What Do .net Do Differently?

and as for numbers, clubs, size of bawbags and general dick length - I really couldnt care less about it, if someone can come on a run and keep up with me or make me sweat to keep up with them , without looking like theyre going to wipeout on every corner then I dont care who they are, what club theyre in, what car they drive or theyre sexual disorientation, theyre ok with me :)

here for a good time not a long time ladies, whatever way you get your rocks off :occasion14:

With regards to forum activity, this was discussed a few months ago and granted at that time I put my hands up to posting quite a bit of non technical/meet posts etc(otherwise know as spam apparently) but there was very little activity like we are experiencing now and I was just trying to get some banter going. It was clear at that point that there were several different views on what the forum should be used for but am sure we could come up with a happy medium. I have dramatically reduced my posting to try and accommodate everyone. Although I do seem to get mentioned a lot in posts, mainly getting the urine extracted out of me but I know it is all in good faith(well I hope it is lol). I don't like dragging up the past but I think this is valid to the discussion topic and I am not criticising by any means. I may have been a bit too keen but my heart was in the right place and I took on board everyone's comments at the time.

With regards to lack of attendance at meets. We should be able to accommodate everyone's needs. Have a bit for general chatting and exhaust polishing(whatever that is) at the start for those those that wish to and then have a drive, for those that wish to. We post up what time each one starts and people go to whatever they want. I know I don't always want to go a drive but would still like to pop along for a catchup with people and similarly people may just want to go a drive but not stand about a car park.

Comments have been made on several occasions about people not wanting to post in case things kick off etc. I think that we have all grown up lately and gus made a valid comment at the agm by saying we should think first about what we are going to post. No matter what forum you go on there will always be instances when things do get heated but that shouldn't be that often. There will always be people that post and get silly comments made to but again that happens on all forums. No matter what I post I always seem to get reminded that my wife drives faster than me, I like cats and I should bring my sister to meets. This happens even when I ask a serious question. No doubt it will happen on this thread.

Edited by mctwistuk
No matter what forum you go on there will always be instances when things do get heated but that shouldn't be that often. There will always be people that post and get silly comments made to but again that happens on all forums.

You wondering now why I was so slow to post when I first joined? ;)

As far as convo's getting heated is concerned, sometimes that's a good thing! Controversy breeds conversation, and conversations, as long as everybody keeps their head, keeps the community alive! As far as the 'spamming' went, I had no problem with it. I had seen worse on other car forums, and it was turned a blind eye to as far as mods were concerned. TBH, I could repost everything I find on Jalopnik, all relevant stuff, and mostly funny. But I'd probably get the same response (if not harsher) than you've been getting, Chris. Principally because on the larger scheme of things, I am unknown to 'most' users, other than the odd reply and thread where I felt qualified to do so, and to suddenly start 'spamming' would likely be looked on dimly. The other part of it lies in that I'm from Kent. Most of the users on here (pardon the hyperbole) have likely never seen Kent, other than maybe the White cliffs of Dover on postcards. I wouldn't be surprised if I got stick for that.

:tumbleweed:

I have read the 4 pages although getting lost in some claims of homosexuality :thumbup:

From the history I have heard, Connor Split from SIDC and Formed SS, Rightly, Wrongly, thats well in the past. He, for reasons that we will not speak of as it was in agreement, shot himself in the foot and had to leave the forum quick sharp.

I decided to buy him out to keep the forum as the forum. The question was asked, What does SS.net do differently, this is what i will address and nothing more, so when you see my comments, they are directed at that question and no ones comments.

SS.net is not a business so all monies are returned to the club

SS.net has been commented on by its method of advertising, some users do not like to have advertising flashed at them all day.

SS.net engages the newbie from post 1, they cannot see any of the forum until they have 5 posts, during these 5 posts they are hounded for pictures and spec thus bringing them into a position of feeling engaged not free to roam around with no interaction. This also stops the wolves getting in and keeps them at bay.

SS.net is looked at as more than a forum and more as a community, in and out of the virtual world.

SS.nets members range from 19-72 so it clearly has nothing to do with age.

That is about it i would say.

Every place will have ups and downs, people coming and going, we just had about 5 of our busiest members including staff leave the club, this was returned with about 15 new members signing up and getting involved from post 1. We can never keep every individual happy but we have to do what's right for the majority.

These have never been secret, and i actually replied to the previous post asking how you can make the place more popular.

I have been a member here and a user now. I have never really been engaged in conversation from the start nor contacted by any RO to find out if im interested in any meets because they see i live in their area but they have not seen me along.

If the guys locally feel that these meets are about rubbing exhausts then pop along and see for yourself, yes sometimes they are stand about, catch up and have a KFC meets but some of them have runs strapped onto them. I know our Highland meets have runs, Central Meets have runs, Glasgow and Lanarkshire meets have runs, Certain areas have lower numbers like Ayrshire but they travel up to the G&L meets and also double up with Ayreshire Scoobs as do our Aberdeen lot with Aberdeen Scoobs.

We have a very good rep with other clubs and have actually started to see guys join up from the north of england.

That about answers the questions, so i would like to touch upon a few things i read throughout the whole thread.

I have been in the chair now for over a year and i can categorically say that i have never been contacted by any SIDC head staff about bringing the two clubs together, a few members and an RO contacted us about sorting joint meets and they kind of fizzled to nothing. we have the charity day next month which we are happy to attend and support which may be a start.

I personally contacted Frenchy about sorting the relationship between the two clubs which was not met with any sort of interaction, the jist i received was we are SIDC, what do you propose to how you will better the relationship.

I also offered my services when you were going through your current transition where the site was down, was more snubbed than acknowledged.

Of course these incidents could of been just how i perceived them and not how they were meant so its just one of those things i have given up on.

One of the incidents i had heard of was a Knockhill day, where 2 of our members went over to visit a friend or two on the SIDC stand. When it was found they were members of SS.net they were bitched off the SIDC stand. This in itself is enough for word to get around and turn people away from the name SIDC\Scottish Scoobies.

Just feedback on how I personally see it nothing aimed at anyone. :driving::carwash:

• Upvote 1

Blobeye you are totally 100% correct, we feel its like a kind of us and them type of thing goin on for no reason whatsoever,

Personally I would like to encourage joint runs and so on because at the end of the day we are all scottish and we are all subaru owners, im sad to say but we are all manipulated with threats of warnings and bans on an open forum which is just daft, I say we end the dictatorship and get back to business (Being a car club)

I'd like to address all comments posted by Eddie that mention the current "Chair" of the club so I'll quote and reply inline.

I have been in the chair now for over a year and i can categorically say that i have never been contacted by any SIDC head staff about bringing the two clubs together, a few members and an RO contacted us about sorting joint meets and they kind of fizzled to nothing. we have the charity day next month which we are happy to attend and support which may be a start.

I personally contacted Frenchy about sorting the relationship between the two clubs which was not met with any sort of interaction, the jist i received was we are SIDC, what do you propose to how you will better the relationship.

Your first contact made with the club was with Andy on Sat 28th July 2012 - email subject was "Domain Registration, Scottishscoobies.co.uk" in which you enquired as to if we would be renewing the domain. If we weren't then you'd like to "purchase the name to go along with the .net and .org addresses".

You received a bounce back from Andy's email address, you the contacted John S who responded to you on the same day to advise that I would be the best person I deal with your query. I replied on the 10th August firstly apologising for the tardy response and advising you that we would in fact be renewing the domain.

I stated in my email to you that I would in fact like to see SIDC/.net form a relationship and yes, I asked you to have a think about how best to move forward with this. You acknowledged my apology and went straight into "So to get down to it. We are looking to secure the Scottishscoobies family of addresses".

Not the best way of attempting to "build relationships" don't you think?

I also offered my services when you were going through your current transition where the site was down, was more snubbed than acknowledged.

You emailed me on the 11th April 2013 - subject "Domain Registration, scottishscoobies.co.uk" offering assistance with our forum/website issues. At which point I replied on the 13th April thanking you for your offer and explaining our issues. How is that snubbing you? Surely you can understand the importance of safe guarding our website/forum/database content and information. We have a not so great host who we pay to deal with this and have done for a number of years and are in the process of securing a new host. We also have stum450n and ScoUK who assist with the maintenance of the databases and servers our side of things.

I personally do not know the history of the rivalry between SIDC/.net so I can not comment on this issues raised. However, these types of posts do not help to improve situations.

This is the second or third time you've mentioned these contacts with me in various threads and whilst you see it as "not cooperating or snubbing you", I personally do not feel that your contact with me has been in relation to "building relationships" between the two clubs. I am a patient and approachable person and am willing to help anyone out where I can but I cannot do everything for this club which is why we have a Committee, Regional Organisers and Moderators to all work together. I certainly won't make decisions that will reduce member numbers and traffic away from SIDC to another site for the sake of £12. I will do whatever I can to protect our members, their data and the future of this club and if that means "snubbing you" then so be it.