Forge Motorsport Action Day

Hi all,

As you may or may not know, it's Forge Motorsport Action Day this Saturday 8th September - http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=288. It's promising to be a good one weather-wise and the line up is looking pretty good too!

SW Scoobies will be present with a stand on Saturday and we have some on-stand parking/tickets available for £10, please PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Plodster

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spirit of an open and honest conversation on the forum (as has been previously requested by yourselves on a number of occassions), why are you charging £10 a ticket/pass when the organisers supply 12 for free?

More to the point, where are the funds going once people have paid? Profiting from members of the club in this way, especially considering that it's run NFP strikes me as extremely unethical and certainly not the behaviour expected of SIDC ROs.

Obviously, if there's an honest explanation for this then please accept my apologies - I can only act on the information in front of me.

Let's go down that open and honest route Stu, how much have we spent on fuel for board members attending shows this year? Shows that they would likely have gone to anyhow.

Due to late booking of stand thu were not looking to give us free tickets but did manage to squeeze us in. We booked the stand a little over 2 weeks ago. I agreed that I was happy to not have free tickets if it meant we were able to get a stand.

On the note of free tickets Stu. I guess that this must happen for other events as well. If that does happen who gets these tickets as I've never seen free tickets advertised trough SIDC since I've been a member. (honest answers on a forum please)

Let's go down that open and honest route Stu, how much have we spent on fuel for board members attending shows this year? Shows that they would likely have gone to anyhow.

Due to late booking of stand thu were not looking to give us free tickets but did manage to squeeze us in. We booked the stand a little over 2 weeks ago. I agreed that I was happy to not have free tickets if it meant we were able to get a stand.

On the note of free tickets Stu. I guess that this must happen for other events as well. If that does happen who gets these tickets as I've never seen free tickets advertised trough SIDC since I've been a member. (honest answers on a forum please)

So me PMing you saying we could get the tickets for you for free didn't strike you as a positive thing to do? Please don't muddy the discussion by deflecting the questions.

The club do, on occassion get free tickets from Combe but always far less than the number of attendees so the difference in cost gets taken off the ticket price for EVERYONE and takes into account PayPal fees and postage. Any profit beyond that gets recirculated into the club. You can see this for yourself in the published accounts.

Your insinuations don't change the fact that you have sought to 'do your own thing', to move away from SIDC and profit from your own regional club. Again, not the behaviour of a club RO in my opinion.

Profiting from members for personal gain is downright out of order. Simple as that.

Good luck with the show. I can't speak for others but the handling of this and the lack of professionalism and ethical regard has left a seriously bad taste in my mouth.

***To be VERY clear to anyone else reading this. This stand, organised by SW Scoobies, Criddy and Plodster is not an SIDC stand and we imply no endorsement. No liability insurance that would be supplied as part of SIDC membership will apply ***

Sorry if it bothers you that we have asked a question that your unhappy with. We have permission from Hayden Davies head of international motors UK to use the subaru stars in our logo. We have non profit organisation bank accounts along with a qualified accountant. We have public liability and employers liability as volunteers are classed as employees. We have been working on this for a while and everything is above board and legal. There is no profit being made. Statements for bank accounts can be shown including personal money from myself being put in to start the club. A lot of personal time and money has been out I to the Stu.

I welcome the answer to my questions around fuelling of board members. If you feel you can answer that honestly. Try treating members with respect and these things won't happen. The South West is poorly treated and has been for a while. This has happened to SIDC in the South West before and is now happening again. You've bought South West Scoobies as a domain as you were afraid of it happening both .com & .co.uk. Is that an expense that the club should bare? Probably not.

We have no show equipment unless a board member attends either. Welcome to reality! It's here! It's happening and try colours will be shown. I will not stand for being ignored any more. In private questions have been asked to the board which have not been replied to, and now on a forum they are not being replied to either......

Sorry if it bothers you that we have asked a question that your unhappy with. We have permission from Hayden Davies head of international motors UK to use the subaru stars in our logo. We have non profit organisation bank accounts along with a qualified accountant. We have public liability and employers liability as volunteers are classed as employees. We have been working on this for a while and everything is above board and legal. There is no profit being made. Statements for bank accounts can be shown including personal money from myself being put in to start the club. A lot of personal time and money has been out I to the Stu.

I welcome the answer to my questions around fuelling of board members. If you feel you can answer that honestly. Try treating members with respect and these things won't happen. The South West is poorly treated and has been for a while. This has happened to SIDC in the South West before and is now happening again. You've bought South West Scoobies as a domain as you were afraid of it happening both .com & .co.uk. Is that an expense that the club should bare? Probably not.

We have no show equipment unless a board member attends either. Welcome to reality! It's here! It's happening and try colours will be shown. I will not stand for being ignored any more. In private questions have been asked to the board which have not been replied to, and now on a forum they are not being replied to either......

Good luck with that.

As far as I am concerned you have both manipulated your roles within the club in order to develop your own club and as such are not deserving of the RO title.

The SW Region has gone underdeveloped because as ROs you were not doing your job. It stands to reason that'll happen again. If you had invested the same level of effort into your SIDC roles as you have done into your own venture, this wouldn't be happening.

To answer your question. The only committee member that revives any form of payment/reimbursement is myself for True Grip. £700 for 3 months work, design, development, distribution, attending photoshoots, events, the cost of publication - it doesn't even cover costs. You have issue with that too?

So am I right in thinking that you are under the impression that all of the committee members that attended RallyDay for example claimed fuel expenses? I myself had a 400 mile round trip to attend, the members from Scotland something nearer a 900 mile round trip and not one of us received a penny towards fuel - we attended the show because we chose to attend and EVERYTHING was paid for out of our own pockets.

I find your implications extremely offensive, you say that you have invested money into your club so why do you feel we would not be supportive of SIDC in the same way?

Yeah I'm sorry that we don't get the support that we should so you feel you should use RO's to carry the can for the clubs ways. At no point have we put anything on the SIDC or promoted at an SIDC event. Even when you likes our Facebook page Stu. Where was the support. When members tried setting up stands for south West auto sport and similar events in the south west, where did anyone say. Here's the stand for you to take. Or a banner etc?

None! Nothing! The south west is extremely active with no support from the top. I've also renewed my SIDC membership so I don't see how I can essentially be accused of having my own agenda.

We don't charge the club for our time as we do it for the enjoyment of it and to give the same to others. If you don't enjoy it, DON'T do it! However don't go charging the club/members for something you've chosen to do (especially if the Di usher product looks like the original stickers you sent to members), then amended the design and felt you should charge for that one! Again, you accuse us of money making! Really?

When have you asked to use club equipment exactly Anthony? Terry has asked for some and I said its not a problem.

You were one of the people that complained about the blue club stickers. The Club paid for them, you said they were shit so we revised things and yet you still moan that the Club is making money.

You're doing yourself no favours when you accuse the Committee of skimming off the top when we all pay our memberships, pay for our own event tickets, pay for our own fuel and even people like Matty spend a fortune on ingredients for food that most of you eat at events.

Everything we do, for the club is above board and the work everyone puts in is for the benefit if the members.

I personally take annual leave to deal with club stuff for the members, is that thinking of myself?

Oh and the money receieved through Spring Performance Car Action Day did not go to the club pot, it went to the charity fund raising pot, just like the ticket Barry paid for to attend Trax and couldn't go, along with the additional Kames slots sold.

So tell me how the club committee is skimming off the top?

At which point at either Japfest or Rallyday did either you or Peter make it known you felt you needed more support?

In fact, you both said hardly two words at Rallyday...

I and Keith (Beefos) made an attempt to stop and speak to you personally but your answers were short and seemingly not interested in talking. Certainly that was my impression. I don't speak for Keith on his opinion.

I'm sure Peter will have his opinions as well

I and Keith (Beefos) made an attempt to stop and speak to you personally but your answers were short and seemingly not interested in talking. Certainly that was my impression. I don't speak for Keith on his opinion.

I'm sure Peter will have his opinions as well

Ha ha! Now you're just talking rubbish. You find one single person who could name a single instance of Kim being anything other than kind, friendly, approachable and attentive. To imply otherwise just emphasises the rediculous nature of your complaints.

Taking the club hat off for a second and speaking as myself, you have brought very little to the club, you've sought out confrontation and disruption since day one and only served your own purposes. You are a pathetic, jeuvenile and sad individual that has done everything you can to belittle and intimidate members. Your exit from the club is certain and if your approach to your own club is similar to the way you've conducted yourself here, I wish you every success - I suspect you're going to need it.

So you think that whilst I am organising people for their trackday, sorting tickets for three members and ensuring everyone is okay that you still feel I was somewhat short with you? You're out of order.

Yet later on I stopped both you and Peter to say hello and discuss the best on stand and was greeted with a grumble about you having to walk back to the stand to vote?

Did I then not walk the length of the club stand to hand out Samco key rings later in the day?!!

My statement still stands, both you and Peter made no attempt to discuss support for your region at either events.

lol at the committee being paid for attending events - I'm the treasurer and no one receives funds of any sort to attend shows or events, club expenses are very very low and only ever issued on approval of a majority where no other cheaper, or alternative, solution was available. Our time is ALWAYS free of charge.

Yes I joked about the distance however did I vote yes! Did you say you were busy on first attempt to speak, no? The samco keyrings, no idea if you walked te length or not as I was at the stand at the time you started handing those out. As for you Stu, very aggressive and personal statement made there. I fully offered to do the club clothing fans befor sit was started. I've put posts in club ideas that are of use. Where in the begging of my time with the club have I caused any "trouble" and as for I timidati g members, again please let me know where. If nothing you have just made a prime example of intimidating members and intact threatening towards myself I feel

Edited by criddy

To answer your question. The only committee member that revives any form of payment/reimbursement is myself for True Grip. £700 for 3 months work, design, development, distribution, attending photoshoots, events, the cost of publication - it doesn't even cover costs. You have issue with that too?

You get how much! :o:smiley-taunt014:

Joking aside, I think it is worth highlighting that the cost of the TG magazine is now covered by advertising which is secured by the TG Team and not through membership subscriptions or any other club funds ;)