Rant: Whats Wrong With You Lot?

hmmm no exageration now, i hardly ever use this site, but i think i had my wrx for about year and a half now, and EVERY scoob aproaching, any type, gets right up my ass or, if in front, boots it for a race? now...im not one for waving or what ever at scoobs passing by (thats just my choice, no prob against it) but i stand firmly by it now, quite an embarrasment at times owning one, i see why you have your bad reputation, or is this the new thing your doing now? i quite fancy a change of car soon anyway (this aint the reason!!! lol)

might just be my area full of essex chavs/inbreds. surely all cant be like this but its every bloody one i come across?? :)

evo people seem nice :DB):P

hmmm no exageration now, i hardly ever use this site, but i think i had my wrx for about year and a half now, and EVERY scoob aproaching, any type, gets right up my ass or, if in front, boots it for a race? now...im not one for waving or what ever at scoobs passing by (thats just my choice, no prob against it) but i stand firmly by it now, quite an embarrasment at times owning one, i see why you have your bad reputation, or is this the new thing your doing now? i quite fancy a change of car soon anyway (this aint the reason!!! lol)

might just be my area full of essex chavs/inbreds. surely all cant be like this but its every bloody one i come across?? :)

evo people seem nice B):P:lol:

shouldnt tar everyone with the same Brush mate..................... :D

might just be my area full of essex chavs/inbreds. surely all cant be like this but its every bloody one i come across?? :D

Sounds like that could be the reason mate!

Up at the other end of the country seems to be a completely different story.. I get let out of side streets in the scoob more than any other car I drive and get subtle waves from random people I've never met, not even other Subaru drivers! B)

There are a few local impreza drivers who drive their scoobs like their pants are of fire but AFAIK none of them are on this site :)

shouldnt tar everyone with the same Brush mate..................... :)

I agree Ed, I've got a classic & always wave at others not matter what model they own.

What's the point in racing anyway (Off the track) we all know how fast the cars own & take pride in ownership, I certainly wouldn't want to risk my licence/life

Andy

I agree Ed, I've got a classic & always wave at others not matter what model they own.

What's the point in racing anyway (Off the track) we all know how fast the cars own & take pride in ownership, I certainly wouldn't want to risk my licence/life

Andy

:) Andy

In my experience it does tend to be classic scooby owners that give it the big one all the time. Rarely a newage driver tries it on. Thats not to say that all newage drivers are any better. There are tools driving every model of every car on the road. Always will be.

My biggest gripe with owning my scoob is how my rear spoiler seems to be a red flag to a bull. Seems everyman and his dog wants to try and race me. Even a volvo not too long ago! I mean WTF :o

But then there are drives when the road is quiet, the car is feeling great and i can enjoy the moment ;)

there are a few classics round this way that race all over the place, i poodle along at the speed limit and if anyone tail gates me i make a point of looking back and laughing..........unless they are in something faster than mine lol

i feel that because you can pick a classic up for pennies (might not be any good) that a lot of young boy racers are getting them and giving us bad names.

i have a classic mini and thats the same full of people waving etc etc, i wave at imprezas when passing, you can normally tell the ones that will wave back, i think there is a lack of enthusiasts around my area, just lots of owners who dont look after the car and basicly trash it and give the few enthusiasts around here (me being one of them) a bad name

anyone who owns a impreza just cos its another car shouldnt have one, you have to have a passion for the car, be that looking after it and track days what ever makes you happy

some people may think thats sad but just the way i am with my cars and hopefully black tiger will not leave the subaru fold because of a few idiots over that way.

cheers

Never really seen any scooby drivers bahaving that badly but there are some very chavy examples especially classics as they are so cheap now (No idea how they afford the insurance!). Thats speaking as a classic driver too... The really a***s seem to be driving vans, civics, astras, corsa and "fast fords".

might just be my area full of essex chavs/inbreds. surely all cant be like this but its every bloody one i come across?? :o

evo people seem nice ;):lol::D

oooo aint you the sensitive one...... you feel better now you've let off steam poppet ? ;) LMFAO!!

And no the Evo drivers are no better, I've owned one, and had every situation you descirbed above from an Evo driver..... Also their board is full of s****!!!!

Nobody bother's me. I must be invisible in a Wagon ;) . I get the nod or a wave from oncoming Subaru which

as said above, gives a nice warm feeling. Also being an old git I wouldn't lower myself to such antics :o

Well not til' I get a remap :lol:

Guest sti3_lewak

I wave at everyone classic and new age.

I guess that the price of a classic is so low that lots of young lads that call them selfs "Boy Racers" can afford them.

I drive a classic as i find that they are the best of them all. Though slowly liking the New Age 09 Plates :o

If some one drives up my a*** i would just slow down more until they pass me or i will pull over. Racing should be left on track. Not to say the odd blast in a safe place is ok.

Rant Over ;)

I've been waving at every scoob i've seen since owning one, but only ever seem to get glaring stares back. Perhaps it's the just people of Peterborough.

I'd drive further a field, but not sure i can afford the fuel! :o

Are there a lot of purists in the scooby world who look down on those who mod? I have a couple of mods on mine, and the cars i've waved at didn't.

Its an interesting point. I remembered the day i picked up my wagon. Within 20 minutes someone put their hand up. By the end of the week it had happened every day. I ended up taking people out in my car just so they could see those silly nerdy subaru drivers waving just because I had the same car!

Now i get offended when someone misses me ... ok I dont, it happens a lot, feckin hatch! I wave at everyone.

Doesnt stop a***s over taking you in situations does it Monki? (!!!! White Type R Castle Combe !!! Get a grip you fooool!!)

In wales there is a big mix of classics and newage wavers.......I was also thinking when I got my first scoob....why is everyone waving at me.......but after my mate told me the crack I just joined in and its become a bit of a thing now.

As for every scoob racing well thats prob just your area.........not that I don't get a scoob or GTI'r or evo up my a*** now and again coz it happens in south wales to..........I normally just laugh and think to myself If you knew whats under the bonnet you would really not bother as you'd get embarassed........however in a safe area when its quiet I'd very rarely just puty my foot down and go and watch them try to keep up

Agree with the majority though racing is for track only...........

Wave and smile at them all as they overtake you doing the speed limit... only drive the way you want to guys... lets all just rise above it... most only race to see how much faster yours is so dont humour them.

I wave at most performace cars coming other way and most wave back if they see me . I think we are a dieing breed with fuel taxes etc at least we could stick together ...yes?

I think its a load of bolloks if you all say you don't race!! if a little chav in his saxo, civic or what ever he has goes up your ass I want to floor it just to make a statement cos they obviously think they have a better/faster car and its a great pleasure to show them they don't..

When I say "race" I mean pulling away to show them up! and then just leave it, whilst chuckling to myself as they sit a fair distance behind you probably quite embarressed..after all what's the point in owning a scoob if your going to drive 30mph everywhere? you might as well buy a shed if you want to do that! a scoob is a drivers car not a 'sunday' drivers car!!