Project R500

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Well my main worry has been that when i fit a big turbo that car will become a lag beast. So I have looked various options to reduce this. VVT heads were an option but rather expensive. Im just going for the theory that the shorter the intercooler pipework the less there lag will be. Purchased this, experts will notice the subtle difference with this over a normal inlet manifold :needpics:

reverseinlet.jpg

Also sold all peugeots I owned the 206hdi, 306 diesel and 306 Rallye and bought a decent runabout

newgolf.jpg

Also bought another Impreza which will be used for a bit of fun till the other Impreza is finished as it may be a while and I miss the burble :D No pics till i come back from offshore on the 30th

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have realy missed the burble while im building my project so bought my self this

sti2.jpg

sti1.jpg

Used to belong to coulty on here.

Rough spec for those who don't know

STI V2

Forged 2.1

TD05/06 20g

3" decat

Running Apexi ECU

Brakes AP racing 6 pots :)

Straight cut PPG gearbox to be fitted in due course

I have been having a few issues with emmissions but today it finally passed the MOT :)

Car requires a remap due to me changing from a Mafsim to a Z32 MAF.

Mapping on monday to suit this and a 20% methanol mix ;)

Hoping for high 300's which will keep me happy till The other car is finished

Only thing getting done is the front end is getting a facelift with a set of Morrette twin headlights.

Well decided on a 10% methanol mix. Mapping went very smoothly as always with Andy F. No ideas of actual figures? any ideas folks? Forged 2.1 with TD05 20g 550's with full 3" decat standard heads and mapped for 10% methanol on an Apexi running a Z32 MAF?

Car actually scares me now it's bloody fast up to 10* :)

It will do to run about in till the track car is finished ;)

Well decided on a 10% methanol mix. Mapping went very smoothly as always with Andy F. No ideas of actual figures? any ideas folks? Forged 2.1 with TD05 20g 550's with full 3" decat standard heads and mapped for 10% methanol on an Apexi running a Z32 MAF?

Car actually scares me now it's bloody fast up to 10* :)

It will do to run about in till the track car is finished ;)

Did you not ask Andy what he thought? I should have thought he would be rather well placed to tell you.. :huh:

You are looking at 400+ I would think.

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally getting somewhere new project name R500

Runabout

Managed to break 5th gear, lasted a total of 400 miles after mapping :angry: hopefully have the PPG box fitted so I can have a play at Crail this weekend see If i can set a new Personal best, 14.6 to beat recon I should manage that :rotfl:

R500

Managed to source subframes and hubs for the 2 door. These will be getting fitted to get the shell rolling so it can go for it's cage.

Also sourced a GT30R turbo, another closed deck block which will be going for a few alterations, another set of wheels so now I have 3 sets of 17's and 2 set of 18's why i don't know :blink:

Will get cracking the beginning of next week and WILL have the car fully ready to go for the cage before i go back to work on the 23rd ;)

It probably won't be going to get the cage till 2011 as an expensive time of year coming up :(

Have decided now to stow the RB5 away somewhere safe and it will live to fight another day as it's far to rare to break into millions of bits.

Edited by ciaranrb5

Glad things are coming along, what build are you going for 2.1 ect the Gt30 is a great turbo, when it was on my 2.5 made full boost by 2800 rpm, i see you have been busy buying all the tasty parts of 22b lol keep us posted hopefully see you Sunday..

Going similar engine size to yourself. Me buying all the tasty bits ;)

Nowt else to do when I am offshore.