New Car Arriving Soon

Fat Banana

Gmac wanted to call it Tracey AKA the fat slag but i declined on the grounds the car aint a slapper and the fact his choice was made after 1000 miles of driving (Glasgow 3am, Devon 9am, Surrey 1230pm, Prodrive 2pm, Preston 6.30pm and back to Glasgow for 11pm) The big chap certainly does the endurance driving down to a tee and thanks for that big chap.

Placed a deposit tonight and will collect the car towards the end of next week.

Some tempting words to help conjure an image

Yellow, obviously

1997 Version 3 Type R

Fat, as in 22b fat and it may even make JohnSt's car look slim

4 Pot Mines/AP Front brakes 2 pot rears

Mocal oil cooler with thermo

Simtek ECU

Wrapped headers

Plated front and rear diff and unknown aftermarket centre diff

Garrett/HKS Turbo

Falken Semi Slicks

Twisted up pipe

Bilstien Coilovers.

ARB's front and rear

Straight through zorst

Carbon interior foot panels

Lightweight battery

HKS Boost control

Defi's

Big Bosch pump and swirl pot and Aeroquip hosing throughout

18inch 3 spoke alloys

Roll cage

Version 6 RA dash

Magnum fixed back seats with 5 point harnesses

2200cc Stroker kit

350bhp @ 1.1bar with similar torque

55000kms

Some more images to follow when i upload the to PB

fab3_1.jpg

Good points, its certainly one of a kind and is a lot of car for the money

Bad points, its as subtle as a brick through a jewellers window.

Needs remapped by Andy as soon as possible due to it currently running a very safe rich map from a well known mapper based in the North of England

Still got a std regulator in there and with a monster Bosch pushing against it i will need a suitable replacement.

All it needs is a replacement Fuel Pressure Regulator and a remap and Bobs your uncle

Happy days

Edited by The Squiggle
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one squiggle, deffo not going to be short of power if she`s pushing 350/350 at 1.1 bar :(

i think ive seen this one on scabbynet before, if its the same one its a wet dream on wheels :wizard::lol::)

is this to be a daily driver or something a bit more track focused :P

B Roads is where she will thrive.

Guy who owned it really gave it some beans around the back roads where he lived and after that it was just a case of how much do you want. In his garage was a nice M3 and this car was used for regular Oulton Park track days.

He previously owned a 22b and imported this himself about a year ago and has put a total of 1000kms on it since it arrived in the UK and spent about 5k tidying it up and adding some nice extras like the Bilstiens and ECU

So looking forward to it arriving but in the mean time i need to tidy up and service the Bomber prior to departure

She was up for sale about a year ago for 12k and now thanks to the super supportive super fantastic Imy and the AA Car Finance dept i managed to get her for a more suitable price that was within my budget I had always wanted a V3 Yellow Type R and when i knew this one was available then it acted swiftly to secure it

Video from (cough) Max Power (cough)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0lN7jy9e0g

Rear wings are 22b plus lower bodykit, front wings are blended GRP and original Type R wings but unfortunatly there is some minor ripplin where it joins the metal. Considering the wings were put on the car 11 years ago in 1998 the rippling is not as bad as expected

Cant sleep due to Red Bull overload

The first thing you want to do is take a saw to the front bumper so air can get to the other 50% of the intercooler :P

looking good though :( Cant see the feds pulling you to often coz its not a "shouty" car as clarkson would say.

Edited by Arch