'LL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Thanks guys[:(]

Russell

Really sorry to hear this Russell [:'(] ............it will be tough out their but be strong for the troops. I was once a a barge in Shanghai and we had a barbeque on the back deck. Some guy was quite drunkand decided ( we think) to jump from the second deck for a swim. We think he hit a horizontal exhaust pipe and was knocked unconscious........we never found him as the waters were brown with silt and quite choppy plus it was dark. Events were not helped by the fact we could not find him. He had two kids and was only 29.......

Keep safe dude.............

Cal

Cheers everyone, it's been a tough couple of days out here. The rest of the Roughnecks were shot to pieces and kept on breaking down in front of me and I had to help to comfort them. It's so tough being their Driller, having to put on a calm, collected face on when inside of you your dying to break down yourself.

The search was officially called off today and this is the time that it may finally kick in for some of the other expats out here in India.

I've had an average of 1 hours sleep a day as I picture him falling every time I close my eyes. We've been given details of counsellors in our home towns for us to call and see as this will take time to get over.

DAY BY DAY, I SUPPOSE

Once again, thanks for all the support.

Russell

Driller, DSS