A pace car??? What are they thinking!!!

i take it that will be all the people on "incapacity bennefit" that can drive doing that job then

i travel 600 mile round trip to get home on a weekend there are already "pace cars" they are the police and the new highways agency how many moor people are we going to pay to do the same job

3 agency`s doing one job because niether are correctly manned, skilled, or have the correct resources to the job in the first place which i can only see as "bringing in a revenue"

as clarkson said "speed doesnt kill its going from 100mph to zero in less than a second that kills" the laws in this contry with ref to cars is totaly outdated and based on cars that only exist at car shows i.e. the morris minor

the idea that speed kills is a fallacy this is with respect to hitting a child on a road at 40 instead of 30 i havent seen a motorway yet with a pedestrian crossing

people will die in accidents there`s no doubting this and it is a sad fact of life but they 9 times out of 10 are just that accidents people falling asleep at the wheel they have moor chances of dying

drunk drivers have moor chances of killing other people there are many moor factors that should be challenged befor hitting the ordinary motorist it makes me sick

rant over lol

Well i replied.

Hope i'm right in my understanding of the use of motorways!!!

Why would you put a pace car in the third lane of the motorway???

It was my understanding that the correct use of a motorway was:

Lane one is the driving lane

Lane two an overtaking lane

Lane three a further overtaking lane

You were then meant to move to the driving lane once you had performed your overtaking manoeuvre!!

On the continent this is also the case and is widely practiced and works very effectively to prevent major congestion and lower stress levels for frequent users.

Surely this new trial is just encouraging the incorrect use of our motorways. Would the money not be better spent on educating people on their correct use and having the police enforce this. Surely safer use of the road by the majority would be a more effective way of tackling accidents rather than tackling a smaller number of speeders.

You never know, better use of the road by everyone, which would leed to less congestion, may actually help lower the speed of many drivers!!

Leigh Robson (Regularly stuck on the M25)!!

picture this:

[*]3 lane motorway,

[*]3 pace cars hogging all lanes,

[*]3 miles of traffic behind all the pace cars

At the back of the 3 mile tailback is an amulance, fire engine, and a few poilice cars trying to attend the scene of an accident further up the motorway, how do they?

<< At the back of the 3 mile tailback is an amulance, fire engine, and a few poilice cars trying to attend the scene of an accident further up the motorway, how do they? >>

Exactly mate, it's a load of sh!t....personally I don't think it'll happen anyway....it's just not practical.

i got stopped the day before new year for (naughty i know) sitting too close to an MG who was sitting in the outside lane at 70-80 thinking he was the king of the road.

I got a thorough telling off.

I was so raging at this coconut in front of me with a clear road dictating to me what speed i should do.

This clearly is a hairbrain scheme and i think it could cause another mway stabbing or serious road rage

Just pass them up the inside.

What's the problem.

It's not the sort of thing a camera will bust you for. In fact you might just as well do it pissed for that matter.

If there is a queue formed you are not contravening the highway code.

There is no law per se against passing up the inside either (unless you are speeding of course)face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Ooh, I've always wanted a babysitter on the motorway!!! face-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-mad.gif

"Now then kiddie winks, don't go faster than me, its un-safe. And we can't have you doing that now can we"

Grrrr! I'm sick of all this speed kills bull5*1t!! Lets clarify the matter.

Speed does not kill anybody! Its human error that kills!

I'm sure you all know where they can stick their pace cars!!! face-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-mad.gif

Aggree with pilsbury,

Lane one is the driving lane

Lane two an overtaking lane

Lane three a further overtaking lane

"SO MOVE OVER matey " my pet hate (stay in the middle lane drivers)face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

This is nearly as darft as the sugestion of putting traffic lights on the approach roads to regulate the amount of traffic on the motor ways