Project R500

Well after using the car every day for the last 20 months or so iv decided to make it more off a toy for trackdays and weekend blasts only.

So I bought myself a sensible car which i did this to the day i picked it up :thumbup:

pugtree.jpg

Aquired myself a nice little barn to work on the car about 1/2 a mile from the house :lol:

Plan will be to strip it to a bare shell.

Fit a weld in cage from custom cages

Carry out a few custom body modifications to loose as much weight as possible and aid aerodynamics.

Paint the whole car inside and out

Also have to strip my CDB and send it away for a bit of 2.1 treatment.

140220100562.jpg

I also need to aquire full DCCD drivetrain setup to be fitted with straight cut synchro PPG gear set.

Started stripping the car today.

RB5002-1.jpg

RB5001-1.jpg

Still undecided on set up for Turbo, fuelling and heads

Edited by ciaranrb5
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you keeping it the same colour though?

Of course I am best subaru colour there is. It will still look RB5 like just witha cage and no interior and slightly

more oomph B)

Notsosmall yes it does need more than t-cut. Been at the PUG today this is how it looks so far

should be back together and painted 2moro hopefully.

Found out the rear axel is bent as well now :thumbup:

pugrepair.jpg

Glad everybody like the project name B)

Edited by ciaranrb5
Nice one all the best and good luck alot of work to be put into the car..keep us updated with the stages love thease projects . :brickwall:

Your project aint looking to bad eigther I have to admit i just don't have the

disposible income to be able to compete :brickwall:. 90% of my build will be done by me/mates :P

Had a few bits arrive V6 sti heads which bit getting a port and polish and a different set of cams. Planned where to locate the custom made aquamist water injection resevoir.

Put the CDB on the stand ready for stripping.

bought an angle grinder along with various disks and a wire brush attachment.

As if i didn't have enough to do with the car i bought myself this as another project

19032010067.jpg

Also got my runabout finished and back on the road

19032010065.jpg

19032010066.jpg

You would hardly know it had been damaged apart from the bloody drip when on the motorway in torrential rain ggrrr

Question. What is the best method of removing sound proofing?

Edited by ciaranrb5
No more of a drip than you ;)

Touche!

On a more serious note - in trying to answer your question rather than thread-jack - Rich or Barry (Cullenmin or badbaz) are probably the guys in the know having done it recently... but I suspect from their pics that there ain't no short-cuts. Get them sleeves rolled up!