Poll: What price would Optimax need to be.......

would not sell the scoob due to petrol prices, would just pick up an mx 5 for going back and forward to work, and have gid blast come the weekendface-icon-small-happy.gif

with that idea i could then spend all the petrol money saved on mods, then no petrol price would matter and maybe even stick the motor on a limited mileage insurance policy. With all that money saved id have a 500bhp monster by the end of the year!!!!

bring on the price increaseface-icon-small-smile.gif sooner the betterface-icon-small-wink.gif

When I bought my scoob in early July it cost me £40 to fill the tank from empty. Today I filled the car with a quarter of a tank left in it and it cost £40. Must be looking @ £50+ to fill it now. face-icon-small-sad.gif

However, like Jamie I have alternative (cheap!) daily transport but I need to wear a wig and dark glasses to drive it. It aint no scooby!face-icon-small-blush.gif

<< The recent price hikes for me work out around £4 a tank ----> that a pint and a half of beer

In other words I will moan about it but still fill her up and drive her like I stole her face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Life is too short ! The interest rates were 15% in the eighties so count yourselves lucky !

Cal >>

You are right Cal, I still fill her up n get on with it. Waited long enough to get my scoob so ain't gonna let this annoy me!face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dipsy, my last day at KH I filled up in Glasgow the evening before then another £10 at Kincardine and stuck in a bottle of Millers OB.

On track most of the session and had to put some more in from a can before the end of the session.

Filled up again at Kinkardine with another bottle of OB added and by the time I was back in Glasgow that evening it was just over half full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy it was fun though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif You can't buy adrenaline at the pumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! face-icon-small-tongue.gif

As for daily use it's getting a bit silly hence the sale of the wagon and a nice little Honda v-tec to pootle about in!!!!

99.9 pence for a mug of optimax...........i"m now thinking it's cheaper to run on a tank of Millers CVL!!!

Could be fun thoughface-icon-small-smile.gif

Of course,as Jamie ponts out,we are not all getting wage rises(not in line with the increasing cost of living anyway) & this will have a knock on effect at the supermarkets etc...........

I've done my math,when it reaches £1.20 I'll have to start using peddal power to get about town to save some cash.It's probably not a bad thing,as I've never been so unfit ...............

Top-Tip's that I personally use/used for beating the Government's price hike:-

1) Buy 1 or more empty 45 Gallon Oil Drum(s) [for metric boffins = 204 litres] & sterilize it (you might find one at your local salvage yard or rubbish dump)

2) Store it somewhere on your property so it can be easily accessed (the back yard, shed or garage etc etc)

3) Once the price on fuel decreases, fill up a Fuel Can when you fill up your car's tank (usually around £4.50 - £5 to do)

4) Empty the can into the Drum using a funnel

5) Once filled, seal with a non-pourous lid of some description

6) Extract when required

This should keep your scooby well fed for a while!

Reasons for this insanity:- THE PRICE IN MY LOCAL AREA FOR OPTIMAX IS NOW AT £1.04 PER LITRE!!!