2008 2011 340R Performance Pack

Dealers will tell you anything! :P

Just repeating what i read in another topic by a subaru mechanic.

Lol, he wasn't selling me anything ;)

From what I understand, the issues are less prevalent in the 330s because it's been mapped for more power and as such the factory map has been replaced so it doesn't run lean at high revs... I think. It was a while back so I may well be remembering that slightly wrong.

Well with all the issues with the 2.5 engine and I owned a JDM 2.0tr for the lat 6 years and 30kmiles. it was not an easy step for me to loose shed loads of Power and go for a new UK 2.5ltr Saloon :wacko:

Most the people I know in the scooby world, know how I drive and how hard I'm on a car :driving: but also repect how well I treat them with constant oil changes, Best oils, Best fuels, cool down and warm up. eccential for a prolonged life ;)

BUT all bar none said that my 2.5ltr engine wouldn't last over the 2,000 mile mark and one garage said they had a 2.0ltr Cossy all ready with my name on it :love:

The 320R and the 340r maps seen to be the Dogs dangly's and the cars is now well over 5K miles without missing a beat :headbang:

You're opening up a bit of a hornets nest but AFAIK the initial problem was an OEM mapping problem at or about WOT.

I also agree although I do a few high speed runs on my Track, 6th gear WOT has and will be the highest strain on an engine, this could play apart in the "Let's see what it can do" brigade.

But to be fair I do know 2 or 3 "Enthusiasts" that engines have blown and wouldn't even fitted an air fresher just in case it effected warranty and they all drive like miss daisey probably doubt if they ever got over 4krpm, better suited to a Focus desiel :icon_hang: LOL so definately not clear cut. there will always be "mechanical" failures thats life.

IMHO the new 2011 engine has had a few tweaks, they know the first new FBW 2008 wide band ECU maps were @@@@ and learning all the time ;)

Mike Wood is now mapping all the new cars IIRC :icon_pray: and if an engine goes it will be just from a component failure rather than a sh1te map IMHO

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Save me starting a new thread

I'm wanting a WRX STI newshape Impreza could you owner give me any tips what to look for and what are the common issues, i know like has been said all you hear is the bad problems but i genuinely havent heard anything hugely bad.

Cant be as bad as my current Octavia Vrs 11 months of ownership 13 major issues 2 of which are still ongoing arguments with Skoda UK the clutch and steering rack admittedly not cheap items but not something to fail in a 3 yr old car and i have now had enough of it.

Save me starting a new thread

I'm wanting a WRX STI newshape Impreza could you owner give me any tips what to look for and what are the common issues, i know like has been said all you hear is the bad problems but i genuinely havent heard anything hugely bad.

Cant be as bad as my current Octavia Vrs 11 months of ownership 13 major issues 2 of which are still ongoing arguments with Skoda UK the clutch and steering rack admittedly not cheap items but not something to fail in a 3 yr old car and i have now had enough of it.

• The depth boot space is a bit of a disappiontment although all the rear seats do fold down.
  • The boot hinges still invade the bootspace
  • No Scooby noise but the 340R package does give a remap and a great soundtrack :D (ultra quiet iscommon to a new Hatch)
  • The STD pioneer 340BT unit is @@@@@@@@@@@@ diabolical :( get it upgraded

Tony

• 1 year later...