2008 2011 340R Performance Pack

• 3 weeks later...

so I need £995 (incl VAT) to go from 320ps to 340ps

hmmmm, I think I'll keep as i am for now.

what increase does the ProR air filter give me anyway?

Phil it's not so much the power increase but the TORQUE increase from 332Lbft @ 3400rpm for the 320R to over 360Lbft @3600rpm for the 340R

Makes a big difference.

............and it's warranty friendly :occasion14:

Edited by don

That is not a big increase for a grand imho, but hey, I do not have one of those new fangled thingies, just an old Hawkeye WRX with only 340lb/ft. Cost me around £2k to get from 234 to 340. But the torquey things do make a big difference to progress along the highway!

That is not a big increase for a grand imho, but hey, I do not have one of those new fangled thingies, just an old Hawkeye WRX with only 340lb/ft. Cost me around £2k to get from 234 to 340. But the torquey things do make a big difference to progress along the highway!

Unfortunately comparing like for like doesn't work as "just an old Hawkeye" or a "new fangled thingy" still requires a freer flowing exhaust which is the major cost of the upgrade + it keeps it warranty.

How much of your £2K was spent on exhaust upgrades and is it still warranty friendly ????

Unfortunately comparing like for like doesn't work as "just an old Hawkeye" or a "new fangled thingy" still requires a freer flowing exhaust which is the major cost of the upgrade + it keeps it warranty.

How much of your £2K was spent on exhaust upgrades and is it still warranty friendly ????

True, mine is out of warranty. I waited till warranty was out and upgraded from the PPP stuff which did very little compared to the more recent mods. I did the air in and exhaust out, fuel pump and remap. Just having a laugh with you guys really. The Hatch I saw at Ashburton with this upgrade was very good!

torque on the 330s... 347 lb/ft

I don't think a £1000 for another 13 will it feel much different, will it?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Subaru-Impreza-330S-CAR-review/

Statistics 330s

How much? £30,345

On sale in the UK: Now

Engine: 2457cc 16v turbo flat four, 325bhp @ 5400rpm, 347lb ft torque @ 3400rpm

Transmission: Six-speed manual, four-wheel drive

Performance: 4.8sec 0-62mph, 155mph, 23.7mpg, 281g/km CO2

How heavy / made of? 1505kg/steel

How big (length/width/height in mm)? 4415/1740/1475

Edited by salsa-king

torque on the 330s... 347 lb/ft

I don't think a £1000 for another 13 will it feel much different, will it?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Subaru-Impreza-330S-CAR-review/

Statistics 330s

How much? £30,345

On sale in the UK: Now

Engine: 2457cc 16v turbo flat four, 325bhp @ 5400rpm, 347lb ft torque @ 3400rpm

Transmission: Six-speed manual, four-wheel drive

Performance: 4.8sec 0-62mph, 155mph, 23.7mpg, 281g/km CO2

How heavy / made of? 1505kg/steel

How big (length/width/height in mm)? 4415/1740/1475

Phil,

Wouldn't have thought doing it on a 330s was worthwhile either, it already comes with a freer flowing backbox as part of the prodrive package.

Impreza WRX STI 330S Brings Back The Burble

The new Impreza WRX STI 330S also benefits from a Prodrive Performance pack with modified ECU and exhaust system - this time with paired twin 90 mm diameter stainless steel exhaust pipes to bring back the burble so loved by 'scooby' fans.

Power goes up to 330 PS at only 5,400 rpm compared to the 300.5 PS at 6,000 rpm of the standard model.

Torque is boosted from 300.2 lb ft at 4,000 rpm to 346.6 lb ft at a lower 3,400 rpm making for an even swifter, effortless driving experience.

Top speed is the same 155.3 mph but the 0-60 mph time drops from an already swift 4.8 seconds to only 4.4 seconds.

Expected to be priced at around £30,000 OTR, the new Impreza WRX STI 330S has an especially luxurious specification - even compared to the already well-equipped standard STI which costs £26,595 OTR.

Upgrades include leather-covered Recaro front seats, satellite navigation, Smart-entry and push-button start.

Visually, the new special-edition sports new five-spoke 18x8.5 ins alloy wheels wearing 245/40 R18 tyres. It will be available in the full range of STI colours.

Standard equipment on the Impreza WRX STI includes a six-speed gearbox, Si-Drive giving three different engine response modes, a Multi-mode Driver Control Centre Differential, Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control and - of course - symmetrical all-wheel drive with front and rear limited-slip differentials.

Phil it's not so much the power increase but the TORQUE increase from 332Lbft @ 3400rpm for the 320R to over 360Lbft @3600rpm for the 340R

Makes a big difference.

............and it's warranty friendly :occasion14:

I agree not massively different but Great soundtrack and warrany friendly :D

Phil I'd of thought the 330s upgrade to 340 would ony need a flash remap!!!! so not that expensive....surely.......oh well maybe it is as we are talking subaru ;)

Tony

I was told by a dealer all the 'new' STI's don't have the engine problem it was just some early hatch's that had been thrashed by their owners! Then i went home and called Litchfield Imports and bought a car from there. Whenever i mentioned 'engine issues' at the dealer he was straight down the Subaru UK/IM line of it's all the owners fault, thrashed, etc. It's all been fixed by an ECU tweak according to the sales guy at my local dealership, he couldn't say how an ECU tweak could solve the problem of chocolate pistons, ringland failure or anything.... it's just been fixed.

Edited for a bit of clarity

Edited by davey l wrx

I was told by a dealer all the 'new' STI's don't have the engine problem it was just some early hatch's that had been thrashed by their owners! Then i went home and called Litchfield Imports. Whenever i mentioned 'engine issues' he was straight down the Subaru UK/IM line of it's all the owners fault, thrashed, etc. It's all been fixed by an ECU tweak according to the sales guy at my local dealership, he couldn't say how an ECU tweak could solve the problem of chocolate pistons, ringland failure or anything.... it's just been fixed.

You're opening up a bit of a hornets nest but AFAIK the initial problem was an OEM mapping problem at or about WOT.

The "problem" seems to have been cured by running the map slightly richer at the top end to add some degree of protection and for "normal" use seems to be the answer.

Don, i was tempted with a nice new STI, big boot spoiler and power upgrade. But for a lot less i got a nice car from Litchfields with 400bhp and half the tax. I haven't heard of any recent STI's having an engine issue,i only repeated what i was told by the dealer. I didn't open the hornets nest someone else mentioned engine failure!!!