Ghost Town

I have started to look at the page that tells you who has been on the site and it is pretty much just all guests. There is very few actual members. So the question is do we try and do so something about this which will require guidance from the powers above or do we just let the place disappear and when people look to see if it is worth joining they end up going elsewhere. I know the forum is only a small part of the club but it is important.

Gd idea bryan id say . Wld have to be a rough half way point for folk coming fi down the bottom of englandshire traveling up and yous lands fi the north part of gods country traveling down. Either that or get a list of names and figure out from the person furthest south to the person furthest north on the list and put half way for them

It's a death spiral - people have something to post, but go to more populated forums as they're more likely to get a reply.

With forums, people attract people and sadly sidc have culled off non-members limiting the number of people. Just look at some of the dates for recent posts.

I know the chap, mark, who used to organise the East Anglia stuff on here wasn't a member and obviously now doesn't come on here. He now sorts stuff on ScoobyNet and pistonheads.

Sad really.

I know the chap, mark, who used to organise the East Anglia stuff on here wasn't a member and obviously now doesn't come on here. He now sorts stuff on ScoobyNet and pistonheads.

"Mark CSC" has always posted his runs/meets on a multitude of forums not just this one.(you forgot Subaruforesters.org :thumbs: :thumbs: )

Maybe you should step up ......................

A lot of forums are having a hard time.

There's one I used to use every day when I was in the RAF seems to be on it's arse at the minute. Posting is probably less then 1/10th of what it was, just a sign of the times I think.

These things can be cyclical as well, fairly dead here for a while then it'll pick up and scooby.net will be less active.

I do think we need to encourage more 'Subaru' owners to join up, the Impreza brigade will always be here I don't think I've seen any 'Hi i'm.... and I've got a BRZ' posts yet!

I've been on a few forums over the years for different cars I've owned.

I find that some are really good but others have too much of a clique.

one particular forum was banning people for setting up their own 'subsidiary' forums that catered for their geographical areas.

if the forum gets way too large I find that it tends to get split up with the various 'groups' arguing and causing bad atmospheres.

as it seems this forum has dropped in numbers then why don't we, instead of moaning about the lack of interest, try to make it a close knit community that is a pleasure to be apart of and then it may attract more posts (and possibly members?)

for a start, lets get some local meets together and then concentrate, as said earlier, on a central meet to encompass all?

I for one will try and organise a meet / drive out if anyone is interested? (we could also post up on other forums - not just imprezas but all models of Subaru - to invite more people along and get the Subaru family back together.

as it seems this forum has dropped in numbers then why don't we, instead of moaning about the lack of interest, try to make it a close knit community that is a pleasure to be apart of and then it may attract more posts (and possibly members?)

for a start, lets get some local meets together and then concentrate, as said earlier, on a central meet to encompass all?

I for one will try and organise a meet / drive out if anyone is interested? (we could also post up on other forums - not just imprezas but all models of Subaru - to invite more people along and get the Subaru family back together.

Finally! Some sense! :)

• Upvote 1

I still think that locking things down so much has caused this as the non-members did a lot of posting and got us all going on about things. It may mean that us paying members are getting what we pay for and not paying for others but now we have virtually nothing going on. Local clubs are starting to be predominant in the regions again.