i bought a 2.0 block of pistonheads recently with not a lot of milage on it ,as a few of you know my bottom end had a fair wee rattle coming of it.so a replacement block had to be put in as i had piled up in the garage all the mods to take me well into the 300hp region , vf 35 tmic etc etc . anyway got the block in eventualy it was started run about in for a few days and began to rattle even worse than the old original block turns out the crank is tighter than a natts chuff. so moral of the story here buy cheap buy twice . now definately going down the road of a brand new 2.5 block nae second hand shi*e . roger clark is my first choice from sourcing a block , if anyone knows any where else i can find one yell out . my original plan was to put a 2.5 block in ......... fu**ing should have done in the first place :tumbleweed:

kenny

now definately going down the road of a brand new 2.5 block nae second hand shi*e . roger clark is my first choice from sourcing a block , if anyone knows any where else i can find one yell out . my original plan was to put a 2.5 block in ......... fu**ing should have done in the first place :tumbleweed:

kenny

Sorry to hear that Kenny, I've just been looking at the same thing myself - it's not cheap, is it??

i bought a 2.0 block of pistonheads recently with not a lot of milage on it ,as a few of you know my bottom end had a fair wee rattle coming of it.so a replacement block had to be put in as i had piled up in the garage all the mods to take me well into the 300hp region , vf 35 tmic etc etc . anyway got the block in eventualy it was started run about in for a few days and began to rattle even worse than the old original block turns out the crank is tighter than a natts chuff. so moral of the story here buy cheap buy twice . now definately going down the road of a brand new 2.5 block nae second hand shi*e . roger clark is my first choice from sourcing a block , if anyone knows any where else i can find one yell out . my original plan was to put a 2.5 block in ......... fu**ing should have done in the first place ;)

kenny

give steve at sw motorsport a ring, am sur he can sort you out with a forged 2.5 :);)

SW Motorsport done the rebuild on a mates car, fully forged bottom end. He couldn't recommend him enough so your in good hands if you take it there.

Well kenny that is a box of frogs indeee just no luck at the moment I'm sure it will change very soon when you drop the 2.5 in Sw done my last engine with the 2.5 and pulled like a train made 550 bhp at 1.6 bar .. And was vert torquey too, all the best you deserve some good luck now...

Chris

thanks for all the comments guys, once im back home ill give the various recommendations a bell and see where we go from there , thanks again ;)

kenny

dont know if any one has mentioned them but api are good i got my engine sent down to them they replaced the wrx bottom end with a sti and sent it back to get fitted