Gone And Done It...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Greig, I'd watched the price tumble from the original price asked a wee while ago.. and decided to strike and haggle when I saw the current advert!! ...300+ miles from the SpecG, thats crazy-talk buddy!! ;)

Trenna, I'll see you at the Bridge Access after you've been to see Uncle Steve!! :lol::D

Ciaran, unless the engine goes to the scrapyard in the sky and I'm forced to call Mr Jeffrey then it won't be going north of 400 at any point I don't think mate. ;)

Thanks Kev, the wheels aren't bad, I just think that it'd look nicer with a certain set of wheels I've got sitting in the garage. :o

Cheers,

Grant

lol Gus, I've got a bit of a way to even get into the GTB ballpark of Scoob ownership.. haha, but you've had a couple of years head start on me!! ;) ;)

Gordi, its the very same one that Honest Bob did the HPi on for me on my way to the airport, nothing like leaving things til the last minute!! :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks guys, and lol @ the blunt honesty from G.Mac.. its ok mate, have got the wheel situation in hand!! ;)

Pedro its definitely over-spec'd for its current output, however, its nice to know that there is a bit of scope to use the car to its potential and upgrade in the future without running into expensive transmission problems. That was one of the biggest reasons that I went for this car actually. ;)

Colin, I work in the city centre so this is going to be an evening/weekend toy only........ and it feels good to be able to say "mon the classics" again!! :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

Yea the Civic is away down in London now Dan, would have been a wicked track toy, but didn't totally float my boat.. so wasn't keen on spending the cash to prepare it properly.

I've got a set of 18" PFF7 Alloys sitting for the Scoob, just needing to get some rubber for them and might get them refurb'd too if I can make my mind up what colour would work best!! ;)

Hows the P1 doing?

Cheers,

Grant

Pedro its definitely over-spec'd for its current output, however, its nice to know that there is a bit of scope to use the car to its potential and upgrade in the future without running into expensive transmission problems. That was one of the biggest reasons that I went for this car actually. ;)

Cheers,

Grant

Grant

You really have bought a good buy and its even future proofed for you in the transmission side....time to turn up the wick for more go :)

Peter

The Civic looked a really nice car. I would go silver on the pff7's, always looks nice with the Mica Blue.

P1 is fine, have done a few cosmetic things to it, just clear indicators, repeaters, Sti rear lights, 22b vents. Wheels are needing refurbed and i want to get the front end resprayed (bumper sagging, stone chips etc).

Ive done all the supporting mods and bought the downpipe and centre section from Cal. Fitted that a while ago and now the clutch is slipping. I will get that sorted and get the car remapped. To be honest ive hardly used it (started it and gave it a run on Wednesday, first time since before christmas). Im selling my Lupo just now so once it sells i will get back into the P1. Shame on me!

My sister is over in Ireland and stumbled upon my old Terzo, nice to see its still alive ;)

Yep, they're Bright Flitter just now.. but I'm really thinking about getting them done in straight silver for the 'clean' look on DBM, I'm gonna have a proper look and see if there are any bits of my car which are worth getting looked at when I get the front lip done on my car...... might as well do it all at the same time. :)

The Civic was brilliant, just a bit 'bee in a can' ish sounding for me.. it wouldn't have passed any sort of noise regs with the hytech manifold etc and would have required wheels and tyres, uprated brakes, stripped and caged for track work. But I didn't have the enthusiasm for it in the same way I've got love for turbo'd cars. ;)

The P1 will be a punchy drive once its all mapped up mate, you wont regret it anyway!!

Good to hear the Terzo is still around, the car was babied by Barry so I'm sure it'll go on for a long time yet.. was a brilliant looking/sounding car that and if I'd had the free cash at the time then it might well have stayed in the Dundee area. :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

Grant

You really have bought a good buy and its even future proofed for you in the transmission side....time to turn up the wick for more go :)

Peter

Haha, its still on the standard UK bottom end though mate... so the wick will have to wait for a while!! Will have to throw in a bit of overtime to save up for some stroked goodness from AJ. Oh crap, look at that, its started!! ;)

Cheers,

Grant