Today Has Mostly Consisted Of ......

In preparation for Japfest on Saturday I felt the Scoob was in need of a jolly good clean.

A good wash was how it all started with Dodo Juice's Born To Be Mild pH-Neutral Car Shampoo using "Clean Your Car's" Microfibre Wash Sponge followed by a rinse.

I then gave her a good clean down with Autoglym's Intensive Tar Remover using a soft cotton cloth to get rid of that stubborn tar that wouldn't be removed through washing or claying alone.

Another rinse followed the tar removal leading onto a full clay bar treatment using the Meguiars Clay Bar Kit.

A final wash with Autoglym's Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner was then carried out.

A soft blade was used to remove a large majority of the water, I then used a Meguiars Water Magnet to remove the remainder from the bodywork.

A layer of Werkstat's Prime Acrylic was then applied to the bodywork, buffed off to be followed by Autoglym's HD Wax. To finish off the bodywork a coat of Werkstat's Acrylic Gloss was applied.

The black trims around the windows and doors were given a good coat of Autoglym's Bumper and Trim Gel.

The windows were then given a good clean with Autoglym's Car Glass Polish.

This just leaves the interior, wheels and exhaust to be given a clean on Friday.

So, who else has been preparing their Scoob's for the show season? Lets see some piccies

:):carwash::)

Mine needs done, hasn't been done since before the fling. If we're doing the show in Buckie at the weekend mine will be blitzed on friday - cos saturday is Star trek Day

Got say it's looking good Kim, i use the Workstat Acrylic on mine, goes on easy enough and gives good results.

Edited by davey l wrx

Current issue of TG has 6 pages of step by step instruction

Could we get that as a sticky in the relevant section please?

Would be good if there was this type of thing on the new website where people can browse through how to's.

Still can't believe it took you 6 hours. Man we are lucky if we get dry weather for 6 minutes here lol

Still can't believe it took you 6 hours. Man we are lucky if we get dry weather for 6 minutes here lol

That's detailing Chris.

Being an ex show and shine competition winner, I know it's worth investing in quality products and putting in the hours to look after paintwork.

Got some alloy bright for the other cars. 3 or 4:1 with water. In a garden sprayer and very slight agitation cleans them right up.

the iron x is a lot less harsh and needs more agitation. But kinder on those black bad boys :)

looking good Kim, mine looked like that for a whole 3 hours before the fling.....

roll on some dry weather so I can drive somewhere without it looking neglected!!

Lucky you! Mine was cleaned in Inverness on the fling and dirty again 68.4 miles later in Helmsdale. I don't call her Dirty Diana for nothing.

Get some pics up then Gordon! :)