Peak District Run 22Nd July

Hi all,

In order for Nick and myself to finalise arrangements for the Peak District Run we need to be able to gauge how many people are interested in attending.

Rough plan for the day is as follows:

Europa Subaru in Sheffield have been kind enough to offer for us to meet at their premises. They are the Pro-R dealer for Yorkshire and will hopefully have some of the cars available on the day which may well be joining us on the run. There has also been an offer of breakfast so we can start the day off with croissants and coffee! :-D

Details of the route will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks but will definitely include Snake Pass (which was listed as one of the best driving roads in the UK by Autotrader in 2009) and the Ladybower Reservoir which will make the perfect backdrop for a photo opportunity.

If you are interested in joining us please add your name to the list.

Hope to see you there,

Rach.

1. Little Vodka Goblin

2. Goofy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - I have been informed that Ladybower may not be possible as it is closed to motorists in the Summer (BOO HISS - spoilsports lol). I have planned a rough route of around 60 miles which will entail approximately 2 hours driving (stop offs excluded) and will still take in Snake Pass and of course some beautiful views too for that all important photo shoot. I am also looking to find a nice pub with a decent sized car park for those of us who would like a bite to eat once the run is completed.

I have spoken with Tony at Europa today and the more people we can get to attend the more they are willing to put on for us - so come on get your names down asap :P

Can you add me to the list sounds like a good day out and a chance to meet you all, i live at the fox and hounds pub at marsh lane eckington S21 5RH if you want to use this as a stop off at the end of the run, we do a nice sunday dinner and have a play area for the kids, my wife will put on some free chip butties if people prefer. The carpark is fairly big but does get busy on sundays depending what time we would get back.

Just thought i would offer anyway but either way i will be on the run :-)

Trying to get my mates to come too but i will update when i know for sure if he will make it.

Can you add me to the list sounds like a good day out and a chance to meet you all, i live at the fox and hounds pub at marsh lane eckington S21 5RH if you want to use this as a stop off at the end of the run, we do a nice sunday dinner and have a play area for the kids, my wife will put on some free chip butties if people prefer. The carpark is fairly big but does get busy on sundays depending what time we would get back.

Just thought i would offer anyway but either way i will be on the run :-)

Trying to get my mates to come too but i will update when i know for sure if he will make it.

That's a fantastic offer, thank you ever so much - I'm sure plenty of us will take you up on the offer of free chip butties :thumbup:

I was looking at stopping off for a quick drink and a few piccies at the Ladybower Inn towards the end of the run and then heading back towards Sheffield so it'll be easy for those that want to head off home, those of us who want something to eat can head over to your place from there - sound like a plan?

That's a fantastic offer, thank you ever so much - I'm sure plenty of us will take you up on the offer of free chip butties :thumbup:

I was looking at stopping off for a quick drink and a few piccies at the Ladybower Inn towards the end of the run and then heading back towards Sheffield so it'll be easy for those that want to head off home, those of us who want something to eat can head over to your place from there - sound like a plan?

Sounds like a plan to me :occasion14:

Been in the pub just over a year now and not had any car meets up there yet so would be nice to see a selection of scoobies gracing the car park :headbang: