Forge Motorsport Action Day

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Muffin, I've been on Briskoda since 2007 though only really active in the last couple of years. I've currently got a couple of facelift vRS's one diesel one petrol, both yellow to match the storm. Always been a fan of scoobies, thought the storm was a good way of realising an ambition to own at least part of one!! I'm very active on KentScoobies, who's members have been very supportive and helpful throughout the build process.

Sorry for going off topic, I was hoping for some scooby presence and support at the show, hence the post. In time hopefully your differences will be put aside, after all its the cars and the crac we are all here for. Forum's and clubs can and do coexist in a healthy way, certainly Kent Scoobies seems to enjoy a good relationship with South East Scoobies for example.

Hopefully see a few scoobies at the show :)

[moderator hat off]

Interesting Topic! :tumbleweed:

I'm only left with one small question!

Why is an SIDC RO organising events for another club and not for SIDC?

Communication works two ways! If you need help or support, ask for it! :brickwall:

[moderator hat on]

As for deleting this topic, maybe that'll happen at some point in the future, but at the moment, I believe its important for this discussion to be aired in public so that all members of the forum can see what's going on and any rumours and bad feelings on either side can be laid to rest. In the past these issues were hidden from the members and it clearly didn't do any good! It really is about time we put these issues to rest!

I urge both the SIDC committee and the SW Scoobies to try and sort out the differences for the good of everyone. Together we stand, divided we fall!

how did i miss this thread this is all news to me lol must try and get on and look at more!!! on a more serious note i thought the southwest section was coming along nicely, also it was always noted that if you want equipment all you had to do was ask or pm kim for info in how to go about it also the comment saying kim was not approachable was a bit off she's always does her best to help people as do a lot of the committee, in fact most of the people i have met through the club are all a sound bunch of people ;) i know i have a ro badge for south west and sometimes feel i shouldn't have one as i cant do much to it these days my working hours just dont go with weekday meets that people like, but for the other ro's i thought you seem to be doing a good job for the southwest, as for this new club when hell did that come about?

Nice to meet you today B33fy, hope you get the Storm sorted, she looked a cracker!

You too criddy, found the problem with the Storm, believe it or not a jubilee clip!! holding on one of the cycle wings, it was digging in the tyre. We did the tyre pressures first thing and as a result the little clearance between the tyre and the fixing was no more, The tail of the jubilee clip caught the tyre and dug into it big time though freed up a bit every time it dropped into a groove as the tyre rotated, hence the irratic steering!!

Edited by b33fy

You too criddy, found the problem with the Storm, believe it or not a jubilee clip!! holding on one of the cycle wings, it was digging in the tyre. We did the tyre pressures first thing and as a result the little clearance between the tyre and the fixing was no more, The tail of the jubilee clip caught the tyre and dug into it big time though freed up a bit every time it dropped into a groove as the tyre rotated, hence the irratic steering!!

Although a little scary at least it was a simple thing and you'll be able to enjoy her again. Especially now the sun is out for a couple of days or not completed IVA test yet?

Although a little scary at least it was a simple thing and you'll be able to enjoy her again. Especially now the sun is out for a couple of days or not completed IVA test yet?

Thanks Criddy, its not IVA'ed yet the number plate was for the benefit of the scrutineers! Never thought of the car as a he or she I suppose it fits as a she cause its been a right bitch to get working. :)

Hahah matty packet mixes...... its no tescos i work in lad .... stuff doesnt turn up frozen in a box or ready made and we just add water or defrost it... all scratch by hand 16kilo doughs .. weigh outmeasuring all ingreidents.. unless we just kamakazi and roughly gues .have to make 460rolls in 25mins thats a rough guideline out of a 16kilo mix. cut by hand .mould by hand tray up by hand .

same with all cream crap gateaus sponges .cakes doughnuts pancakes hotplate crap.. by hand son ;-)

I was a baker before morrisons and wldnt even call some morrisons bakers actual bakers as they only do a 6week college course learning basic stuff .. yet when i done my trainin was nearly 5year apprenticeship.. the industry and training now is a joke and lots of big places seem to be going down the premix or ready made frozen route and geting round the advertising route of saying "FRESHLY BAKED IN STORE" when yeah it comes in frozen and freshly baked for 10mins... not freshly made from scratch then baked .. all part the reason im trying to get out of the industry after 13years. ive had new so called 6week bakers that dont even know how to make a croissant from scratch or something as simple as aberdeen butterys... and this is where the industry is heading its a joke like.. rant over haha

never tried cornish pasties tho or any pies . Not allowed to do that stuff . always fancied doing pies etc givin them a try especialy after watching the baker brothers programme on channel 4earlier this year . stuff looked Good.

think i might go home and do some banna+bounty flavoured muffins when i finish the day .. would do cupcakes but dont have the deep tins in the house for them.

Btw matty hope you ken i wasnt havin a dig at you just tryin to wind you up squire bit of banter . Ive seen the pics of ur stuff you do tho never had a chance of sampling and know the effort and time it takes to make the stuff aswel as personal cost incurred for ingredients.. prices keep going up and up which doesnt help.wee suggestion could be tryng.to buy bulk from somewhere like costco helps keep costs down . If i did offend you il happily take some HUMBLE PIE if you fancy making it :-P.

joking aside im sure the folks appreciate the effort on your part for the items you produce

Aye we do the foccacias. bitbof a pain and dont realy sell. .we do the rosemerry and rock salt or olive ones. first thing we do because the proving time is a good couple of hours . once its to the righr size we just use olive oil over the top of it then put holes in with all ten fingers add the rocksalt and rosemerry ontop then stick back in for another 30mins- 1hour to raise it up again as poking the holes in it with our fingers knocks the dough back so need to prove it up again. then in oven for 20mins roughly at 190'c.

Bit of a pain .not as bad as artisan bread as the mixture for that is not far off a thick cake mix.. need to use alot of flour with that . very soft and runny and again another double proving mixture and have to work quick but softly with it so u dont knock all the air our of it.

sour doughs a two day bad boy aswel. get it mixed leave the dough over night and then remix and bake the next day ..