South-West Chat (Formerly Devon)

It was indeed and we turned those funny little aliens into these -

post-13167-0-76395700-1345652438.jpg

Suet pastry with savoury filling at one end and sweet at the other!

I bet it can't whistle like a clanger male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000073-large.gif

Wasn't the original Cornish pastie sweet and savoury for eating down the mines???

Although the official pasty has a specific ingredients list, old Cornish cookery books show that pasties were generally made from whatever food was available.[21] Indeed, the earliest recorded pasty recipes include venison, not beef.[20] "Pasty" has always been a generic name for the shape and can contain a variety of fillings, including stilton, vegetarian and even chicken tikka.[21] Pork and apple pasties are readily available in shops throughout Cornwall and Devon, with the ingredients including an apple flavoured sauce, mixed together throughout the pasty, as well as sweet pasties with ingredients such as apple and fig or chocolate and banana, which are common in some areas of Cornwall.[14]

A part-savoury, part-sweet pasty (similar to the Bedfordshire clanger) was eaten by miners in the 19th century, in the copper mines on Parys Mountain, Anglesey. The technician who did the research and discovered the recipe claimed that the recipe was probably taken to Anglesey by Cornish miners travelling to the area looking for work.[39] No two-course pasties are commercially produced in Cornwall today,[40] but are usually the product of amateur cooks.[36]

Hi all,

Just thought i'd introduce myself, i currently live in huish Episcopi nr Langport in Somerset and would like to start going to more meets and getting to know more of the members. I am only in Somerset at weekends as i work in Aylesbury Bucks during the week!

I look forward to meeting and speaking with the Southwest crew and maybe even throwing back a few!!!

Oh and my real names Mark!!

:occasion14:

Hi all,

Just thought i'd introduce myself, i currently live in huish Episcopi nr Langport in Somerset and would like to start going to more meets and getting to know more of the members. I am only in Somerset at weekends as i work in Aylesbury Bucks during the week!

I look forward to meeting and speaking with the Southwest crew and maybe even throwing back a few!!!

Oh and my real names Mark!!

:occasion14:

Welcome Mark, theres a few of us not far from you in Taunton and Bridgwater. Hope you can make it to our September meet. :English-flag: