After 5 And A Half Years ......

I am no longer a Subaru owner as of 8pm this evening.

I have some pretty incredible memories that will stay with me forever. My first lap of Knockhill. The Glenshee photo shoot run - particularly watching Sharon keep up in a sport, and then myself and Fastscooby getting airborn when passing a land cruiser. The suicidal sheep between Sanqhuar and Crawford John when I was somehow put in charge of the "medium" pace group. I don't know Jimser ever did recover from that experience! Racing Craig_WRX at Crail until my clutch wasn't on speaking terms with me. Nights at the Kwang Tung with Peter, Jim, Grant, Diesel, Nanaki and the others who appeared. Cost me a fortune but made a chinese man faster. Richard Burns relay too.

I was also delighted to be part of the McRae Gathering, but as I said at the time - I'd rather that day had never needed to happen.

Winston and the goats too.

All of these share one common thing - Scottish Scoobies and the SIDC as a whole.

So my friends in Subaru I say this from the bottom of my heart - thank you. It's been a blast.

All good things come to an end mate, onwards and upwards!

Brilliant time over the years with yourself though. From photography, to pax laps in your beast (best laps I've had aroud kh in a scooby!). You will get over it, it really isn't that hard (after the first couple of months) :occasion14:

Still do miss all mine a bit, especially when it comes to corners, fwd just isn't the same...

Chin up mate, life is too short to be upset about a car.

I'll keep my Admin role as long as they want me to. I'm a lazy admin though, the hardworking mods to the good work.

As far as the next car - not decided yet. Moving to something sensible for a while. Got the use of a smashing 51 plate 1.4 5 door Civic at the moment. No one expects it to be hustle quite like I manage :occasion14:

I'm sure I'll be back one day though. Never leaves the blood surely?

It's gone to a friend of Davey from DR Motorsport. He's got a classic at the moment and when he came to see the car I was pretty happy that it sounded like it was going to a good home.

I've told the new owner to take the bung out when he's feeling brave. I'm sure it'll crack him right up!

Good luck mate. If your buyer has a pal who is looking for a Scooby, send him my way will you. I doubt I'll miss mine when it goes; lost interest about a year ago to be honest. I don't even drive it now, the wife uses it for going back and forth to work.

It's gone to a friend of Davey from DR Motorsport. He's got a classic at the moment and when he came to see the car I was pretty happy that it sounded like it was going to a good home.

I've told the new owner to take the bung out when he's feeling brave. I'm sure it'll crack him right up!

First thing he did was phone me last night to say he'd picked it up, after the problems with his insurance.

But if he's not removed the bung by the time I see the car next, I'll take it out without telling him. :occasion14:

I think I'm going to end up with his old classic, for a while anyway.

That will seem a bit weird, since I was it's very first owner back in 1997.

I'll not be leaving. Not whilst there's the occasional troll to bait, and arguments over the difference between brands of camera to have!

I'll have another Subaru again one day, I'm sure about that. But I'm going to get myself something chock full of toys that does 70mpg now :occasion14:

I'll not be leaving. Not whilst there's the occasional troll to bait, and arguments over the difference between brands of camera to have!

I'll have another Subaru again one day, I'm sure about that. But I'm going to get myself something chock full of toys that does 70mpg now :occasion14:

Likewise, although mine doesn't quite do 70mpg. Not far off the STi to be honest in terms of mpg.

As for toys, woohoo, lots to play with. Squeeks and rattles? What squeeks and rattles :thumbup:

I'll have another Subaru again one day, I'm sure about that. But I'm going to get myself something chock full of toys that does 70mpg now :thumbup:

good to hear you wont be leaving us altogether big chap,and i'm sure you will survive without a subaru.............for a while at least,no doubt i'll bump into you at a hillclimb or similar before long. :occasion14:

good to hear you wont be leaving us altogether big chap,and i'm sure you will survive without a subaru.............for a while at least,no doubt i'll bump into you at a hillclimb or similar before long. :occasion14:

Certainly will Marky. Probably be down at kames the weekend after this one for the sprints.

Stephen...

It has been a blast and thanks for the kind words.I actually feel tearfull now.

SIDC will always remain within the people that put so much into it.

I'm sure you will want a shot gun in my car "WHEN" its finished so please don't be a stranger.