What To Do?

Well story goes I moved into my first house in the middle of August ;)

Straight away one of the neighbours commented on how my exhaust would wake the whole street up. To be fair when im onshore im never away in the morning before 10ish and never late back to the house so I have had never had any other comments since the day i moved in.

Last time I was home I was standing in the kitchen which overlooks the drive and a Saxo with an exhaust bigger than mine pulls up with 2 kids with baseball caps inside. The stop in front of my drive pointing at the car then drive off this was in the middle of the day fair enough.

Now im back offshore my other half has informed me that on Sat night the same car turned up with another 3 cars at 1am pulled in realsied the car was not there, I live in a cul de sac so they have to turn around to go back out. They do so making a flippin racket and pulling wheel spins.

The next day a neighbour comes to the door complaining about my friends cars making a racket and waking people up.

My girlfriend informed her that it was nothing to do with me and that i was offshore.

Basically the car is attracting attention weather it be them admiring the car or wanting to steal it I don't know.

Do I get a reg plate and phone the police and risk backlash like vandalism of some sort?

Approach them next time they turn up with several of my mates? :icon_salut:

Or get the reg and get a source to tell me who owns the cars and see if i can get it sorted another way?

I don't actually think they would try to steal the car but im more concerned that they will continue to turn up and annoy my neighbours which basically annoys me as I don't want to be a bad neighbour.

Print off a sheet of paper and leave it lying on the dashboard, parcel shelf or where ever they are going to see it.

It should read - If you can read this you've just been caught on CCTV. I will pass the tape to the police if you approach my car again.

They may look round for a camera but the penny should quickly drop that if they find one they'll be staring right into it.

If you get the reg plates and pass them on to the boys in blue then it might not do any harm. If nothing else it shows that you are concerned about it, and if anything did happen that would work in your favour. Also I don't think they would tell the scumbags that it was related to your car. They might just check them out etc.

But then your other plans don't sound bad either... :icon_salut:

To be honest if it kept up id be most likely to just keep a base ball bat behind the front door as im sure if they woke me up and i came out weilding a bat half asleep at 1 in the morning half pissed they would not come back.

They would struggle to steal it as the birds car is usually parked 90 degrees to mine in front of the drive

Unfortunatly I get the same type of person admiring the Banana. I keep a note of the regi and take a snap with my phone. Same as me with regard to staying in a cul de sac and they like to 3 point turn with as many revs as possible. I have a camera pointed at the car and the car has a top end Clifford that has a proximity sensor which chirps loud enough to catch my attention, night or day. Think I should put a picture of Wilky on the dash fir added security

How about asking your neighbour that next time they turn up to call the police?

At least that way they will know that they are definately not associates of yours and if they call... it wasn't you to have any backlash though they might not see it that way...

you could get a cheap wireless camera and floodlight to cover the drive?

They may just be young boys admiring the car, surely if they wanted to steal it then they wouldnt make so much noise.

Correct if they were looking to steal it they would not have made so much noise unless they are completly stupid.

I think they are most likely young boys admiring the car. Can they not just do it during the day quietly.

As I said I park on the drive and my girlfriend parks in front of it so they would have to break into her car and start it as it on a hill and the neighbours car is parked in front so they would need to move the car up the hill and then try stealing my car without waking me or the dog up.

Correct if they were looking to steal it they would not have made so much noise unless they are completly stupid.

I think they are most likely young boys admiring the car. Can they not just do it during the day quietly.

As I said I park on the drive and my girlfriend parks in front of it so they would have to break into her car and start it as it on a hill and the neighbours car is parked in front so they would need to move the car up the hill and then try stealing my car without waking me or the dog up.

Have you thought about a car cover, they are really good, I got one from Scooby world, I have the same bother as I live in a flat, car cover did the trick as it has a padlock on it so it cannot be lifted up from nosey folk.

It pops off in about 30 seconds and takes 2 minutes to put it back on.

cheers

Edited by cruz104
Have you thought about a car cover, they are really good, I got one from Scooby world, I have the same bother as I live in a flat, car cover did the trick as it has a padlock on it so it cannot be lifted up from nosey folk.

It pops off in about 30 seconds and takes 2 minutes to put it back on.

cheers

Do you have any issues with marking the paintwork using it?

Cheers

Kenny

Thats not so good min, but sounds like they are the worst car theifs ever if they make that much noise.

I bet its the local neds though, is your dog big?

No small dog (collie) but big attitude if she aint happy. Local neds but not from my town which why it concerns me.

I use the car to regulary for a cover it would just be a pain in the behind plus is it not a bit sad/anal? :icon_salut:

i suggest wearing hawian shirts whenever driving the car,and draping some over it when its parked. this should ruin your street cred enough that they will neither want to nick it or come and gawp like guppies anymore.

i can give you the name of my tailor if you pursue this option

i suggest wearing hawian shirts whenever driving the car,and draping some over it when its parked. this should ruin your street cred enough that they will neither want to nick it or come and gawp like guppies anymore.

i can give you the name of my tailor if you pursue this option

;)

And to enhance the effect, try rolling down the windows and playing 'male stripper' over the stereo as loud as possible :icon_salut:

Now sing with me...

I was a male stripper in a gogo bar, I was a male stripper in a gogo bar...

Do you have any issues with marking the paintwork using it?

I thought about a cover (to keep cats' claws off the paintwork) but it was this that put me off - seemingly it's an issue with some of them when the wind blows and the cover moves about, particularly if the car's dirty.

No problems like that with yours Cruz, I take it?

when i got ma hawkeye i had the same we neds in there vidal sasoon hairdryers zooming into ma street to look at the car,i was washing it the next time they came down and the stopped and asked a few questions,told them a few things also pointed out that they better stay away,all they wanted was there pics taken for there bebo pages lol, that was 4months ago,never seen them again in ma street but the car always gets a wave from aw these we neds ,so they aint all that bad

I thought about a cover (to keep cats' claws off the paintwork) but it was this that put me off - seemingly it's an issue with some of them when the wind blows and the cover moves about, particularly if the car's dirty.

No problems like that with yours Cruz, I take it?

Hiya

Aye the car needs to be clean for the cover to go on it, the storm force one I use has 2 clips and straps that go underneath to stop it blowing away, it also has a plastic covered steel cord that goes underneath that allows the cover to be padlocked to stop it from being pinched.

The front end sometimes does lift off the car when it is blowing a gale if the straps are not tight enough.

Hope this helps

John

I can loan you a big dog if you like? You can have him for a weekend and i wont charge you a thing - all you need to do is feed him (that will save me about £20!). He is partial to a wee ned or two, particularly if they are wrapped in Burberry and stinkin of Red Bull...............

post-14817-1255095044.jpg

Talking from a similar experience you are wasting your time with the police. If you are able take the matter into your own hands or can get someone else then do so. It's only a matter of time before it's damaged or something goes missing off it.

Scum thieves don't care about police and they are obviously interested in something.

Edited by daves2rs
Hiya

Aye the car needs to be clean for the cover to go on it, the storm force one I use has 2 clips and straps that go underneath to stop it blowing away, it also has a plastic covered steel cord that goes underneath that allows the cover to be padlocked to stop it from being pinched.

The front end sometimes does lift off the car when it is blowing a gale if the straps are not tight enough.

Hope this helps

John

Cheers John.

Aye, it was the Storm Force item I was considering - looks like a quality item.