Icelandic Volcanoe Havoc

My work revolves around picking up cabin crew and passengers etc, in the last 48hrs i've driven:

Glasgow to Stranraer

Stranraer to Birmingham

Birmingham to Glasgow

Glasgow to Manchester

Manchester to Gatwick

Gatwick to Glasgow

None stop, left Glasgow at 7.30pm Friday night, got home 11pm last night, 1650miles total with only stopping for fuel, toilet and picking up / dropping off... passed Prodrive a couple of times too :thumbup:

Edited by mic

Well flights cancelled from offshore again today. Talk of a weather window on friday which to be honest is b******s as i think it has been completly blown out of proportion by the press as always :lol:

How many programmes have you seen on discovery with choppers flying around an erupting volcanoe?

I am out in Athens working, all our planes are flying but anything going into northern europe have been cancelled. Hope it is cleared up before I am due back on the 28th dont want to miss Ingliston :lol:

Edited by Arch

Yep, other half was working in Gulf of Mexico on a rig.

Managed to get off it last Wednesday and then been stuck in New Orleans ever since :thumbup:

Supposedly getting flight to Memphis then Amsterdam but they've cancelled the flight to edin from amsterdam :@

Jeez seems like he's never getting home! Was considering a drive...but the ferries are all booked up!!

As mentioned above...the joys of double time is great but then it's steadily wearing off now!!!!

Re: the helicopters... thought this dust was all up 18,000 ft odds? Didn't think rotary wings could go that high...

Nail on head Glyn i got home today after 6 days. The ash was at 50k feet the first day it happened. Nobody flies that high. Our choppers fly offshore at 3k feet and inbound at 2k feet for obvios reasons