Rrrrallye Event In Keith Today

Not long home from the Rrrrallye event in keith today and it was a great day out.

The aim of the day was to provide road safety awareness to youngsters.

The emergency services, skid car instructors, IAM and many car + 1 bike club attended the day.

Our stand was brilliant, and we even outnumbered the evo's.

Our very own WR1 on stand scooped best car of the day, and quite rightly deserved as it looked flawless B)

Big Thanks to the guys down south for lending us the gazebo and flags etc. Big Thanks to the guys for turning up today.

And a Huge thanks to Peter W & ScoUk for making this day happen for us.

The Rrrrallye website is on my signature for more info on this event (i can't remember it as I type at the moment)

Here is a few pics...

Picture003-9.jpg

Picture004-6.jpg

Picture005-6.jpg

Picture006-6.jpg

Picture007-5.jpg

And one for Scooby Doom...

Picture002-8.jpg

Thats all the pics I took because I know some of you took plenty.

Cheers

Rich

Got to agree it was a great day. Cars looked really good & it showed that everyone put a lot of effort in. :D

Congrats to the owner of the WR1 (Sorry never got your name B) ) it was looking fantastic! :) Also big thanks to Rrrrallye team for organising a great worthwhile event. Al, thanks for the time & effort you put into our dept & Pete W for the Moray region banner! :P

Get some pics up later. :o

Edited by sczscoob

SL370591.jpg

SL370590.jpg

SL370589.jpg

SL370588.jpg

SL370587.jpg

Managed to sneak mine in later on for a quick pic.

SL370586.jpg

My Bug next to Smiler AS -best looking Wagon i seen.

SL370585.jpg

SL370584.jpg

My old Mica blue classic- looking shiny!

SL370583.jpg

P.S Nice to meet Westtra today - putting a face to the name on here.

Edited by tommo9375

Yep, echo the comments above. Was a great event for a great cause! :thumbup: Even got grabbed for a brief interview for local radio station :o

Big thanks to everyone who made it along today! Good to get the locals back together again and meet some new faces too! How quickly did everythign get packed away neatly at the end of the day :o Very impressed :thumbup: Also big thanks especially to PeterW for not only being one of the many organisers of the Rrralyee event but also for donating a couple SIDC Flags/Sails to the Moray region!! WoW! :icon_pray:

As davey l wrx mentioned, had a a few discussions with the guys from Bitz Motorsport from Nairn who run their own Impreza's in the SCottish Rally Championship and are building their own Murtaya cars!. Things look promising for being able to come up with a discount scheme for SIDC members! For parts, servicing and labour costs. Nothing agreed yet, but woudl be good to have a local company which we can trust to work on our cars and do servicing without having to travel several hours for a garage!

Also seems like we may finally get some sort of deal / fun day out with the skid-car scotland guys!! Stay tuned for that one!

Finally talks with other several people at the event (including the local IAM group, Bitz Motorsport and our very own davey l wrx) shows a LOT of support for getting use of one of the many airfields in the area to host local motoring events along with putting together a sprint track and who else knows! Wont be an overnight task but need to get the ball rolling on this over hte next year or so and see what can be done! :thumbup:

Once again, thanks for a great day out, weather was brilliant openign up to the sun in teh afternoon and not a spot of rain! Here's to Rrralyee 2010!! :occasion14:

Some piccies:

THe SIDC stand! Yeah BabY!! Probably the biggest stand of the day.. No award for it though :huh:

P1100824.JPG

P1100828.JPG

P1100835.JPG

P1100836.JPG

P1100859.JPG

P1100868.JPG

The Evo's!... Pah! :D

P1100822.JPG

Outnumbered!

P1100875.JPG

Although respect to this one... Clearly too much time on his hands, but WoW!

P1100876.JPG

Forgot to bring my cuddly Scooby Mascot but no worry! jenniec76 took along her real life one!!! :lol:

P1100907.JPG

One of Bitz Motorsports Murtaya's :wub:

P1100892.JPG

P1100905.JPG

And finally Cullenmin meets his idol :thumbup: Stig seems shorter in real lfe :rotfl:

P1100817.JPG

More event piccies here:

http://www.scouk.net//gallery/2009_rrrrallye/

Thanks to everyone involved with this event! You did good! :icon_salut:

http://www.rrrrallye.co.uk/

Edited by ScoUK

Nice pics Al, is it just me or does that second shot of the Murtaya look like a 1/72nd scale model.

Good skills getting a picture my boy with his gob shut, that must have taken a while.... :icon_salut:

I'll start some work on the airfield/runway bash as soon as i get a chance to chat to the people who can say yes.

A huge heartfelt thanks to you guys for tuning up it really made the day to see the support we got. Being the first show, we had no idea what was in front of us.

We (the Rrrraylle Team) can only organise the event it's guys like yourselves who make the show happen.

I don't know yet how much money was raised but it will go along way to educate the youngsters on driving safely & hopefully save lives.

Al if I'd a trophy for the best stand & the Scoobies won it I would have been lynched. Picking up 2 trophies isn't bad is it.

Thanks again guys

Peter

Well done lads looks like you had a great day :icon_salut:

SIDC events are really going well this summer £900 raised today at Hypertech for charity as well

I see the muppit with the red EVO was out on show again, transports it around on a trailer & never drives it on the road :occasion14: KN***ER

Well I was thinking about coming up for this, but I never really slept well at all last night, and its a good job that I didn't because i got woken up to a phone call this morning asking me to go back offshore... I wasn't even home for 20 hours this time...

Perhaps next time...

Good turn out anyways... :icon_salut:

great effort guys,looks like it was an awesome day!!! glad to see the stand looking so good- good job us new ages could fit it in eh Rich :icon_salut:

great news on the moray banners, possible Bitz tie up and air field/track use - fantastic effort and all credit to Al for making a lot of headway in a short spell as RO :occasion14:

Finally managed to get pics loaded up so here goes. :icon_pray:

IMG_2024.jpg

Keeping a close eye on the oposition :thumbup:

IMG_2028.jpg

Kris's UK Turbo

IMG_2026.jpg

The Stig was there standing next to the Murtaya. (Honestly it was him! :thumbup: )

IMG_2035.jpg

The quite rightly winning WR1, looked great :icon_salut:

IMG_2056.jpg

Scooby Dooms baby, got plenty more pics for you Pete!

IMG_2058.jpg

The Raptor

IMG_2067.jpg

The winning Bike. Fantastic looking bike aswell.

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

PeteW's Mondeo.

IMG_2038.jpg

The car where the event's name came from.

IMG_2046.jpg

Thanks again for a great day folks. Roll on next year! :occasion14:

Edited by sczscoob

I'm sorry I did not get time to stop & speak to everyone in person but I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

I didn't see a SIDC or MLR team entered for the mini it's a knockout. Now that would have been a laugh.

That was some motorbike that won the trophy. The guy stays in Keith & that was his latest creation.

Orange County Choppers comes to Keith???????

We had already decided this would be an annual event so here's to next year.

Peter

Edited by Peter W

sounds like you guys had a good time

the stand looks great, love the SIDC Moray sails

that dog is big, eh?

well done to everyone that took part, the Moray area seems to have grown quite a bit and is establishing its own links with the community :icon_salut:

did the cars that have SIDC number plates on them look like that on the day or has that been been edited in afterwards?

it looks smart :occasion14:

The WR1 is Liam, (Strangely Brown), Thought that it was his car, but wasn't sure till I saw a pic of him there...

Aye thats him, good to meet you Neil. I forgot your username but I knew it had brown in it :icon_salut:

edited your name liam, em I mean Neil since dale is a walloper :occasion14:

Edited by Cullenmin

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the really warm welcome at the event yesterday, it made the trip up from Insch well worth it.

It was great to meet you all. :occasion14:

Good to see the Scoobs obviously had by far the best stand at the show, the flags and sails really topping it off, very nice. Big thanks to Peter W and ScoUK for the organisation too.

It was a bit embarassing cleaning up on the prizes as a newbie, that said it was still nice to 'stick it' to the EVOs. My daughter still hasn't stopped talking about it!!

Some good photos all round too, I'll try and post mine asap though I'm heading offshore at 4:45am in the morning so no time tonight. Talking of photos ref. sczscoob's of kris's UK Turbo with me in the background - you really didn't get my best side! ! (I am guilty of being caught avec polishing rag though :icon_salut:)

The WR1 is Liam, (Strangely Brown), Thought that it was his car, but wasn't sure till I saw a pic of him there...

Hi Dale - its Neil not Liam!

Anyway must fly, thanks again - see you all next time!

Toodle Pip!!

SB