Project R500

Touche!

On a more serious note - in trying to answer your question rather than thread-jack - Rich or Barry (Cullenmin or badbaz) are probably the guys in the know having done it recently... but I suspect from their pics that there ain't no short-cuts. Get them sleeves rolled up!

no chance il pay somebody else to do it if it takes effort ;)

Speaking of cullenmin whats happening with his car?

Edited by ciaranrb5
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no chance il pay somebody else to do it if it takes effort ;)

Speaking of cullenmin whats happening with his car?

Firstly - Hammer, chisel, brute force, dont be afraid. It is time consuming so would save you lots of pennies doing it yourself.

Secondly - Use some kind of heavy duty cleaner that will make your head buzz to remove the remaining SD material.

My car will be ready for pick up any day now :rolleyes:

Rich

amazing how Cullenmin just appears when you mention his name, its about time your car was finished. Im loking to have mine back on the road by 2011 so i can't realy say much although mine is getting a fair bit of work done. Hoping to have it to a bare shell by May the it's off for the cage. Would get more done but im in Bloody Copenhagen bloody work crap :)

• 1 month later...

Well planned to get a bit more done on the car this time home but due a volcanic ash cloud shotaning my leave to 8 days i only got a bit done.

Got the dash and interior out

dashhalfout.jpg

Was in a seriously evil mood when removing the dash and got a bit excited

it came out anyway

olddash.jpg

Luckly i have a spare

flockeddash.jpg

Due to having to much spare time offshore I have time to frequent for sale/ group buy sections of forums

and picked up a couple of bits

Swirl pot

swirlpot.jpg

Modine oil cooler

oilcooler.jpg

Oil catch can with -8 return line to sump

oilcatchcan.jpg

Aquamist water injection

aquamist.jpg

V6 sti heads which will be getting a bit of polishing and porting

V6heads.jpg

Seeing as im looking for the CAR :) to loose some weight

I picked this up

carbonboot.jpg

Thats it for now. Plan when i come home again will be to strip the rest of the car to a bare shell in preparation for the cage being fitted.

Edited by ciaranrb5
  • 4 weeks later...

Well due to having no spare time for once iv done nothing to the car of late. Hopefully it will be ready to have the T45 cage fitted by July August time. Got the CDB on the stand and started removing heads etc

Decided that im not messing about so will be going rotated turbo set up straight away

Bought myself some more tools battery 24v impact gun, more spanners as i never seem to be able to find the size i need so decided if i have 4 full sets i should be able to find the correct sizes more easily, would probably help if i didn't leave stuff lying at my a*** all the time :whistle:

Can I just clarify (before anyone asks)...

You're NOT putting the EJ20 in the Pug ARE YOU?

hahahaha!! it can be done!!! i have a honda civic which has full impreza runnin gear!! and lot less weight!!!, i know a guy that has a 206 with the flat 4 in it too!! cars lookin good and should be a fun build.

Well finally did a bit stripped the block down. Was sold as mint and running perfect. Oil was like seriously black water and as you will see below it is mint as the owner thought.

CDB.jpg

I always planned to strip the engine and have it given the 2.1 treatment anyway. But imagine if some poor person had bought it and just fitted it. Just text the guy i bought it off will see what he has to say :)

Difficult to say from yer piccy, but the bore look clean enough... generally a bit of surface oxidation... fixable surely? Or is it all scored and we can't see it?

Can confirm no damage to the bore :icon_butt: Appears to be oil the wrong side of the pistons though indicating worn rings

• 2 weeks later...

Ciaran I got £460 for my 4 pot alcons off my p1 on ebay and that was for the calipers, used ferrodo ds2500 pads, and bells the rotors were knackered. I'd stick them on there. I couldnt believe the price i got for them people from other sites were only offering £250 - £300 for them.

steve

12 pots... Tarox?

Good spot sir!! 4 brake pads in each caliper so hopefully i don't have to replace them to often :thumbup:

Steve yes think the Alcon's will be going on ebay. I though have brand new DS2500 pads also my disk are godspeed 2 piece so only new rotors required for the lucky buyer

• 4 weeks later...

Well a bit done

Interior and doors removed

nodooros.jpg

doorlessns.jpg

nointerior.jpg

Engine bay stripped

enginebaystrip.jpg

And iv decided heaters are for softies :rotfl:

heatersremoved.jpg

I now have to remove the box/engine and then loom and the car will be off for the cage :rotfl:

Project is growing arms and legs as it goes on and the shell is not in ver good nick so i will be getting a bit of welding done

Edited by ciaranrb5
So... it should all be ready by Sunday for Alford then? *lol*

Keep at it mate!

mmmmmmmmm no not quite but just wait till it is finished that will wipe the smirk from your face!!!

at this rate itl take even longer than Rich's car!!!!

and i recognise the white thing lurking in the corner :rotfl:

Probably but when it is finished it will be finished. Remember Rich actually only did the cage and we all know his car ain't finished yet!

The white thing went to the garage today for a few bits before the MOT and then it's at the bodyshop next week for a few touch up's :rotfl:

:rotfl: Rich's car will NEVER be finished, mind you neither will yours,there'l always be another upgrade round the corner mate :rotfl:

stick up a few pics after she's been to the bodyshop, be good to see her fighting fit again! take it your not missing diesel power lol

:rotfl: Rich's car will NEVER be finished, mind you neither will yours,there'l always be another upgrade round the corner mate :D

stick up a few pics after she's been to the bodyshop, be good to see her fighting fit again! take it your not missing diesel power lol

Still on the diesel power for now mate. The white beast should be MOT'd and painted for my return onshore on the 22nd. Can't wait, the diesel has 45bhp so the rallye should be a bit more fun if i can master changing into 4th instead of 6th :rotfl:

Project is growing arms and legs as it goes on

So true, just when you think you've covered all the bases re: preparation ,upgrades etc something else is sure to pop up. Worth taking time over though and getting it right first time round , cost depending right enough!

I hope the shell isn't too bad Ciaran. Never a good feeling splashing out for things that weren't expected..

When's it off for the cage ?